watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Pass and move?

Started by Herbie, January 27, 2013, 09:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herbie

Hopefully I'm seen as one of the optimists on this board, but I must say that yesterday was close to pushing me over the edge.  It looked like a training match.  There was hardly any urgency to get forward and get behind their back line.  We were more content to try to retain possession.

The thing that worries me is that for all the skill that we have in the team, there is very little direct creativity.  There is very little movement off the ball meaning that the person on the ball has few options, normally ending up looking back to retain possession.  We played at such a pedestrian pace that I doubt the Man U kit man will need to wash the kits of the defenders or goalie.

The solution?  To be honest, I'm not sure it's as simple as fixing one element.  We are definitely in a rut and this is the time that Jol should earn the wage that he is paid.  I'm still not calling for Jol's head, but the time is now for him to prove his doubters wrong. 

TonyGilroy

What are the reasons for there being no movement off the ball?

The players can't be bothered, they are under instructions not to move or, my favourite, there are no team plans and no one has any idea where they're supposed to move to.

Jol out. Now.

Roberty

Quote from: TonyGilroy on January 27, 2013, 09:14:02 AM

What are the reasons for there being no movement off the ball?

The players can't be bothered, they are under instructions not to move or, my favourite, there are no team plans and no one has any idea where they're supposed to move to.

Jol out. Now.

You forgot to mention the booing from the home end!
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Herbie

Has berba been bigged up to be the main attacking force and so the players think that all they need to do is keep calm and pass Berba the ball and he will do the rest. If so, it isn't working.