Main Menu

Trotta

Started by Meerkat, January 27, 2013, 01:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EJL

Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 27, 2013, 07:41:44 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on January 27, 2013, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 27, 2013, 02:40:32 PM
I don't think you can call Trotta not good enough until you actually give him a chance to play in the first team, even it were to be just as a late substitute. The difference being with Kasami is that he's had his chance and blown it.
And the last time Kasami played was when?
Against Chelsea in the Carling Cup, had a great game by all accounts, had the bottle to take a penalty (and missed) and ever since then Jol "I will be Avenged" has never picked him.
The difference being Kasami has had a chance to succeed, I've seen him play quite a few times and he's never looked up to it/dare I say overweight. To further the point he's always on the bench and never gets on, I don't believe its a case of Jol having a vendetta that's silly in my opinion he's probably just not good enough for this level.
Kasami overweight? No wayyyy

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 27, 2013, 07:48:02 PM
Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 27, 2013, 07:41:44 PM
Quote from: sunburywhite on January 27, 2013, 06:43:07 PM
Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 27, 2013, 02:40:32 PM
I don't think you can call Trotta not good enough until you actually give him a chance to play in the first team, even it were to be just as a late substitute. The difference being with Kasami is that he's had his chance and blown it.
And the last time Kasami played was when?
Against Chelsea in the Carling Cup, had a great game by all accounts, had the bottle to take a penalty (and missed) and ever since then Jol "I will be Avenged" has never picked him.
The difference being Kasami has had a chance to succeed, I've seen him play quite a few times and he's never looked up to it/dare I say overweight. To further the point he's always on the bench and never gets on, I don't believe its a case of Jol having a vendetta that's silly in my opinion he's probably just not good enough for this level.

The fact that he's constantly on the bench actually suggests to me that Jol does want to give him game time, but doesn't quite trust him to bring him on in difficult situations. We haven't been comfortably winning again since maybe West Brom early in the season which was the last time he came off the subs bench isn't it?
Or the fact that there's very little else in terms of options in midfield, thus meaning that Kasami is always on the bench by default. And if you're right in saying that Jol only likes to bring on Kasami when we're winning then that also means he's just a champaign player and a poor one at that.
Foolish ham

Enter the Frei

I agree with you on both accounts there. As much as I wish Kasami was good enough to start in our midfield I have faith in our management that if he was good enough he'd be starting.