watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brek Shea to Stoke City...

Started by mccscratch, January 29, 2013, 05:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mccscratch

So disappointing that we did not land him ever after some rumored interest the past few years... I genuinely held out hope that he would be the next American to star for Fulham... instead a talented and young American player will be going to a footballing hell hole...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Forever Fulham

As we used to say in Canada, he's a few bricks shy of a full load.  (Pun intended).  Don't think FC Dallas's head coach (whose son is at FFC) thought that much of him.  Plays in the mold of Bale.  Lots of speed with and without the ball.  Attacks the goal.  Has the physical tools and intangibles to be sure.  But...

mccscratch

Quote from: Forever Fulham on January 29, 2013, 05:33:40 PM
As we used to say in Canada, he's a few bricks shy of a full load.  (Pun intended).  Don't think FC Dallas's head coach (whose son is at FFC) thought that much of him.  Plays in the mold of Bale.  Lots of speed with and without the ball.  Attacks the goal.  Has the physical tools and intangibles to be sure.  But...

Schellas Hyndman can be a total dick to be very honest... Shea most certainly has plenty of maturing to do but people thought the same thing about Bale 4-5 years ago when he was coming up... amazing teen potential then a lull during the learning curve... great physical tools and talent but it took him time to develop and learn how to play the game while using the tools in a team setting.

Shea will not be Bale but certainly a poor man's Bale is still a very good player.

zander

As we used to say in Canada, he's a few bricks shy of a full load.  (Pun intended).  Don't think FC Dallas's head coach (whose son is at FFC) thought that much of him.  Plays in the mold of Bale.  Lots of speed with and without the ball.  Attacks the goal.  Has the physical tools and intangibles to be sure.  But...

Well there must be a reason he only went to Stoke. I've only seen bits and pieces but any potential he has will go to waste in the Potteries

Forever Fulham

He'll learn (Ouch!) the (Oww!) Stoke way (Hey, that hurt!) to play.  Thug in training, I guess.

mccscratch

Quote from: zander on January 29, 2013, 05:40:44 PM

Well there must be a reason he only went to Stoke. I've only seen bits and pieces but any potential he has will go to waste in the Potteries

Stoke were actually willing to fork out 4 million for a young American player with no European experience... very few teams even after Dempsey, Holden (when healthy) and Cameron have become better than serviceable players, are willing to do that on Americans...

fulhampa23

Doesn't fit the Stoke model at all, and honestly hasn't been at his best for over a year, but still good luck to the lad.
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

mccscratch

Quote from: fulhampa23 on January 29, 2013, 05:49:52 PM
Doesn't fit the Stoke model at all, and honestly hasn't been at his best for over a year, but still good luck to the lad.

in fairness he was hampered by a bad bone spur in his foot all season... had surgery in November to remove it.

zander

Quote from: mccscratch on January 29, 2013, 05:47:20 PM

Stoke were actually willing to fork out 4 million for a young American player with no European experience... very few teams even after Dempsey, Holden (when healthy) and Cameron have become better than serviceable players, are willing to do that on Americans...

Thats a fair point. There is still a lot of reluctance to buy from the MLS, perhaps its in part due to the need to negotiate with the league for a players sale.

mccscratch

Quote from: zander on January 29, 2013, 05:56:17 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on January 29, 2013, 05:47:20 PM

Thats a fair point. There is still a lot of reluctance to buy from the MLS, perhaps its in part due to the need to negotiate with the league for a players sale.

Absolutely a set back to have to deal with MLS... they are not easy to deal with it seems... I respect that the want their best players to continue to grow and improve the league but at times it seems like they hold the players hostage.

HatterDon

A couple of points:

1. Jurgen Klinsmann, the US team coach, has had a close association with Pulis in the past. Shea is just the most recent person to train there/get a trial. The purchase of Edu from Rangers was pretty much on Klinsmann's recommendation. I think we'll see more Yanks connected with Stoke as long as we're stupid enough to play Klinsmann for screwing up our national team. I wish JK had that sort of relationship with Moyes, but you can't have everything.

2. According to Sky Sports yesterday, Stoke announced that there were NOT interested in Shea.

He's not ready for English football yet. He's got to toughen up his body and the muscles between his ears.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Klinsmann is a decent sort.  Likable.  Can't deny his greatness as a player.  A player's coach, I guess.  But am I the only one who thinks he was wrong for the UNMNT?

HatterDon

Quote from: Forever Fulham on January 29, 2013, 06:19:30 PM
Klinsmann is a decent sort.  Likable.  Can't deny his greatness as a player.  A player's coach, I guess.  But am I the only one who thinks he was wrong for the UNMNT?

No, the guy who posted just above you called Klinsmann the guy we're paying "to screw up our national team." Not a fan of the poser. Never will be.

I'd prefer him managing the USA than managing Fulham though. He could screw up a soup sandwich.

mccscratch

Quote from: HatterDon on January 29, 2013, 06:15:01 PM

2. According to Sky Sports yesterday, Stoke announced that there were NOT interested in Shea.

He's not ready for English football yet. He's got to toughen up his body and the muscles between his ears.

Shea is having a physical right now with Stoke... that is 100% confirmed. Fee agreed, only pending the physical

HatterDon

Quote from: mccscratch on January 29, 2013, 06:23:18 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 29, 2013, 06:15:01 PM

Shea is having a physical right now with Stoke... that is 100% confirmed. Fee agreed, only pending the physical

Well, there you go. Yesterday "not interested," today "having a physical."

Still not ready for English football at any level. I hope he gets more games in than Edu did.

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on January 29, 2013, 06:22:59 PM

No, the guy who posted just above you called Klinsmann the guy we're paying "to screw up our national team." Not a fan of the poser. Never will be.

I'd prefer him managing the USA than managing Fulham though. He could screw up a soup sandwich.

I too am not a Klinsman fan. I don't understand why he keeps going back to the same failed players: Goodson, Beckerman, Feilhaber, Kljestan, EJ and that walking card Jones. I know the well is low but that has always been an American problem. The one good thing is that he seems to be a strong influence in getting players out of MLS and somewhere where they play semi-decent football.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

Quote from: YankeeJim on January 29, 2013, 06:46:17 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on January 29, 2013, 06:22:59 PM

I too am not a Klinsman fan. I don't understand why he keeps going back to the same failed players: Goodson, Beckerman, Feilhaber, Kljestan, EJ and that walking card Jones. I know the well is low but that has always been an American problem. The one good thing is that he seems to be a strong influence in getting players out of MLS and somewhere where they play semi-decent football.

Since they are going to Stoke that is not really true is it?
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

YankeeJim

Barry, say what you will about ugly football but ugly football has them in 10th. Win with what ya got.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

BarryP

10th, 4th or facing relegation I would prefer that no USMNT player be under Tony Pulis coaching care.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

horse1031

from what i have seen from Brek he is not ready for the premiership.  very lightweight and doesnt seem like he has the attitude to do very well in England.  I would be surprised if he ever made it...  hope i am wrong. 075.gif