watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Baird for CB?

Started by JackyFulham90, January 28, 2013, 08:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Now we have signed Frimpong we should have enough in the middle to move Baird back to centre half, he is good there & would put pressure on Hughes & Hangeland, anyone else agree?
With Frimpong , Sidwell , Karagounis & Diarra to come back Baird will not see much game time in central midfield

JohnKovacs

twang

I certainly rate Baird higher than Senderos, and with neither Hughes nor Brede on form it's a good shout.

alexbishop

Baird had a stint at centre back towards the beginning of last season and was exceptional. It's his best position and he should be given the opportunity to fight for a place there.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Edwatch_Winston_Malone

As long as CB stands for Covers Bench...

jarv

Baird was CB when Fulham signed him. Also, he had just been voted Southampton player of the year. I have seen him play there for Fulham and to be honest, while only a few times, he never let the team down. Looked very comfortable in that role.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: jarv on January 28, 2013, 09:24:58 PM
Baird was CB when Fulham signed him. Also, he had just been voted Southampton player of the year. I have seen him play there for Fulham and to be honest, while only a few times, he never let the team down. Looked very comfortable in that role.

agree with what your saying, but on his current form I don't think he deserves to start. Also against the Allardyce hoofball do we really want Baird at cb?

Mr K.Dilkington

Quote from: twang on January 28, 2013, 08:41:07 PM
I certainly rate Baird higher than Senderos, and with neither Hughes nor Brede on form it's a good shout.
065.gif  :plus one:
Foolish ham

EJL

Quote from: alexbishop on January 28, 2013, 08:42:25 PM
Baird had a stint at centre back towards the beginning of last season and was exceptional. It's his best position and he should be given the opportunity to fight for a place there.
Quite right. Can't remember the opponents (I might even be thinking the season before last when he was a regular) but I remember him single handedly keeping us in a game at home. He was all over the place, in a good way, making last ditch tackles, off the line clearances and crazy clearing headers.

Terry Angus

where was it that sanchez played baird when he first signed him, rb or cb? i've a mental scale against which i rate any player: at the top is the best i've seen, berbatov at the start of this season; at the bottom is the worst, chris baird playing rb or cb or wherever it was sanchez played him when he first signed.

avoid at any cost.

Rudolph

Quote from: EJL on January 28, 2013, 10:25:14 PM
Quite right. Can't remember the opponents (I might even be thinking the season before last when he was a regular) but I remember him single handedly keeping us in a game at home. He was all over the place, in a good way, making last ditch tackles, off the line clearances and crazy clearing headers.

I can also remember a centre back having a storming game against Arsenal at home, setting up an equaliser at Stamford Bridge and keeping scoring a goal against Wigan.  

Baird shouldn't and wouldn't be considered ahead of Senderos.

twang

Quote from: Terry Angus on January 28, 2013, 10:46:04 PM

where was it that sanchez played baird when he first signed him, rb or cb? i've a mental scale against which i rate any player: at the top is the best i've seen, berbatov at the start of this season; at the bottom is the worst, chris baird playing rb or cb or wherever it was sanchez played him when he first signed.

avoid at any cost.

He played RB when he first joined. I have never seen a player so out of placed as Baird looked against Arsenal on his debut. We could have lost by 5 or 6 goals if it wasn't for an outstanding Tony Warner in that game, believe it or not.

David Allen Crankshaw

Definitely a good idea as we don't know what might happen with our captain. He has always stated that CB is his favourite position.

EJL

Quote from: Rudolph on January 28, 2013, 10:52:56 PM
Quote from: EJL on January 28, 2013, 10:25:14 PM

I can also remember a centre back having a storming game against Arsenal at home, setting up an equaliser at Stamford Bridge and keeping scoring a goal against Wigan. 

Baird shouldn't and wouldn't be considered ahead of Senderos.

OK

Snibbo

There's something wrong with Baird this season. (and he's not the only one). But his form has generally been atrocious, so I don't think he merits a first team place in any position.

leonffc

At last that would free Hangeland up to play as centre forward more (Jols plan B)

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Snibbo on January 29, 2013, 04:38:50 AM
There's something wrong with Baird this season. (and he's not the only one). But his form has generally been atrocious, so I don't think he merits a first team place in any position.

Possibly the "personal reasons" from last year still being there?