watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

My wife is a good judge of character

Started by The Swan, January 26, 2013, 09:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

My wife and I are season ticket holders. I liked Jol when he took over from Hughes but my wife did not like him from the start.
She and I had a lot of disagreements during the past 18 months, regarding Jol. She could see that he had a bad influence on the team he took over from Hughes. Jol signed some old and past it players like Karagounis,Diarra,Petric, Richardson and Rodallega. She does not rate any of these players. I have to agree with her on some of these players.
I now also agree with her regarding Jol as not the right manager for Fulham
I have said in an earlier post that I would like Nigel Atkins to take over, sooner rather than later.
The Swan

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: The Swan on January 26, 2013, 09:45:44 PM
My wife and I are season ticket holders. I liked Jol when he took over from Hughes but my wife did not like him from the start.
She and I had a lot of disagreements during the past 18 months, regarding Jol. She could see that he had a bad influence on the team he took over from Hughes. Jol signed some old and past it players like Karagounis,Diarra,Petric, Richardson and Rodallega. She does not rate any of these players. I have to agree with her on some of these players.
I now also agree with her regarding Jol as not the right manager for Fulham
I have said in an earlier post that I would like Nigel Atkins to take over, sooner rather than later.

Swan,you fail to answer your own statement though
Most importantly who does your wife want to take over as FFC manager!
Never mind your choice!

epsomraver

What a poor reply, does Mrs swan want to be the manager! I say get her in she cannot do a worse one, Mr Swan your situation re your better half is exactly the same in our household,but I changed perhaps quicker than you,  my Wife was totally against him from the start and before the " what does she know about the game brigade jump in she did not miss a Fulham game Anywhere including the tours to Ireland and Germany since she was 14 in 1967 and although she has never kicked a ball in anger her insight into the game is extremely good.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

My wife thinks your wife's talking nonsense. ..

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Mrs Swan & Mrs epsomraver for me then
They look & sound like far better judges of character,ability,team work,tactics,organisation & most importantly a motivational "whack round the head" when anyone fails to deliver
Get them in - now!

epsomraver

epsomraver

Quote from: AnotherVicHalomLoveChild on January 26, 2013, 10:24:48 PM
Mrs Swan & Mrs epsomraver for me then
They look & sound like far better judges of character,ability,team work,tactics,organisation & most importantly a motivational "whack round the head" when anyone fails to deliver
Get them in - now!

They cannot do a worse job that's for sure!

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: epsomraver on January 26, 2013, 10:33:47 PM
Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on January 26, 2013, 10:20:33 PM
My wife thinks your wife's talking nonsense. ..

You are so funny it hurts. :012:

More likely it's a combination of gout and arthritis. ..

EJL

Sorry but why does everyone want Atkins? Someone give me three good reasons for appointing Adkins (not talking about sacking Jol because I know many of you could go on and on).

A Humble Man

Why not bring back Keegan he is very old and stupid but that means he would get on with most of our players as he has a lot in common with them.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

HatterDon

Quote from: EJL on January 26, 2013, 10:55:35 PM
Sorry but why does everyone want Atkins? Someone give me three good reasons for appointing Adkins (not talking about sacking Jol because I know many of you could go on and on).

because with a squad not nearly as talented as ours, his team's form over the last 2.5 months of his tenure was significantly better than ours. They battled for 90 minutes and never gave a point away stupidly. If he can get that performance out of a more talented squad -- ours -- he'd be a better bet to get us out of this funk than anyone else that's available.

But, since you're blinded by Jol-love, you'll never see that.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

CorkCity

My wife says "Fulham are crap" I can't really argue the point at the moment.
"don't dwell on reality ,it will only keep you from greatness"

fulhamguy

Quote from: HatterDon on January 27, 2013, 03:56:05 AM

because with a squad not nearly as talented as ours, his team's form over the last 2.5 months of his tenure was significantly better than ours. They battled for 90 minutes and never gave a point away stupidly. If he can get that performance out of a more talented squad -- ours -- he'd be a better bet to get us out of this funk than anyone else that's available.

With all due respect Southampton's current squad, player for player, is better than ours in my opinion. Not just that, but younger and hungrier.

Fonte
Shaw
Lallana
Schneiderlin
Lambert
Ramirez
Puncheon
Clyne
Cork
COYW!

TonyGilroy

We won't get 40 points with Jol managing. In my opinion.

If he's to be replaced Adkins at least has experience and is not a recent failure.

Ultimately though I think we desperately need new leadership. Someone to say "forget the past - this is how we do things now."

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamaustin on January 27, 2013, 07:44:27 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 27, 2013, 03:56:05 AM

With all due respect Southampton's current squad, player for player, is better than ours in my opinion. Not just that, but younger and hungrier.

Fonte
Shaw
Lallana
Schniederlin (spelling probably wrong)
Lambert
Ramirez
Puncheon
Clyne

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Blimey 9 players and they are still better than us, You are talking nonsense, they have no big named players, Jack Cork in their midfield, former Chelsea youth was loaned out all over the place in the lower leagues and finally settled at Southampton and holds his place in the team now they are in the top flight, he says it is all due to the managers motivation and playing and using players in the right positions and to their strengths, some thing our manager  064.gifhas not got a clue about.

michaelread

let me get this straight..

a thread about a wifes judge of character is garnering a serious football debate?

while we're at it, one of my plants moves towards the light emitting from jol when he is shown close up on my screen, so jol in

Logicalman

Quote from: michaelread on January 27, 2013, 10:44:14 AM
let me get this straight..

a thread about a wifes judge of character is garnering a serious football debate?

while we're at it, one of my plants moves towards the light emitting from jol when he is shown close up on my screen, so jol in

Priceless!!!  064.gif

TonyGilroy

Your plant needs to have a good talk with itself.

Logicalman

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 27, 2013, 11:43:07 AM

Perhaps Prince Charles is available!

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: Logicalman on January 27, 2013, 11:50:08 AM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 27, 2013, 11:43:07 AM

Perhaps Prince Charles is available!

Say in PC voice

"Ny u plants need to bl##dy well sort urselves oit otherwise the Cottage garden will cease to flourish - yah

Come on u whytes"