watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is it only me?

Started by Banstead White, January 26, 2013, 08:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banstead White

......that doesnt just see a woeful team but perhaps more distinctly sees a team (or more seemingly a group of players) of 8 against every other Teams 11.

TBH for me Berba, Ruiz, Baird and or Sidwell (I would count each as a half player) have done nothing of note in any game for a long while.......I would go as far to say if the bulgarian was dropped and we sent out only 10 players we would fare no worse.......harsh but a frank view.

The commentary on ESPN today mentioned Jol not doing anything of signficance to change things in months and we are now beginning to see the effect of this......stagnation.

I do wonder if it is right for Jol to go, had he not brought Berba in then he may have had more options, as strange as it appears, but having backed him he has set a rod for his own back, particularly after the expensive failure of Ruiz....(who for me remains marlet in disguise).

OK I dont post to often, but, today was the poorest of the poor, so poor in fact I feel sorry for Blackpool, having robbed them of the opportunity to have a go!

Cheers
R
Roysie

Northendwhite

And people wonder hy Berbatov wasn't being played at Manure. Saying that, he wouldn't get close to the front two right now.
Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere!

Humbled

:plus one:
Quote from: Banstead White on January 26, 2013, 08:36:47 PM
......that doesnt just see a woeful team but perhaps more distinctly sees a team (or more seemingly a group of players) of 8 against every other Teams 11.

TBH for me Berba, Ruiz, Baird and or Sidwell (I would count each as a half player) have done nothing of note in any game for a long while.......I would go as far to say if the bulgarian was dropped and we sent out only 10 players we would fare no worse.......harsh but a frank view.

The commentary on ESPN today mentioned Jol not doing anything of signficance to change things in months and we are now beginning to see the effect of this......stagnation.

I do wonder if it is right for Jol to go, had he not brought Berba in then he may have had more options, as strange as it appears, but having backed him he has set a rod for his own back, particularly after the expensive failure of Ruiz....(who for me remains marlet in disguise).

OK I dont post to often, but, today was the poorest of the poor, so poor in fact I feel sorry for Blackpool, having robbed them of the opportunity to have a go!

Cheers
R
:plus one: for most

Max Headroom

Berbatov is our problem. We used to counter attack with pace but now it reaches Berbatov and we walk. Jol has to sort out the problem tat is Berbatov. We are not Barcelona. We cannot play with no striker

Humbled

Quote from: Max Headroom on January 26, 2013, 09:17:31 PM
Berbatov is our problem. We used to counter attack with pace but now it reaches Berbatov and we walk. Jol has to sort out the problem tat is Berbatov. We are not Barcelona. We cannot play with no striker

Agreed!!

God The Mechanic

If he was the only slow one then that might be the case, but no one moves with urgency.  In part it's due to the age of the players, but Kaca had a chance to run into 20/30 yards of empty space tonight and just wandered with the ball.

the nutflush

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 26, 2013, 09:33:35 PM

If he was the only slow one then that might be the case, but no one moves with urgency.  In part it's due to the age of the players, but Kaca had a chance to run into 20/30 yards of empty space tonight and just wandered with the ball.

Thats because if he runs too fast and misses Berba with a pass Berba waves his arms in the air and throws his head back like hes been shot.  Get him out of the starting 11 now.  Hes done more damage to the team than anyone.  Ive seen womens amateur teams move the ball with more urgency than our lot.

Mladens Nan

Totally agreed, there was a massive gulf in class tonight. But, one noticeable factor was the pace behind each attack. All of their attacks had pace and men up meaning that our defence were outnumbered. Our attacks were not only slow but most players seemed scared to get near the box including our strikers! I can't see how we are going to score. Hughes' goal was good but one of the only ones straight from a corner all season..

God The Mechanic

Quote from: the nutflush on January 26, 2013, 09:40:34 PM
Thats because if he runs too fast and misses Berba with a pass Berba waves his arms in the air and throws his head back like hes been shot.  Get him out of the starting 11 now.  Hes done more damage to the team than anyone.  Ive seen womens amateur teams move the ball with more urgency than our lot.

So you're saying that the entire team play at such a pedestrian pace because they think that ONE player will have a go at them?  If everyone was outpacing Berba then there would be more options than just him to misplace a pass to.  Yes, he plays slow, but he isn't causing everyone else to play as slowly as they are.

Terry Angus

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 26, 2013, 09:33:35 PM

If he was the only slow one then that might be the case, but no one moves with urgency.  In part it's due to the age of the players, but Kaca had a chance to run into 20/30 yards of empty space tonight and just wandered with the ball.

Thats because if he runs too fast and misses Berba with a pass Berba waves his arms in the air and throws his head back like hes been shot.  Get him out of the starting 11 now.  Hes done more damage to the team than anyone.  Ive seen womens amateur teams move the ball with more urgency than our lot.

those who've read the simon morgan book may recall what he said about paul parker: that whilst he was a great player and ostensibly a good signing for us (second time around, in 1997 i mean) his introduction to the squad, for some reason, totally unbalanced it and had a negative effect. berbatov is the best player outfield player i've ever had the pleasure to watch in a fulham shirt but looking at our form and listening to the way jol talks him, i do wonder if history isn't repeating itself

the nutflush

Quote from: God The Mechanic on January 26, 2013, 09:50:09 PM

So you're saying that the entire team play at such a pedestrian pace because they think that ONE player will have a go at them?  If everyone was outpacing Berba then there would be more options than just him to misplace a pass to.  Yes, he plays slow, but he isn't causing everyone else to play as slowly as they are.

There is no doubt that his presence has slowed the whole team down.  You cant deny he has a massive influence on the way we play.  We play with no width and no pace.  Nobody has a clue how to keep him happy.  Its ugly football.  I would rather watch Stoke than watch us at the moment.

epsomraver

Quote from: Banstead White on January 26, 2013, 08:36:47 PM

Cheers
R

Not fair about Sidwell, he had a poor game today but has been superb in previous games, sometimes looked like he and Giorgio were the only ones who cared.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: the nutflush on January 26, 2013, 09:57:35 PM
There is no doubt that his presence has slowed the whole team down.  You cant deny he has a massive influence on the way we play.  We play with no width and no pace.  Nobody has a clue how to keep him happy.  Its ugly football.  I would rather watch Stoke than watch us at the moment.

He has lowed down the GENERAL pace of the team, yes.  However, if there is a potential move that doesn't include him, how can he be blamed for slowing that down?  Players may look for him as the first option, but if that isn't on then they'll go elsewhere - that elsewhere is also painfully slow most of the time.  If they choose not to take that better option in favour of playing Berba in, then that is a weakness of the player, not the fault of Berba.