News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Barry Hayles: Thoughts on our current situation....

Started by ToodlesMcToot, January 28, 2013, 05:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ToodlesMcToot

http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/allsport/2013/01/28/jol-the-right-man-for-fulham-says-whites-legend-82029-32698395/

FULHAM legend Barry Hayles insists his former club are in good hands under Martin Jol, in spite of the recent dip in form.

The Whites are gearing up for a vital home match against West Ham at Craven Cottage on Wednesday night and the popular former striker believes fans should have confidence in the manager to keep them away from a relegation dogfight.

"Fulham will turn the corner. They have a good squad," Hayles said. "Martin Jol is a great manager, and he is safe in his job. His main players just need to stand up and be counted."

Hayles who signed for Fulham in November 1998 for £2m pounds, and went on to score 58 goals in 219 appearances in five years at the club, has the club's interests close at heart.

"Being at Fulham, was the best years of my career. We won two consecutive promotions, and I got to play in the Premier League," said the 41-year-old, who is currently taking coaching badges and playing for St Albans.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Burt

Jack Fulham

Barry Hayles, whatta hero. Seems pretty adamant about Jol's job being safe. Unlucky chaps :54:

epsomraver

Great player but lets face it what does he know about the club now he is playing in the conference, he never was the sharpest knife in the drawer

Jack Fulham

Quote from: epsomraver on January 28, 2013, 05:48:14 PM
Great player but lets face it what does he know about the club now he is playing in the conference, he never was the sharpest knife in the drawer

and a Tottenham fan! booo

Wouldn't be surprised if he still talks to people at the club, played with Pembridge and Symons who are both coaches.

horse1031

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 28, 2013, 05:09:23 PM
http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/london-sport/allsport/2013/01/28/jol-the-right-man-for-fulham-says-whites-legend-82029-32698395/

FULHAM legend Barry Hayles insists his former club are in good hands under Martin Jol, in spite of the recent dip in form.

The Whites are gearing up for a vital home match against West Ham at Craven Cottage on Wednesday night and the popular former striker believes fans should have confidence in the manager to keep them away from a relegation dogfight.

"Fulham will turn the corner. They have a good squad," Hayles said. "Martin Jol is a great manager, and he is safe in his job. His main players just need to stand up and be counted."

Hayles who signed for Fulham in November 1998 for £2m pounds, and went on to score 58 goals in 219 appearances in five years at the club, has the club's interests close at heart.

"Being at Fulham, was the best years of my career. We won two consecutive promotions, and I got to play in the Premier League," said the 41-year-old, who is currently taking coaching badges and playing for St Albans.

LETS TURN THE CORNER THEN!!  I have been hearing this for months.  I want to see it on the pitch.

Ordar

God I use to love Barry Hayles. What he lacked in quality in times he made up for in effort and heart. I'll never forget the game where he destroyed Spurs almost single handedly

ffcbulgaria

at least he's played in the premiership and might actually know what he's talking about... and he is totally right about our 'MAIN' players who instead of using Jol as an excuse could put in some more effort...

JackyFulham90

I agree with him
A win Wednesday will change the look on our season

mangoputney

Quote from: horse1031 on January 28, 2013, 06:01:31 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on January 28, 2013, 05:09:23 PM

LETS TURN THE CORNER THEN!!  I have been hearing this for months.  I want to see it on the pitch.

Too true, should have turned in the easier part of a fixture list...
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

A Humble Man

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on January 28, 2013, 08:09:45 PM
I agree with him

We thought the win at West Brom was a turning point but is was just another dead swan.  One win does not make a drummer.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

Quote from: A Humble Man on January 28, 2013, 09:03:03 PM
I agree with him

We thought the win at West Brom was a turning point but is was just another dead swan.  One win does not make a drummer.

OK - how many wins to make a drummer?

A Humble Man

Quote from: Edward_Winston_Malone on January 28, 2013, 09:13:30 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on January 28, 2013, 09:03:03 PM
I agree with him

OK - how many wins to make a drummer?

Rat a tat tat
We Are Fulham, Believe.