A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player of the season

Started by The_Great_Escape_2008, April 25, 2010, 12:55:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who has been our player of the season so far?

Bobby Zamora
13 (65%)
Damian Duff
0 (0%)
Zoltan Gera
4 (20%)
Aaron Hughes
2 (10%)
Mark Schwarzer
1 (5%)
Chris Baird
0 (0%)
Brede Hangeland
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

The_Great_Escape_2008

It's a difficult one but in my opinion it's between Zamora, Duff and Hughes.

Tktd

For me it's Zamora this year and probably Hughes or Duff next year.

Zamora has done amazingly well this season and the way he's done it against the teams he's done it against , and where he's come from last season gives him two thumbs up from me, he thoroughly deserves it and I hope to see him here next season doing more of the same!

Duff and Hughes have done exceptionally well, the team has, but next season I can imagine, if Duff has another season like this, or improves on it, as I'm sure he can then you wouldn't put it past him, I'd have him or Hughes who for me is "mr consistancy" for me get it next year! Hughes has to win it though one year because his contribution to us is phenomenal. You pay attention to him in a match and the amount of times he's in the right place, covering up other defenders mistakes or making last ditch tackles or just generally keeping strikers at bay is ridiculous!

Anyway my two cents for what it's worth! :)

epsomraver

For consistently good performances in all games  it has to be Gera, Hughes /duff  close second third.

VicHalomsLovechild

I'm a big Aaron Hughes fan and for me he has been so reliable this season as well as last. If we lost him our defence would fall apart.
That said Without BZ we wouldn't be where we are now. Not only safe in the Prem but a great FA cup run and one game away from a European Final.
So BZ gets my vote.

HatterDon

Without a doubt: Eddie Johnson

Naw; just fekkin' with yez. Here's HatterDon's end of season awards

1. MVP -- Bobby Zamora -- we're not where we are this season without him, and I hope to see him in South Africa. It'll be my England shirt purchase.

2. Phoenix Award [player who rises from the ashes of derision] -- Zoltan Gera -- once he found his most appropriate position, he's become massive for us.

3. Continuing Fulham Savior Award [a multi-season award] -- Brede Hangeland -- his arrival a season and a half ago stopped us from being every big/strong center forward's bitches. Remember Yakubu and Adebayor turning us over in the air? Who's kicking whose butt now in our penalty area.

4. Sir Roy Award [the performance that most embodies team-first play in the Hodgson Era] -- Aaron Hughes

5. Moritz Volz Award [you need me where, gaffer? I'm on it] -- Chris Baird

6. Cool Hand Luke Award [for deadly calm under pressure] -- Danny Murphy v. Man United; Clint Dempsey v. Juve

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Nobody remembers the keeper...

BUT with relatively few goals scored, keeping clean sheets is all important

cebu

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on April 25, 2010, 05:02:32 PM
Nobody remembers the keeper...

BUT with relatively few goals scored, keeping clean sheets is all important
Well, Schwarzer did win it last season, so he wasn't overlooked.

Tom

Hands down Bobby Z! Before Dempsey got hurt he was up for it as well. Gera most improved this year.
Fulham for life!