more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop Knocking Jol And Get After The Real Culprits

Started by Toshes Fag Packet, January 28, 2013, 09:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twang

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 28, 2013, 09:32:58 PM
We have a good squad who are playing badly because of the system the manager has imposed on them.  So it is only Martin Jol you can blame.

I'm not trying to take the blame away from Jol, but do we really have such a strong squad nowadays? I'm not so sure.

Berserker

If we were lizards we could be on the wall, problem is Motspur Park would have to be another country or heated differently to suit our environmental needs. By the way I'd prefer to be a green one
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: twang on January 28, 2013, 11:03:32 PM
I'm not trying to take the blame away from Jol, but do we really have such a strong squad nowadays? I'm not so sure.

It's an OK one, but one that doesn't suit his playing style.  If you're gonna bring in a coach who has a defined playing style, which is different to your current one, or at least to a large number of the squad then you have to provide him with he funds to bring the right players in.  That doesn't seem to have happened fully.  If you don't then it's gonna end badly.

Riversider

Shame on all the people associated with this thread !
Our fans don't deserve a Chairman like Al Fayed  :046:

ElissonSnygg

This thread makes me sad, shame on you. Mo Al Fayed is a legend.
Official board member of the Swedish Supporter Club - FFC Sweden.

Twitter: @ElissonSnygg

Rupert

Quote from: Riversider on January 29, 2013, 04:04:31 PM
Shame on all the people associated with this thread !
Our fans don't deserve a Chairman like Al Fayed  :046:

Why, are the lizards getting worried about us discussing them?
Did they make you post that as a result?

Have you all noticed how, whenever one of us makes a lizard-related post, somebody tries to divert us back onto knocking Chairman Mo or Ally Mac.

Those lizards really are all powerful, aren't they?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Burt

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 28, 2013, 07:00:33 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 28, 2013, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 28, 2013, 06:23:49 PM
Is money a motivation?

When a footballer signs a contract, they know they're going to get paid x amount of money regardless of their performance. Personally, I am motivated by a good working environment rather than money itself.

quote from tonights standard by our very own ex Dembele

"we were not motivated enough"

i would have thought that Spurs have a good working environment.

I imagine they do but I do not believe money is motivation for performance. It is a motivation to move clubs but ultimately, it is down to the manager to motivate the players like it is in most high pressure working environments.

Call me old fashioned, but whatever happened to the notion of someone doing what they are paid to do with pride and professionalism?

And money does come in to it, in the sense that if someone is being paid a shed load of cash for kicking a ball around and mucking around on a Playstation in their spare time then you expect to see a quality end product. If there isn't any then they don't deserve the money they are getting.

Sure, a manager's job is to lead and motivatate, but there has to be a degree of self motivation, professionalism etc. from those being managed.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: twang on January 28, 2013, 11:03:32 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on January 28, 2013, 09:32:58 PM
We have a good squad who are playing badly because of the system the manager has imposed on them.  So it is only Martin Jol you can blame.

Me neither. Schwarzer is past his past, Hughes whilst great positionally is pretty weak and easily outmuscled, Hangeland is not focused, we don't have a settled left back, we don't have a holding midfielder and are relying on someone who's played very little football over the past few years along with a guy whose played very little football over the past few months (Frimpong and Diarra), we are relying on a 35 year old to provide creativity in central midfield.
Up front we have scorers in Berbatov and Petric, creativity and some goals in Ruiz and Rodallega who hasn't really impressed me at all.

For me we need a goalkeeper now or in the summer, a centre back now, a left back now or in the summer, a creative central minded midfielder now. More strikers in the summer.

Huddlestone would fill the central midfield role, would play the Murphy deep lying midfield role along with a more dynamic partner like Frimpong or Sidwell. Diarra and Huddlestone would be pretty slow. Karagounis could rotate with Huddlestone.
The other positions I'm not sure who we can bring in. Butland or Stekelenburg will be great. Never seen Okore play before so can't get excited about the link to him.

I'm expecting as per usual we'll sign someone out of the blue.

A Humble Man

Economic say the money is not a motivator it is a hygiene factor, that is it is necessary but does not make people perform better.  The main motivator is a leader who demonstrates he is doing something for the people who work for him.  Effectively you need constant change, even very small ones, to keep people interested.  The evidence for this come from the Hawthorn experiments from the 1930s when in similar areas in a factory one had a manager who made beneficial changes one who made changes that did not reap rewards and final one who changed nothing.  In the no change area in productivity went down, in the other two areas productivity went up equally.

So it is management activity that motivates people as they assume if he is doing something it must be for the better.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

StuFFC

I have to think that everyone has got a point, yet Jol is a very successful manager so if the players don't like his style then there is the exit:-

If there is a bad attitude in the changing room maybe the ones who have the bad attitude should go.

Yet we lost a very influential player that everyone might have forgotten by now which could be why everyone in the dressing room is getting upset:-

Danny Murphy

Although he got slagged off for being too old on many forums, all he wanted was a 2 year contract yet we would only offer him 1 year.

That could be something that would piss a lot of people off, especially if everyone liked him.

GoldCoastWhite

Quote from: Oakeshott on January 28, 2013, 09:10:58 AM
Even MAF hasn't the money to enable us to be more than a "regular prem. side" - only Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs are resourced to achieve that. MAF, like a number of other proprietors, enables us to enjoy a standard of football markedly better than the Club's level of regular paying customers would otherwise be likely to sustain. In my view MAF has been a total hero for Fulham, not someone who can sanely be criticised in any way.

And he has already given Jol between £10m and £20m to spend, and probably judges that it hasn't been spent well.
:54:

Nth Degree

Ha, after yesterdays announcement from the club, this thread is a little bit cringeworthy
Twitter: @OSmithFFC

Lighthouse

Quote from: Nth Degree on January 30, 2013, 11:01:19 AM
Ha, after yesterdays announcement from the club, this thread is a little bit cringeworthy

I don't see why. What did yesterdays announcement change in the short term? We knew that the club were not spending money and looking at youth players for the future. We knew the club were building a new stand. Yesterday our Chairman announced we didn't owe him anything and the club were in the black. Very generous and kind of him. He has been our clubs saviour before and still is.

But the decision not to invest in the players today still means we have an old squad, lacking depth that has a manager at a loss to find a way his side can shoot let alone win games. So I don't see that yesterdays announcement changes anything in the short term. A write off season that the club has decided to gamble by not investing today.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Roberty

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 30, 2013, 12:46:56 PM
Quote from: Nth Degree on January 30, 2013, 11:01:19 AM

I don't see why. What did yesterdays announcement change in the short term? We knew that the club were not spending money and looking at youth players for the future. We knew the club were building a new stand. Yesterday our Chairman announced we didn't owe him anything and the club were in the black. Very generous and kind of him. He has been our clubs saviour before and still is.

But the decision not to invest in the players today still means we have an old squad, lacking depth that has a manager at a loss to find a way his side can shoot let alone win games. So I don't see that yesterdays announcement changes anything in the short term. A write off season that the club has decided to gamble by not investing today.

I wish I had so many facts about what is going on at our club - where do you get all of this stuff from?

I'm sorry I missed your posting to tell us that we were about to sign Frimpong!
Hopefully you will have some more confidential information to share with us soon.

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Roberty

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 28, 2013, 05:21:27 PM
I blame MAF, Mackintosh, Jol and the players for our current predicament. Sorted.

Exactly - haven't they done well
No debts
Surprise signing
So so astute
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy