watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is any one else offended

Started by FFCOutpostCommander, April 26, 2010, 01:02:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCOutpostCommander

by todays team being referred to as "second string" and reserve players? As much as their performance confirmed, they are all accomplised footballers who are part of our squad. Most are full or youth internationals and are there to perform at the call of the manager and I think they did Roy and Fulham proud today. Everton didn't hold back one bit in their bid to earn a place in Europe for next year and they looked nothing like inferior players. In fact they were robbed of a result by shoddy refereeing and nearly got a result any team would have ben pleased with. They have all played a part in our success this year and I am glad to have them available when required. We are truly changing into a top team with the depth of talent that is needed to deal with injuries and multiple competitions. Many of these same players kept us in the Europa league early on and they should have our thanks for a job well done!
Quietly holding down the fort in Northern NJ, USA

Lighthouse

No not really offended. It is true as we don't change the side nearly as much as we could. I would have liked to see more of the players we put out today. What does annoy me is that for some reason these millionaire sportsman who turned out today are somehow thought of as not good enough. That offends me. Second string of Fulham maybe, but quite capable of being able to grind results out at 13 man Everton (Ref and Linesman). It is a squad game and we should use the squad more without fear of SPam and others moaning.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Quote from: Lighthouse on April 26, 2010, 01:24:43 AM
No not really offended. It is true as we don't change the side nearly as much as we could. I would have licked to see more of the players we put out today. What does annoy me is that for some reason these millionaire sportsman who turned out today are somehow thought of as not good enough. That offends me. Second string of Fulham maybe, but quite capable of being able to grind results out at 13 man Everton (Ref and Linesman). It is a squad game and we should use the squad more without fear of SPam and others moaning.
I agree with you Lighthouse.
Fulham for life!

McBridefan1

they were definately our second string... no cohesion, and yet they did an admirable job... should have earned at least a point and looked more dangerous away than we have looked in some time... something to be said for fresh legs maybe?

HatterDon

Screw what anybody says to the contrary, I thought it was one of our best away efforts in the league all season. If putting Bobby on the bench on the road means we have to actually play through the midfield instead of hitting high balls for him to lay off, then perhaps it's worth it.

There were some blips, but we played well against a quality side. I was quite proud of the Whites and felt seriously aggreived at losing the point the way we did.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel