watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham fans spend money they often can't afford

Started by Bradstow, January 27, 2013, 01:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bradstow

To watch FFC week in week out. Fayed, you seem intent to starve the Club of funds that are needed to improve the squad. If you are not willing to support FFC then go and go quickly and let someone take over who will. To those of you who will continue to genuflect before the historical image of Fayed saving us from oblivion let me say that was then. Now he is sitting on his billions and watching the squad gradually weaken. Players are simply stock - surely the former shop-keeper realises that you cannot keep reducing the stock and still manage to trade successfully.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

JBH

To critisise MAF when you don't actually know his policy about money for players is pathetic
without him we would not be where we are today.

He has always backed his managers so get off his back.

Nero

yea MAF next you'll be supporting financial fair play to save your millions we all know you want Fulham relagated by your actions in the past

Lets get Fernandes and 'arry in to bankrupt the club woo woo

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Bradstow on January 27, 2013, 01:55:46 AM
To watch FFC week in week out. Fayed, you seem intent to starve the Club of funds that are needed to improve the squad. If you are not willing to support FFC then go and go quickly and let someone take over who will. To those of you who will continue to genuflect before the historical image of Fayed saving us from oblivion let me say that was then. Now he is sitting on his billions and watching the squad gradually weaken. Players are simply stock - surely the former shop-keeper realises that you cannot keep reducing the stock and still manage to trade successfully.

I agree, there is a massive queue of billionaires, with only good intentions, fighting to bank roll a small club with a small  fanbase, and a small stadium with little opportunity for development. ..

Go now! and take the millions you have invested with you...

HatterDon

Interesting thread, isn't it? A slightly misguided initial post followed by three attacks on the initial poster.

What a lovely little pub this is.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: HatterDon on January 27, 2013, 10:58:48 PM
Interesting thread, isn't it? A slightly misguided initial post followed by three attacks on the initial poster.

What a lovely little pub this is.

"attack"?, I think you need a new dictionary. ..

ron

I would rather think of the three replies as vigorous debate rather than "attacks", HD

Scrumpy

I'm not sure that Bradstow will get much support on this board for his views, or throughout the broader fan base either.

Without MAF, we would be playing Brentford every season (at best) or be a block of flats by the river (at worse). For me, he has done so much good over the last dozen years or so, that he could build a statue to Michael Jackson on every corner, change our kit to pink and call the stadium Al Fayed Towers before I would criticise him in any way.

So maybe I'm 'genuflecting' (?), but he has been one of the best Chairman that I can think of over the entire history of English football. So forgive me if I disagree with you.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: Scrumpy on January 27, 2013, 11:16:29 PM
I'm not sure that Bradstow will get much support on this board for his views, or throughout the broader fan base either.

Without MAF, we would be playing Brentford every season (at best) or be a block of flats by the river (at worse). For me, he has done so much good over the last dozen years or so, that he could build a statue to Michael Jackson on every corner, change our kit to pink and call the stadium Al Fayed Towers before I would criticise him in any way.

So maybe I'm 'genuflecting' (?), but he has been one of the best Chairman that I can think of over the entire history of English football. So forgive me if I disagree with you.

on the bright side we may be playing Brentford next season..... and probably QPR!

RidgeRider

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 27, 2013, 11:21:30 PM

on the bright side we may be playing Brentford next season..... and probably QPR!

agreed.....I am starting to wonder who will be managing us in the Championship next season.

HatterDon

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 27, 2013, 11:28:58 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 27, 2013, 11:21:30 PM

agreed.....I am starting to wonder who will be managing us in the Championship next season.

I'm starting to wonder which players will be trashed by Fulham posters next summer as "not Championship quality."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ffcbulgaria

Truth is unless you go to most away games that you probably spend more on beers and snacks before/after games than you pay for a season ticket.

I know its a part of the experience but if you really think what exactly a regular supporter has to pay to watch us at Craven Cottage - well it isn't really that much. And that compared to the average salary in the UK cost isn't really terrible.

Now leave MAF alone and re-think your match day habbits?

PS: I guess solo travelling supporters living out of London are in another special group which do not exactly fit in my calculations!

Lighthouse

Well let's see what the original poster ACTUALLY said in his post. If Big Al no longer can put his dosh into Fulham and is intent on starving the club he should go. Now we know there are few people willing to do that AND we know Al Fayed is the man who saved and rebuilt Fulham into the Prem side for thirteen or fourteen seasons we have become. Nobody can take that away.

However the original posters frustration is not so shocking. But as usual the debate consists of let's spend millions and destroy the club. Which nobody has ever said. Or we don't know what plan Al Fayed has been advised to adopt.

What we DO know is a club on the verge of even better things last season has been starved of money for players and has plans to rebuild a stand and are playing the worst football for many a year. Devoid of heart and devoid of tactics.

So I understand the frustration and frankly if by Thursday Morning we are having the same conversation as we have had over the last sixteen odd games but without the hope of anybody coming that can help our season. Well that frustration will be even more understandable. We will be a very well run club struggling to stay in the Championship by this time next season. Madness some would say. Trouble is it is looking saner by the game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I know of no one interested in buying this club from MAF and I very much doubt that anyone can name such an investor...

Lighthouse

And we know of no manager who would turn up to manage such a club as ours at the moment. But that doesn't stop the frustration shown. Too many fans seem happy to fiddle while Fulham fall.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 28, 2013, 12:00:13 AM
And we know of no manager who would turn up to manage such a club as ours at the moment. But that doesn't stop the frustration shown. Too many fans seem happy to fiddle while Fulham fall.

Loads of managers would come to Fulham as they did to QPR and Blackburn even though they knew it was going to end in tears (and a pay off).

Peabody

Our friend from Australia, Bradstow has been repeating his criticism of Mo for some years now and is using our present predicament to  further vent his bigotry against a man who, barring a few errors, must rank as our best Chairman. Oh yes, when it comes to fiddling while Fulham falls, I do not own a violin!

Terry Angus

we've had some conceited players and useless managers over the years and even amongst our own fans there are a few divs, but we really can't fault the two chairmen we've had over the last 20-30 yrs. in the remaining 2 corners of the ground we should erect a statue of each of them

...but perhaps take down the jacko statue if/when al fayed leaves!