watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham fans spend money they often can't afford

Started by Bradstow, January 27, 2013, 01:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GaryB

"If it wasn't for Fayed we wouldn't be where we are now" is wearing a bit thin now. We need to buy and buy players who don't get to the ground by freedom pass. We looked second rate Saturday and I am not looking forward to 17:00 this Saturday......get real Fulham we HAVE to modernise.............and after today get Trotta back from Brentford

west kowloon white

Sad thread-fortuneatly some sensible response-can't be rude to anyone -again.

A Humble Man

They were talking on the radio about pay day loans, I had never heard of them but when I found our was incredulous that anyone would be that stupid to borrow to pay for thing they could not afford.  The only think I have ever borrowed money for was my house and paid that off as soon as I could.  This buy want you want not what you can afford culture is the cause of all our present problems.

If you want to buy a Fulham season ticket and cannot afford it, drink, smoke and gamble less, its easy.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

RaySmith

It is MAF's continuing support that got us into the Prem from the Third Division, and kept us here for over ten years. Most  League clubs would be very envious of us having MAF.

The cost of following top football in this country is a different matter. When I started going to Fulham it was cheap entertainment for the working-class, now it is comparabe to seeing your top rock star when he tours - except that will probably only once every year at the most - whereas you pay out to watch football at least  every other  week if you're an addicted suporter.

This says a lot about what is wrong with the English game - the way  money has  ruined footbal in many ways - and yet, the market takes it, and football continues its  world wide dominance, through Sky.

Anyway, back to Fulham. Yes, supporters pay out what they often find hard to afford these days (if they actually  can't  afford it at all, then they are forced to vote with their feet, and not go to games - and the game has lost a lot of its traditional supporters).

I myself have spent a fortune  on watching Fulham - and have been to so many away matches  to see a poor peformance, where we haven't picked up any points, that  outsiders would think i was mad.

Well, i am mad - i support Fulham, for good or ill - and  since I started it has mainly been  failure and lack of success - losing more often than winning, and that is going back to the days of Haynes, et al , when every season we were fighting relegation. Yet, every game  then,as now, I go hoping, and cheering, for a Fulham win.

I chose to support fulham, and still support them. Being rational, I suppose that one of the attractions of sport - what gives it its unique human drama - is that you can't predict the result - and this provides an emotional roller coaster, that takes us away from the ofen predicatable boredom of everyday life.

And I'm glad i support Fulham rather than Man U,because  when you do get success you really appreciate it. And this has been the most successful period of Fulham's history - and may it continue.

I know the team needs investment to not be relegated, but we have no idea of  the ins and outs of  fulham and MAF's finances, but should just be grateful for what MAF has done and continues to do for the club - and hope we can get some players in, that Jol needs to reinforce the squad and  keep us in the Prem , where we now feel we belong.

west kowloon white

Far too rational Ray-kindly get much more negative-remember Fayed's a tight sod,Jol's useless and upset the fans and players alike.
Get with it for gods sake.

Burt

epsomraver

:plus one: I am now in total agreement with Mr beamer and several times with Tony G , help are things that bad!!! :022:

epsomraver

Quote from: RaySmith on January 28, 2013, 08:11:44 AM
It is MAF's continuing support that got us into the Prem from the Third Division, and kept us here for over ten years. Most  League clubs would be very envious of us having MAF.

The cost of following top football in this country is a different matter. When I started going to Fulham it was cheap entertainment for the working-class, now it is comparabe to seeing your top rock star when he tours - except that will probably only once every year at the most - whereas you pay out to watch football at least  every other  week if you're an addicted suporter.

This says a lot about what is wrong with the English game - the way  money has  ruined footbal in many ways - and yet, the market takes it, and football continues its  world wide dominance, through Sky.

Anyway, back to Fulham. Yes, supporters pay out what they often find hard to afford these days (if they actually  can't  afford it at all, then they are forced to vote with their feet, and not go to games - and the game has lost a lot of its traditional supporters).

I myself have spent a fortune  on watching Fulham - and have been to so many away matches  to see a poor peformance, where we haven't picked up any points, that  outsiders would think i was mad.

Well, i am mad - i support Fulham, for good or ill - and  since I started it has mainly been  failure and lack of success - losing more often than winning, and that is going back to the days of Haynes, et al , when every season we were fighting relegation. Yet, every game  then,as now, I go hoping, and cheering, for a Fulham win.

I chose to support fulham, and still support them. Being rational, I suppose that one of the attractions of sport - what gives it its unique human drama - is that you can't predict the result - and this provides an emotional roller coaster, that takes us away from the ofen predicatable boredom of everyday life.

And I'm glad i support Fulham rather than Man U,because  when you do get success you really appreciate it. And this has been the most successful period of Fulham's history - and may it continue.

I know the team needs investment to not be relegated, but we have no idea of  the ins and outs of  fulham and MAF's finances, but should just be grateful for what MAF has done and continues to do for the club - and hope we can get some players in, that Jol needs to reinforce the squad and  keep us in the Prem , where we now feel we belong.

Very well put .

A Humble Man

OK next season all the Clubs will have a lot more TV money.  Do you want them to use it to reduce ticket prices or do you want them to keep us in or get us back in the Premier League by using it to buy players.

A rational argument is the law of supply and demand that says that price is what the market will accept, so as we sell out for most of our games the price is either at the right level or too low.
We Are Fulham, Believe.