watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ruiz and berba

Started by samv10, January 27, 2013, 12:14:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samv10

They can't be the only two up front, both lazy and lack movement . They should both bein playin behind a more active striker with movement, it's just not happening we don't look like a threat going forward.

Lighthouse

Both are fine talented players. The most talented we have. But they don't work in this formation. They have hardly ever worked in this formation. We have only won once when both started the game. But Jol will keep on playing them.

People are always quick to have a go at Rodders. But a lack of control with pace is better than all the control in the world if you just keeping passing a ball a few yards back and forth allowing the defenders time to have a picnic.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

zander

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 27, 2013, 12:21:57 AM
Both are fine talented players. The most talented we have. But they don't work in this formation. They have hardly ever worked in this formation. We have only won once when both started the game. But Jol will keep on playing them.

People are always quick to have a go at Rodders. But a lack of control with pace is better than all the control in the world if you just keeping passing a ball a few yards back and forth allowing the defenders time to have a picnic.

I'd actually play Rodders on wednesday because he gives us that all around threat up top.

..Kya.ffc..

Play almost anyone that would stay on top and not drop so deep all the time.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

HatterDon

I don't have nearly the problem with Ruiz that I have with Berbatov. Until Berbatov remembers that he's a forward, and that one of the jobs of a forward is TO BLOODY RUN once in a while, I'd sit him out.

Barring that, I certainly wouldn't devote a portion of every press conference praising him as our best player.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

Quote from: zander on January 27, 2013, 12:46:23 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on January 27, 2013, 12:21:57 AM

I'd actually play Rodders on wednesday because he gives us that all around threat up top.

Except he is awful at finishing. Drop Ruiz,  He cannot play with Berba in the formation we play.

farfouille

Quote from: samv10 on January 27, 2013, 12:14:26 AM
They can't be the only two up front, both lazy and lack movement . They should both bein playin behind a more active striker with movement, it's just not happening we don't look like a threat going forward.

The only quick player with decent shooting that we have is Dejagah. Maybe we should try to play him upfront?

Schwarzer
Riether-H-H-Riise
Duff-Kara-Ruiz-Kaca
Berba
Dejagah

Actually, right now I would approve any formation without Baird and Sidwell in it. :P
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

A Humble Man

Neither was up front yesterday as they are both players who want to play behind a striker.  We must start with Petric or Rodders with Berb behind and perhaps Ruiz on the wing.

Saying all the real problem is they do not look like a team and it does not matter what eleven Jol puts out if the are not motivated.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

grandad

Berba will only score goals with him being in & around the box. Ruiz needs a pacy creative midfielder to link up our defensive midfield.Having both of them in no mans land just does not work. I am beginning to think that Berba is a luxury we can´t afford. He is a truly gifted player but he needs top class players doing his fetching & carrying.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Fulham_Surrey

grandad, I do agree with you somewhat.  But i think if we buy 2 solid midfielders, we will be fine.  Frimpong loan is a great start. The guy is great and should start immediately for us.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on January 27, 2013, 09:36:59 AM
grandad, I do agree with you somewhat.  But i think if we buy 2 solid midfielders, we will be fine.  Frimpong loan is a great start. The guy is great and should start immediately for us.

He's a young player with very little top level experience. We can hope for the best but shouldn't expect it.

Dugliss

Quote from: grandad on January 27, 2013, 09:02:58 AM
Berba will only score goals with him being in & around the box. Ruiz needs a pacy creative midfielder to link up our defensive midfield.Having both of them in no mans land just does not work. I am beginning to think that Berba is a luxury we can´t afford. He is a truly gifted player but he needs top class players doing his fetching & carrying.

:plus one:

Fulham_Surrey

no, Frimpong might be young, but he is eager, and great tackler.  I lot better defensive midfielder than Baird.  And has vision.  I hope we get more signees.

bobby01

Quote from: HatterDon on January 27, 2013, 04:11:01 AM
I don't have nearly the problem with Ruiz that I have with Berbatov. Until Berbatov remembers that he's a forward, and that one of the jobs of a forward is TO BLOODY RUN once in a while, I'd sit him out.

Barring that, I certainly wouldn't devote a portion of every press conference praising him as our best player.

Your comment re the praising of Berba and Ruiz at every opportunity is in my opinion the cause of the apparent lack of morale at the moment. Yes they are talented but if i was Reither or Sidwell who work their socks off every game I would be generally p*ssed at the praise they get.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

leonffc

Quote from: farfouille on January 27, 2013, 07:43:29 AM

The only quick player with decent shooting that we have is Dejagah. Maybe we should try to play him upfront?

Schwarzer
Riether-H-H-Riise
Duff-Kara-Ruiz-Kaca
Berba
Dejagah

Dejagah? Up top? Decent shooting? Do you have any stats to back this ludicrous theory up?

alfie

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 27, 2013, 09:02:17 AM
Neither was up front yesterday as they are both players who want to play behind a striker.  We must start with Petric or Rodders with Berb behind and perhaps Ruiz on the wing.

Saying all the real problem is they do not look like a team and it does not matter what eleven Jol puts out if the are not motivated.

I know what you are saying but it just annoys me that a player has to be motivated to do his job, how can anyone say that experienced players like Hangeland/Hughes for example need to be motivated, they are just getting past it and it is not so easy anymore.

I do my job with pride and self satisfaction, i do not need anyone to sit me down and "motivate" me, i sometimes think that is just an excuse for bad play.

and before anyone has a go that is just my personal opinion.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

A Humble Man

Quote from: alfie on January 27, 2013, 11:13:06 AM

I know what you are saying but it just annoys me that a player has to be motivated to do his job, how can anyone say that experienced players like Hangeland/Hughes for example need to be motivated, they are just getting past it and it is not so easy anymore.

I do my job with pride and self satisfaction, i do not need anyone to sit me down and "motivate" me, i sometimes think that is just an excuse for bad play.

If your boss does not encourage you do you not get demotivated and do a poorer job?  The art of management is to know when to shout and when to put an arm around a shoulder.  Perhaps Jol does not understand this.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

alfie

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 27, 2013, 11:27:39 AM
Quote from: alfie on January 27, 2013, 11:13:06 AM

If your boss does not encourage you do you not get demotivated and do a poorer job?  The art of management is to know when to shout and when to put an arm around a shoulder.  Perhaps Jol does not understand this.

but who is to say he does not do that, none of us are on the training field or in the dressing room.
If they do not take any notice then to me that is an insult to the club and us supporters

To be honest no i don't get demotivated, i know if i am not up to standard and i try harder, i can understand a young player that has not been around too long may need a bit of a gee up, but experienced players should know, it just sounds like they sit in the dressing room and think "i am not going to play today unless i get motivated".

and then maybe you are correct and they do need to have someone to tell them how to defend or how to shoot or how pass etc.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

farfouille

Quote from: leonffc on January 27, 2013, 10:59:29 AM
Quote from: farfouille on January 27, 2013, 07:43:29 AM

Schwarzer
Riether-H-H-Riise
Duff-Kara-Ruiz-Kaca
Berba
Dejagah

Dejagah? Up top? Decent shooting? Do you have any stats to back this ludicrous theory up?

No stats. Just observations. I bet he's a better finisher than Dave. Then again, who isn't?...
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen