watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Current Situation

Started by M i c K Y x FFC, January 27, 2013, 05:03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M i c K Y x FFC

Without being too negative, and just trying to cause an argument, I am very concerned about what is happening at the club at the moment. We are playing our worst football ever in the Premier League, yes, even worse than the Sanchez era, and its been going on for months. We have got a crucial game on Wednesday, and anything other than 3 points means that I think Jol will be on his last life. We have got a very tough away run of games, expecting next to no points for the rest of the season, but we do have WHU, QPR and Reading, in which we need to get full points, otherwise I can see us going down. Its a sad thing to say, but it will be between FFC, AVFC, Reading and QPR for the drop, as I reckon Southampton and Wigan will stay up.

We clearly have no budget this window, and I know it can't be avoided, but the football we are playing at the moment is simply not good enough. I feel we need to drop Berbatov, as at the moment, he is a complete waste of space. No effort or aggression. Anyone who goes to the Home games can see that he doesn't even warm up with the team, he just does keepy uppies. We need a massive clear out, as the amount players I would accept happily in the squad next year is 15:

Stockdale; Etheridge; Riether; Hangeland; Richardson; Briggs; Dejagah; Sidwell; Karagounis; Frei; Kacaniklic; Ruiz; Petric; Rodallega; Trotta. (Possibly: Hughes; Duff; Berbatov)

Our best 2 players this year have been Riether and Karagounis, and they might not even be here next year. I am trying to think of positives, but it is very hard at the moment. I just want to see some passion and drive on the pitch, I don't care about the result. Lets hope our season gets kickstarted against WHU on Wednesday, and we start playing like we know we can do. I am not a full Jol Out man, but I am getting very close to it, if we don't start to improve our football and attitude.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

I am unhappy with the currant situation and are glad you are raisin it...

JackyFulham90

Results are concerning as are Berbatovs performances, but please remember we lost at City & Utd, before that we took 4 points from West Brom & Wigan

Logicalman

Great first post, M i c K Y x FFC, and welcome to the board.

You put things into perspective very well, and you find most on here will agree your sentiments - perhaps the drop berbie might raise a few eyebrows, though there are a lot that will agree with that statement also, judging by recent threads in this place.

Again, welcome to the MB, and please don't be a stranger.

Forever Fulham

You want to keep Ruiz but get rid of Berbatov?  Why?  Which one has been more effective for us this season?  We once had a pretty formidable back line--with Hughes and Hangeland solid next to each other.  We were always patching up one fullback position, but, still, it worked.  There's a theory floating about that the defense is under seige from the poor midfield product on the field, and forwards who play too deep to buy recovery time for the backs.  It's like we have a bunker mentality.  

Logicalman

If I had to choose between them, I would choose Ruiz, simply for the fact that he still appears hungry.

I appreciate Berbie is a star talent, and is an attraction for us, but in recent games he appears to strut around the pitch as though he is the only player of any worth out there. Against Utd he lost the ball and made more poor passes than I have seen in the past, and still didn't put a full days work in, unlike Ruiz or almost the rest of the team.

Basically he is a luxury for us, and unless he can provide his worth, then having him in the side pays us nothing in return, and that is less than, say, having Kac or Senderos on the pitch. He is proving more of a distraction to other players than the striker that Jol believes he is (which he isn't anyways).

BestOfBrede

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on January 27, 2013, 05:03:34 PM
Without being too negative, and just trying to cause an argument, I am very concerned about what is happening at the club at the moment. We are playing our worst football ever in the Premier League, yes, even worse than the Sanchez era, and its been going on for months. We have got a crucial game on Wednesday, and anything other than 3 points means that I think Jol will be on his last life. We have got a very tough away run of games, expecting next to no points for the rest of the season, but we do have WHU, QPR and Reading, in which we need to get full points, otherwise I can see us going down. Its a sad thing to say, but it will be between FFC, AVFC, Reading and QPR for the drop, as I reckon Southampton and Wigan will stay up.

We clearly have no budget this window, and I know it can't be avoided, but the football we are playing at the moment is simply not good enough. I feel we need to drop Berbatov, as at the moment, he is a complete waste of space. No effort or aggression. Anyone who goes to the Home games can see that he doesn't even warm up with the team, he just does keepy uppies. We need a massive clear out, as the amount players I would accept happily in the squad next year is 15:

Stockdale; Etheridge; Riether; Hangeland; Richardson; Briggs; Dejagah; Sidwell; Karagounis; Frei; Kacaniklic; Ruiz; Petric; Rodallega; Trotta.

Our best 2 players this year have been Riether and Karagounis, and they might not even be here next year. I am trying to think of positives, but it is very hard at the moment. I just want to see some passion and drive on the pitch, I don't care about the result. Lets hope our season gets kickstarted against WHU on Wednesday, and we start playing like we know we can do. I am not a full Jol Out man, but I am getting very close to it, if we don't start to improve our football and attitude.
Welcome.
Can I ask why you pick Southampton and Wigan to stay up but put us down there with QPR Reading?

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: BestOfBrede on January 27, 2013, 09:19:53 PM

Stockdale; Etheridge; Riether; Hangeland; Richardson; Briggs; Dejagah; Sidwell; Karagounis; Frei; Kacaniklic; Ruiz; Petric; Rodallega; Trotta.

Welcome.
Can I ask why you pick Southampton and Wigan to stay up but put us down there with QPR Reading?

Wigan because they always seem to do it, and Southampton because I just think they will stay up. Neither of them are out of it, but you never know.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: Forever Fulham on January 27, 2013, 08:45:50 PM
You want to keep Ruiz but get rid of Berbatov?  Why?  Which one has been more effective for us this season?  We once had a pretty formidable back line--with Hughes and Hangeland solid next to each other.  We were always patching up one fullback position, but, still, it worked.  There's a theory floating about that the defense is under seige from the poor midfield product on the field, and forwards who play too deep to buy recovery time for the backs.  It's like we have a bunker mentality.  

Berbatov must think we are Man Utd, as he plays like he's got lots of talented players around him. For him to work at us, he needs to put a lot more effort in. I would love to keep him, but I think a striker who wants to play as a team is better than a more talented one who doesn't. And concerning the defence, it does need to be sorted, we've concede a lot of goals, without scoring. If were honest, its the whole pitch that needs to be sorted, not necessarily changed, but sorted.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: Logicalman on January 27, 2013, 08:56:00 PM
If I had to choose between them, I would choose Ruiz, simply for the fact that he still appears hungry.

I appreciate Berbie is a star talent, and is an attraction for us, but in recent games he appears to strut around the pitch as though he is the only player of any worth out there. Against Utd he lost the ball and made more poor passes than I have seen in the past, and still didn't put a full days work in, unlike Ruiz or almost the rest of the team.

Basically he is a luxury for us, and unless he can provide his worth, then having him in the side pays us nothing in return, and that is less than, say, having Kac or Senderos on the pitch. He is proving more of a distraction to other players than the striker that Jol believes he is (which he isn't anyways).

He is a player who'd I believe would never play for a small club like us, and I'm delighted he does, but he does need to stop moaning at other players, and start helping them. No players at the club can teach him, but he can teach them. He has one of the best touches in the world, and I believe that's Kaca's week point, so hopefully, things will change, and it will work.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: Logicalman on January 27, 2013, 08:43:41 PM
Great first post, M i c K Y x FFC, and welcome to the board.

You put things into perspective very well, and you find most on here will agree your sentiments - perhaps the drop berbie might raise a few eyebrows, though there are a lot that will agree with that statement also, judging by recent threads in this place.

Again, welcome to the MB, and please don't be a stranger.

Cheers for the welcoming. Concerning Berbatov, I don't want to drop him, he is a class act, but at a club like us, you need to be a team player, and atm he isn't. If he tries at being a team player, instead of moaning at the team, he will improve, and the whole team will.

Mr K.Dilkington

I'm sorry but I don't think the football we're playing at the moment is as bad as the football under Sanchez. Does anybody remember the draw at home to Derby? where it ended 0-0 I believe, nothing compares to how bad that was.
Foolish ham

Herbie

No Hughes or Duff? I still think they are worthy of a place in the squad.  

I've not been convinced by Dejagah yet.  I don't feel like he's going to be a game-changer.

I wonder if we will ever see Simon Davies again?  I hope so, I will always hold a little soft spot for him because of his goals in the Europa League run.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 27, 2013, 08:34:10 PM
Results are concerning as are Berbatovs performances, but please remember we lost at City & Utd, before that we took 4 points from West Brom & Wigan

I not concerned with the results, I would of taken 4 points against W&W, and I expected 2 defeats against the Mancs, but its the overall performance that is concerning. WBA was a great results, with good football being player, but look what happened a week later.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: Herbie on January 27, 2013, 09:34:56 PM

No Hughes or Duff? I still think they are worthy of a place in the squad. 

I've not been convinced by Dejagah yet.  I don't feel like he's going to be a game-changer.

I wonder if we will ever see Simon Davies again?  I hope so, I will always hold a little soft spot for him because of his goals in the Europa League run.

Hughes possibly, but Duff has shown his age recently. If he is prepared to play a more bit part player, I would keep him on. I believe Dejagah and Riether works better than Duff and Riether, purely based on performances.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: FFC to the Max on January 27, 2013, 09:34:34 PM
I'm sorry but I don't think the football we're playing at the moment is as bad as the football under Sanchez. Does anybody remember the draw at home to Derby? where it ended 0-0 I believe, nothing compares to how bad that was.

Its the football and lack of aggression. Drawing to Wigan at home probably is on par with the Derby game, purely because of the overall performance, and the fact its mid season Wigan. Overall, we are not far off the Sanchez football, but the way we're going at the moment, we are getting closer to it.

Herbie

We might be in a rut right now, granted, but it's still better than the Sanchez era ever was.  We had a lucky escape.

M i c K Y x FFC

Quote from: Herbie on January 27, 2013, 09:56:12 PM
We might be in a rut right now, granted, but it's still better than the Sanchez era ever was.  We had a lucky escape.

I hope your right, we left it till the last 10 minutes that season. Don't want it happening this season.

HatterDon

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on January 27, 2013, 05:10:49 PM
I am unhappy with the currant situation and are glad you are raisin it...

Ostrich Watch to the life.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

west kowloon white

Welcome-you can't be too negative for this board.