more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Am I alone in this?

Started by HatterDon, January 27, 2013, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gozorich

Quote from: jarv on January 28, 2013, 02:06:08 PM
You are not alone. I was unhappy about his appointment and am more unhappy now. The writing was on the wall back in the games v. Sunderland, Southampton and reading. Warning bells should have been ringing all over the club.

The loss of the 2 dems has something to do with it, but only a small piece. They wouldn't save us now. In my opinion, the loss of Murphy was more important. Leadership is what is clearly missing, on and off the pitch.

Spot on with regards to the leadership issue. We had Murphy cajoling, moaning and geeing people up. We now have a captain who says nothing and an arrogant tosser who only speaks to criticise the nearest person to him when he makes a mistake.
Off the field Jol looks more and more like someone who is struggling to keep control.

NogoodBoyo

I vont to be alone.
Nogood "following Fulham at the moment is like being stuck in a grinder with no water wings on, isit" Boyo

BarryP

I have expressed elsewhere for months on end that the squad has three problems.

1. A lack of quality depth in the central midfield. For me this is MacIntosh's issue to resolve.
2. A lack of passion on the pitch. For me this falls squarely in Jol's department.
3. A lack of leadership on the pitch.  For me this falls both on Brede's shoulders and Jol's to some extent if his hands are not tied.  I know Fulham want to sign Brede to an extension and stripping him of the captaincy would probably not help matters but someone in the dressing room needs to be willing to step on some overly infalated egos when players are not producing. I am don't think for one moment that Murphy would have stood for Berbatov's lazy play on the pitch and I do think that all of the players would have stood with him.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Forever Fulham

Like the rest of you, I'm feeling the pain too.  But I don't believe a change in managers this late into the season is the answer.  We have to hold on and hope we can gel, gut out a few good results and hope that the parity of mediocrity we are seeing from teams below us will continue just a little bit longer, enough to keep us out of the drop zone.  I don't like Jol, but I feel we're stuck with him  until at least the end of the season.  Agree?

e4b

Totally agree with Bert .I too supported Jol but am starting to get worried now.At the begining of the season we played some brilliant football now we seem to lack urgency commitment and desire.

Bracken White

Never been a Jol out advocate, notwithstanding the dross of the last two months. If the worst was to happen, however, believe Kit Symons as a caretaker wouldn't be a bad idea.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

BillNRoc

To me, the tipping point was the tv commentary on Saturday. When announcers stop just short of ridicule, when they say our side doesn't look to belong in the same division as the opponent, when they say "poor going forward, poor on defense, what can be done," you've gone round the bend for sure.

Since there's no way to replace all the players, the obvious step is to fire the manager. Sometimes it works, often not. But there are no other options I can see; we've been playing too poorly for too long to imagine Jol can pull a rabbit out of his hat with this group.

Of course, we might stay up with 33-35 points this year, since there are so many rubbish teams around and below us. But nothing we've seen lately should inspire confidence about this.

filham

Quote from: Boggers on January 28, 2013, 10:12:04 AM
Stability is the key for success at any club, and so up til now I have very much been 'Jol in'. But it's clear that he's lost the dressing room and if we lose on Wednesday he has to go. If he does go, I have no idea who we will get - hopefully a Hodgson-esque appointment out of nowhere.

I also believe it was Berbatov that Jol's undoing. Such a shame because it could have worked so well.
I have also been hoping that Jol would produce results as we realy need a period of stability that allows the team to develop.
Berbatov and Ruiz have ,so far, failed Jol and as these were his two big buys we have to say that it looks as if he has not purchased the right type of player.

The loss of Dempsey and Dembele was a cruel blow but Jol has had a chance in this window to compensate for that and we are all expecting a couple of good signings in the next three days that will improve the team.

A glance at our fixture list will show that we have realy tough games ahead and that we are in a relegation battle.

Sensibly we now have to give new players a little time to bed in but regretably there isn't time for that. If we havn't improved in the next two or three matches then we have to gamble on bringing Murphy back as manager to lead a second great escape.

timmyg

Quote from: HatterDon on January 27, 2013, 11:36:06 PM
After the Liverpool away match, I told my mate Matt that the last time I'd seen such a dispirited display by a Fulham side was the Newcastle United home match that finally got Sanchez fired. He told me that it was even worse at QPR the week before.

Since that time, I have seen display after display in that same vein. The lifeless, listless, directionless performances seem never to end. Is it only me that thinks that we're playing worse under Jol than we did under Sanchez -- even though our squad is much more talented than his was?

And, if it isn't only me, how many "Sanchez's last match" performances are we going to see before Jol is booted?

Er, does no recall last year's entire Europa League campaign? Or the start to last season? Or that United home game? Or away to Everton in both the league and cup? Or that time we lost to relegated 10-man Blackburn, when Frei got subbed in...and then out?

Oh, right, guess we all forgot considering our great table finish, and win at Liverpool, et al.

This moody, periodically ineffectual approach comes with the manager's system. For me it's really no different than our away approach under Roy. Though this can be improved with a bit of leadership and reduction of our star players antics.

As the late Earl Weaver said: "you're never as good as you look when you win or as bad as you look when you lose"
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Jags

3 wins in 18 games & I'm surprised that people are still saying Jol is the right man for the job. I think we've been very very patient with him & the team considering that in most of the games we haven't deserved anything due to the performances being even poorer than the results.

I just don't want to go through another 4 months of this & okay people will comment on who we can get in & how the transfer window will be closed but there is definitely something going on between Jol & the players & their whole outlook of tactics etc. Hangeland's form has got so bad that at times I feel that Zat Knight is back with us.

ron

Quote from: timmyg on January 28, 2013, 05:32:32 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 27, 2013, 11:36:06 PM
After the Liverpool away match, I told my mate Matt that the last time I'd seen such a dispirited display by a Fulham side was the Newcastle United home match that finally got Sanchez fired. He told me that it was even worse at QPR the week before.

Since that time, I have seen display after display in that same vein. The lifeless, listless, directionless performances seem never to end. Is it only me that thinks that we're playing worse under Jol than we did under Sanchez -- even though our squad is much more talented than his was?

And, if it isn't only me, how many "Sanchez's last match" performances are we going to see before Jol is booted?

Er, does no recall last year's entire Europa League campaign? Or the start to last season? Or that United home game? Or away to Everton in both the league and cup? Or that time we lost to relegated 10-man Blackburn, when Frei got subbed in...and then out?

Oh, right, guess we all forgot considering our great table finish, and win at Liverpool, et al.

This moody, periodically ineffectual approach comes with the manager's system. For me it's really no different than our away approach under Roy. Though this can be improved with a bit of leadership and reduction of our star players antics.

As the late Earl Weaver said: "you're never as good as you look when you win or as bad as you look when you lose"

Noticing Earl Weaver mentioned there prompted me to do a bit of research, seeing as I'd never heard the name before. Quite a guy apparently.......I liked this story during his time as the Baltimore Orioles coach..

"He was well known for the humor that often accompanied his ejections. During one particular tirade with an umpire, Weaver headed to the dugout screaming, "I'm going to check the rule-book on that" to which the umpire replied, "Here, use mine." Weaver shot back, "That's no good - I can't read Braille..."

..equally appropriate for some of our refs over here !

Berserker

Ah but there would be more than one in it, so can't be about that
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Clearly,  you are on you own kid   064.gif