News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The beginning of the next step for Fulham and all change in the summer?

Started by General, February 01, 2013, 09:41:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General

Haven't posted for a while, but have been keeping tabs on everything Fulham related - started to get worried but think the West Ham game and the last week seems to show a Fulham of old - hopefully it'll continue.

Is anyone else thinking that the release of equity could allow for further investments from further afield? an influx of money just as the stadium is about to be built would be a good strategy to have, especially as it would be an 'exciting thing to be part of'.

I get the impression that we're going to have quite the clear out in the summer. Hangeland, Schwarzer and possibly Petric, Kara and Diarra are going to be some of the notable exits.

It seems that Jol is finally getting back to his remit of bringing in younger players and it's good that we can use him and his networks to good effect.

I'm excited by Frimpong and Enoh, not only Urby - less so manolev.

The reason being is because since we've been in the premiership I'd go far enough to say we've always been a bit of a soft touch. Yes these two are young and not necessarily known for being graceful in the tackle etc but I think, if we're to move on to the next level we need that youthful over-exhuberence.

Faster than what we have at the minute, more energetic and with the possibility to take them on in the summer tied into their loans bodes well. It'll allow for more attacking and flowing football and for our defence to be caught out less, which has happened a lot this season due to the nature of the football we're trying to play.

I'm gutted I'm not around for the rest of the season to see these guys play but think the purchase of these two and another exciting creative player makes for an exciting read. Urby, Ruiz, Berbatov, Duff ...

I expect us to play 4-2-3-1.

All this said though I would like to see Petric play a lot more, his goalscoring stats for us in comparison to the games he's played etc I think are the best we've got and he always looks like he's capabale of doing something or creating goalscoring chances. I'd like to see him here next season but perhaps jol has something different in mind?

Kaka, Frei, Mesca, Frimpong, Enoh, Burn, Stockdale and a few others are becoming a good nuclues to a future team too. Excited about what IU've heard about Chris David too from FC Twente and the young Moussa Demebel.

fulhamfan

lets just hope we dont end up in a situation like villa this season.

FulhamMic

Quote from: fulhamross on February 01, 2013, 09:51:39 AM
lets just hope we dont end up in a situation like villa this season.

Villa plucked a few youngsters out of the lower leagues and threw them straight in at the deep end. That's not a recipe for success. We're doing it the right way.

domprague

This seems fair, well-informed and thoughtful. Are you sure you're on the right website?

Quote from: General on February 01, 2013, 09:41:49 AM

Haven't posted for a while, but have been keeping tabs on everything Fulham related - started to get worried but think the West Ham game and the last week seems to show a Fulham of old - hopefully it'll continue.

Is anyone else thinking that the release of equity could allow for further investments from further afield? an influx of money just as the stadium is about to be built would be a good strategy to have, especially as it would be an 'exciting thing to be part of'.

I get the impression that we're going to have quite the clear out in the summer. Hangeland, Schwarzer and possibly Petric, Kara and Diarra are going to be some of the notable exits.

It seems that Jol is finally getting back to his remit of bringing in younger players and it's good that we can use him and his networks to good effect.

The reason being is because since we've been in the premiership I'd go far enough to say we've always been a bit of a soft touch. Yes these two are young and not necessarily known for being graceful in the tackle etc but I think, if we're to move on to the next level we need that youthful over-exhuberence.

Faster than what we have at the minute, more energetic and with the possibility to take them on in the summer tied into their loans bodes well. It'll allow for more attacking and flowing football and for our defence to be caught out less, which has happened a lot this season due to the nature of the football we're trying to play.

I'm gutted I'm not around for the rest of the season to see these guys play but think the purchase of these two and another exciting creative player makes for an exciting read. Urby, Ruiz, Berbatov, Duff ...

All this said though I would like to see Petric play a lot more, his goalscoring stats for us in comparison to the games he's played etc I think are the best we've got and he always looks like he's capabale of doing something or creating goalscoring chances. I'd like to see him here next season but perhaps jol has something different in mind?

Kaka, Frei, Mesca, Frimpong, Enoh, Burn, Stockdale and a few others are becoming a good nuclues to a future team too. Excited about what IU've heard about Chris David too from FC Twente and the young Moussa Demebel.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

shnlwswlkr

Twitter - @shnlwswlkr

mangoputney

Quote from: domprague on February 01, 2013, 10:51:26 AM
This seems fair, well-informed and thoughtful. Are you sure you're on the right website?

Quote from: General on February 01, 2013, 09:41:49 AM

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation