watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trotta

Started by Meerkat, January 27, 2013, 01:25:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meerkat

Scored for Brentford against Chelsea, what's he doing there we need him back at fulham someone that can score goals and a youngster.  :49:

JackyFulham90

Atleast he would stay in the box and play upfront

ffc73

No Jacky he would be left to rot on the bench and occasionally get to play for the u21s

sunburywhite

Quote from: FFC73 on January 27, 2013, 01:43:44 PM
No Jacky he would be left to rot on the bench and occasionally get to play for the u21s

Too true - ask Kasami
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

EJL

He's better off staying where he is and actually getting some game time.

A few of you have changed your tune re Trotta.

alfie

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 27, 2013, 01:53:12 PM
Quote from: FFC73 on January 27, 2013, 01:43:44 PM

Too true - ask Kasami

Why do you think Kasami is not playing, maybe just not good enough?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Enter the Frei

Doesn't look anything special playing at Brentford, can't see why he would start for us even with how badly we've been playing. He's best off were he is for the remainder of the season.

Mr K.Dilkington

I don't think you can call Trotta not good enough until you actually give him a chance to play in the first team, even it were to be just as a late substitute. The difference being with Kasami is that he's had his chance and blown it.
Foolish ham

Enter the Frei

Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 27, 2013, 02:40:32 PM
I don't think you can call Trotta not good enough until you actually give him a chance to play in the first team, even it were to be just as a late substitute. The difference being with Kasami is that he's had his chance and blown it.

Trotta came on a couple of times a season back I think. This Brentford loan is his opportunity to prove himself and earn a start and to be honest he's not showing enough for us to recall him and start him over what we already have.

HatterDon

Quote from: Enter the Frei on January 27, 2013, 03:55:40 PM

Trotta came on a couple of times a season back I think. This Brentford loan is his opportunity to prove himself and earn a start and to be honest he's not showing enough for us to recall him and start him over what we already have.

I don't know how you classify his performance at Brentford as "not good enough." He's getting goals. He's getting assists. And today he hid what no Fulham striker has done in a very long time -- score against a Premier League side.

I do agree with those who say that if we did recall him, he'd just sit on the bench and watch Berbatov walk around for 90 minutes.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

TheDon

Trotta actually shoots at goal, i forgot we were allowed to do that.

A Humble Man

A lot of the other Brentford players looked better than Trotta so draw your own conclusion of his readiness for Premier League football.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

cmg

An interesting case, Trotta.

He was a goal-machine at junior level and this (perhaps the most valuable asset a player can have) marked him out for future success. Because of this Fulham seem to have taken good care of him, despite the fact that he has often looked deficient in other skills. His first touch was often poor and sometimes seemed clumsy and a bit clueless.
He scored 8 in 8 at Wycombe, continued scoring when he came back here, but has been much less prolific at Brentford.
From the sixtynine minutes I saw of him today, I'd say his touch has improved, he looks big and troublesome, his hold-up play was quite effective and he took his goal well.

I'd say of our recent strikers (I use the term loosely) he reminds me a bit of Zamora. Zamora scored 30 a season in Div2, but was never a prodigious scorer in the top flight, although, as we know, he was capable, when fit and mentally in tune, of doing an excellent job.

Do we, at this moment, need a player of this type? It would be a considerable change of emphasis. More to the point, do we currently have the players able to provide the service that such a player needs? Which leads us back to the MF problem.

A Humble Man

If he could stay fit and get a run in the team Petric could score a lot of goals.  I do not think Rodders will ever become prolific so convert him to a winger and buy another striker.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Mr K.Dilkington

I believe he's only been on the Fulham bench once before, because I saw him come on against Bolton last year when we won 3-0 away, and the fact that his mother and grandmother were sitting behind me suggests that indeed was his first appearance in the first team. Im not completely convinced with Petric at the moment so I believe Trotta should be given at least a place on the bench to prove himself, like I said before how can we say he's not good enough if we haven't seen him being given a chance.
Foolish ham

sunburywhite

And the last time Kasami played was when?
Against Chelsea in the Carling Cup, had a great game by all accounts, had the bottle to take a penalty (and missed) and ever since then Jol "I will be Avenged" has never picked him.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

SKSW6

Quote from: sunburywhite on January 27, 2013, 06:43:07 PM

Against Chelsea in the Carling Cup, had a great game by all accounts, had the bottle to take a penalty (and missed) and ever since then Jol "I will be Avenged" has never picked him.

He came on against Spurs last game of last season, and I'm sure he's been a sub since then too. But don't let that get in the way of your expert ITK knowledge on why he hasn't been picked since, or has, as is the case.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: HatterDon on January 27, 2013, 04:01:31 PM

I don't know how you classify his performance at Brentford as "not good enough." He's getting goals. He's getting assists. And today he hid what no Fulham striker has done in a very long time -- score against a Premier League side.

I do agree with those who say that if we did recall him, he'd just sit on the bench and watch Berbatov walk around for 90 minutes.

He's been decent but nothing special at all. Been speaking to Brentford fans about him because I want him to succeed and I've watched 3 or 4 games of him, but he's not standing out at all. At the moment he looks an above average player at league one level and that's the truth.

The guy that mentioned that the Bolton game was his only appearance I think your right actually.

Mr K.Dilkington

The difference being Kasami has had a chance to succeed, I've seen him play quite a few times and he's never looked up to it/dare I say overweight. To further the point he's always on the bench and never gets on, I don't believe its a case of Jol having a vendetta that's silly in my opinion he's probably just not good enough for this level.
Foolish ham

Enter the Frei

Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 27, 2013, 07:41:44 PM
The difference being Kasami has had a chance to succeed, I've seen him play quite a few times and he's never looked up to it/dare I say overweight. To further the point he's always on the bench and never gets on, I don't believe its a case of Jol having a vendetta that's silly in my opinion he's probably just not good enough for this level.

The fact that he's constantly on the bench actually suggests to me that Jol does want to give him game time, but doesn't quite trust him to bring him on in difficult situations. We haven't been comfortably winning again since maybe West Brom early in the season which was the last time he came off the subs bench isn't it?