watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

wonder how schwarz feels.

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 01, 2013, 07:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

We went hell for leather to get a new keeeper but failed. Hope schwarz is still motivated.

MasterHaynes

He doesn't come across as someone who would give up, I think he will want to show his worth and if it does happen in the summer he leaves on a high note.He will also want to show his worth to Australian clubs who maybe watching as he has always said he would like to end his career playing in Australia.

cottage cheese

I think Mark knows his days are up anyway. Freidal was the last remaining 40 year I think and he has been replaced this year.

FFCfan

Spot on MH.

He is proffessional and he knows the end is nearing for him. Australia is a very likely destination! If Stekelenburg was it would be the same situatuion as in spurs where Friedel gave way to Lloris!

He has been great for us!

Max Headroom

I am sure he is happy.... He has a six month extension of playing regularly!

Roberty

To be blunt - the need so sign a new contract I would think.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ffc73

Schwarzer comes across as an intelligent person & he must know his performances are not what they used to be. He will continue to do his best but knows the club has to look for a replacement. He has a reprieve that's all

Stockdale on the other hand looks toast. Which I for one am disappointed about

rusty shackleford

He went hell for leather for a new club and failed when hughes was in charge. So its tough poo if his feelings are hurt

In the Enclosure

Mark Just been on Talksh*te. Sounds very measured and calm.
Interviewers only seem to be aware of 2 signings.
Would not be drawn on commentating on the Odemwingie situation.

Presenter signs off by starting to say what a good player he is and someone cuts him off with an advert
All they really wanted to talk about was how difficult it would be against Man Utd.

They also managed to convince a West Brom fan earlier that 'Arry wasn't at fault for the Odemwingie debacle.

Time to switch them off and listen to music !

Burt

Schwartz is no mug and knows that his best days are behind him and that the club have the right to look for a long term replacement.

leonffc

Quote from: Burt on February 01, 2013, 09:13:38 AM
Schwartz is no mug and knows that his best days are behind him and that the club have the right to look for a long term replacement.

:plus one:

Mark is preffesional enough to know how the game works and I'm sure Jol or one of the staff has talked to him about the situation. Well I'd hope someone has but you never know!

A Humble Man

He must know his days are numbered as his distribution has become poor and that is a vital attribute for a keeper in the modern game where so much attacking starts from the back.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

sparkles_moh

I must admit I'm over the whole distribution thing. It has been talked up massively by those who wanted Stockdale in the side. This is the only area Stockdale may be superior in. I was interested when Stockdale did get his 3 games how his so called better distribution would be. I wasn't shocked when I saw that it wasn't up to what all the Stockdale supporters were on about.

Schwartz is a smart level headed guy. I don't think he is keeping as well as his first four years at the club (where he was one of the best keepers going round) but what many people aren't stating is that Jol's play, where his left and right backs venture forward at every available opportunity, putting pressure on the rest of the defence and goalkeeper. Certainly the play is not as structured under Hodgson Hughes etc.
Schwartz will be looking for another year after this one, which will take him to the next World Cup. Whether that is with Fulham time will tell

michaelread

I dont understand why you all think Australia is where Schwarz will end up? He's always said that he will play at the highest level (europe) for as long as his body will let him. From all reports, he has 0 interest in Australia. Pullin' stuff out of thin air, ey?

west kowloon white

Fine fit and Forty and being Australian up for whatever card is dealt him.

JackyFulham90

Schwarzer will be here next season I think Jol will give him a new deal

SaltfordWhite

I have always thought that when you factor in how much he cost us, he is one of the greatest Fulham signings ever.

A Humble Man

In EVDS we had the best keeper in the World for four seasons.  Mark is a close second.  You should always get the best keeper you can as they win you more points than any other players on the pitch.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

alexbishop

which i guess is why we were in for Stekelenburg...now that's fallen through I'm worried about our chances of signing him in the summer as we won't be the only club interested
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop