watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stop Knocking Jol And Get After The Real Culprits

Started by Toshes Fag Packet, January 28, 2013, 09:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

In 1963 John Profumo the then "War Minister" denied having a sexual relationship with Christine Keeler before eventually resigning. When Mandy Rice-Davies was giving evidence at the trial of Stephen Ward she was asked about John Profumo's denial and remarked "Well , he would, wouldn't he?"

So when Jol tells us that he has no money to spend, this simple answer is "Well, he would, wouldn't he".

The truth of any transfer window is that we have to wait and see because no one is going to do anything other than deny everything until a deal is done.

If the Frimpong deal shows us anything it is that the club knows what it is doing and is so so good at keeping the real information under cover.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

cebu

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 28, 2013, 09:03:56 AM
:031:
FAYED and MaCINTOSH.
If they really want Jol and this club to succeed they have to back
him and give him some dosh to spend.
Or are they just happy with us being a regular prem side.
Does Fayeds ambition stop there?.

MAF is of course a wealthy man, but he may be cash-strapped at the moment. His assets include the Paris Ritz Hotel which was closed last year for a 2-year renovation allegedly costing 140m Euros.:

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/holiday-type/luxury/revamp-for-megarich-paris-famed-ritz-hotel-closes-for-two-years-20120801-23efe.html

Bear in mind that it's in France, so it's unlikely to be completed in the scheduled time-frame and MAF will be lucky if the cost does not exceed 140m. Furthermore he gets no income from this asset until it reopens, but there may be some taxes to pay nonetheless.

Does he really have spare cash for signings? Maybe not right now. Then again maybe he and Mac have their best poker faces on at the moment!

ron

Quote from: Roberty on January 28, 2013, 12:13:42 PM
In 1963 John Profumo the then "War Minister" denied having a sexual relationship with Christine Keeler before eventually resigning. When Mandy Rice-Davies was giving evidence at the trial of Stephen Ward she was asked about John Profumo's denial and remarked "Well , he would, wouldn't he?"

So when Jol tells us that he has no money to spend, this simple answer is "Well, he would, wouldn't he".

The truth of any transfer window is that we have to wait and see because no one is going to do anything other than deny everything until a deal is done.

If the Frimpong deal shows us anything it is that the club knows what it is doing and is so so good at keeping the real information under cover.

A historical footnote; It was Lord Astor who made the denial, and brought that reply from Miss R-D.
This made it even more shocking at the time, because a member of the aristocracy was seen to be a liar.

grandad

Quote from: JBH on January 28, 2013, 09:44:31 AM
Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 28, 2013, 09:14:58 AM
Quote from: Oakeshott on January 28, 2013, 09:10:58 AM
Even MAF hasn't the money to enable us to be more than a "regular prem. side" - only Chelsea and the two Manchester clubs are resourced to achieve that. MAF, like a number of other proprietors, enables us to enjoy a standard of football markedly better than the Club's level of regular paying customers would otherwise be likely to sustain. In my view MAF has been a total hero for Fulham, not someone who can sanely be criticised in any way.

And he has already given Jol between £10m and £20m to spend, and probably judges that it hasn't been spent well.

:plus one:

Between 10 and 20 million isnt huge in todays transfer market, and
we did cop 20 million for Dembele and Dempsey.
Im not saying he should go along the lines of the big spenders
and bust us.
But Jol is taking a lot of stick for having to work with an overaged
side.

For all we know Jol may have identified players that he wants to bring in, MAF has made the money available but the players have turned us down or asked for exorberant wages that the club are quite rightly (in my opinion) not willing to pay.

So it is pointless moaning about something that when we don't know the true facts.

:plus one: 092.gif
Where there's a will there's a wife

alfie

Quote from: Logicalman on January 28, 2013, 10:54:46 AM
So, everyone is agreed that it could be the boards fault for not providing funds to a manager that appears to not be able to motivate the players that really cannot be bothered then?

Well, that's an easy conundrum!  093.gif

I still struggle with this idea that highly professional experienced players continously need to be motivated to go out and do what they get paid to do.

I said it in another thread do they sit in the dressing room and decide they are not going to go and do their jobs unless someone motivates them.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Joe McDonald

Quote from: cebu on January 28, 2013, 12:20:17 PM
FAYED and MaCINTOSH.

MAF is of course a wealthy man, but he may be cash-strapped at the moment. His assets include the Paris Ritz Hotel which was closed last year for a 2-year renovation allegedly costing 140m Euros.:

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/holiday-type/luxury/revamp-for-megarich-paris-famed-ritz-hotel-closes-for-two-years-20120801-23efe.html

Bear in mind that it's in France, so it's unlikely to be completed in the scheduled time-frame and MAF will be lucky if the cost does not exceed 140m. Furthermore he gets no income from this asset until it reopens, but there may be some taxes to pay nonetheless.

Does he really have spare cash for signings? Maybe not right now. Then again maybe he and Mac have their best poker faces on at the moment!

Didn't he sell Harrords fo a reported £1.2 billion?  Not that he should have to keep bailing the club out of financial holes...

Joe McDonald

Quote from: Kent Cassandra on January 28, 2013, 12:05:53 PM
Wouldn't we all love to be a fly on the wall in the boardroom?
All we seem to get lately are flies in the ointment!!!

not with all tse lizards about!

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on January 28, 2013, 12:00:02 PM
Quote from: aFFCn_Fan on January 28, 2013, 11:11:07 AM
So, everyone is agreed that it could be the boards fault for not providing funds to a manager that appears to not be able to motivate the players that really cannot be bothered then?

I blame the lizards

Can I just clarify that the green lizards are green because they come from A Green Planet. They do have a class system however. The red eyeballed green lizards are the overlords, the orange eyeballed green lizards are the scientists and teachers etc. The Greeks if you will. While the black eyeballed green lizards are in the majority but oddly the ones doing the work and are ruled by the others. What staggers me is that this has to be explained. Did nobody ever go to school and have this explained to them?

So, just to clear it up for me, are the green lizards, who control everything, the ones making all the politicians and scientists pass all these green laws which are supposed to stop all the global warming, which doesn't seem to be happening, especially round here where it has been more than a little bit parky this last couple of weeks?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

fulhaman

I love MAF.And I am hoping all badly run clubs are soon going to be out of business.  But I doubt it. What I would want is MAF family to stay on board and gradually keep on building withthe ground and the team

cebu

Quote from: Joe McDonald on January 28, 2013, 02:56:31 PM
Quote from: cebu on January 28, 2013, 12:20:17 PM
FAYED and MaCINTOSH.

Didn't he sell Harrords fo a reported £1.2 billion?  Not that he should have to keep bailing the club out of financial holes...

Indeed numbers in the 1.2 billion range were quoted in the press, but there was also talk of Harrods being mortgaged to the hilt.

What I was trying to get across is that MAF may own many assets, but he might not have much folding money.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: cebu on January 28, 2013, 04:57:22 PM
Indeed numbers in the 1.2 billion range were quoted in the press, but there was also talk of Harrods being mortgaged to the hilt.

What I was trying to get across is that MAF may own many assets, but he might not have much folding money.

Yeah, there's no doubting he's a very rich man.  But whether that wealth is liquid or not is entirely different.  Teams won't sell their players for hotel rooms, they want hard cash.

Jack Fulham

I blame MAF, Mackintosh, Jol and the players for our current predicament. Sorted.

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: alfie on January 28, 2013, 02:02:51 PM

I still struggle with this idea that highly professional experienced players continously need to be motivated to go out and do what they get paid to do.

I said it in another thread do they sit in the dressing room and decide they are not going to go and do their jobs unless someone motivates them.

Well said..Why does someone on £30 to £50 grand a week need to be
motivated to do his job....

Jack Fulham

Is money a motivation?

When a footballer signs a contract, they know they're going to get paid x amount of money regardless of their performance. Personally, I am motivated by a good working environment rather than money itself.

alfie

Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 28, 2013, 06:23:49 PM
Is money a motivation?

When a footballer signs a contract, they know they're going to get paid x amount of money regardless of their performance. Personally, I am motivated by a good working environment rather than money itself.

quote from tonights standard by our very own ex Dembele

"we were not motivated enough"

i would have thought that Spurs have a good working environment.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Jack Fulham

Quote from: alfie on January 28, 2013, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: Jack Fulham on January 28, 2013, 06:23:49 PM
Is money a motivation?

quote from tonights standard by our very own ex Dembele

"we were not motivated enough"

i would have thought that Spurs have a good working environment.

I imagine they do but I do not believe money is motivation for performance. It is a motivation to move clubs but ultimately, it is down to the manager to motivate the players like it is in most high pressure working environments.

The Bronsons

How can people keep droning on about football when there's this lizard thing going on? You have no sense of proportion.

ron

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on January 28, 2013, 06:14:24 PM
Quote from: alfie on January 28, 2013, 02:02:51 PM

Well said..Why does someone on £30 to £50 grand a week need to be
motivated to do his job....

It's because that wages at that level so separate them from reality and the real world that they can regress to behaving like sulky, spoilt children

A Humble Man

We have a good squad who are playing badly because of the system the manager has imposed on them.  So it is only Martin Jol you can blame.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

RidgeRider

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 28, 2013, 09:32:58 PM
We have a good squad who are playing badly because of the system the manager has imposed on them.  So it is only Martin Jol you can blame.

agreed, its hard for me to make it much more complicated than this...the man is well into his second year of trying to create a system, and 4 months without D&D, the lack of desire is the managers's fault.