watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

why did ruiz not take the free kicks from scoring positions

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, February 03, 2013, 03:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

He has a cracking shot on him circa everton at home earlier in season.

MisfitKid

I was thinking the same thing.
At least he gets it over the wall...   :033:
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most...

zschwartz

it was a frustrating end to an otherwise encouraging display. i was very confused when rodallega took the shot; at the very least chip it in with everybody forward... but whatever. expected nothing but a dedicated performance, got just that.

FFCfan

Same feeling here! I think Ruiz should have taken the free kicks. Perhaps in training Mr Baird and Mr Rodallega are doing better than him ...

FC Silver Fox

The new kid on the block wanted a crack too. Emanuelson stood by shyly but you could see he was thinking "I could do better than that. Why don't they just pop it into the top corner."
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Nero

only reason i can  think is that  was to the righht hand side, but say that anyone but hugo hes dont get them on target without a wall

premFlem

Can anyone tell me why it takes 5 or 6 of our players to discuss the taking of each free kick, are they just hogging the camera's or what.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Fulham1959

Quote from: Nero on February 03, 2013, 08:27:31 AM
only reason i can  think is that  was to the righht hand side, but say that anyone but hugo hes dont get them on target without a wall

Huh ???

Deanothefulhamfan

Rodallega should not be taking our free kicks.... He has done nothing in the several attemps.... Ruiz, Baird or even Riise are better then him... Very frustrating when Rodallega is over the ball in a dangerous situation.... I still would rather have petric starting in his place

mccscratch

Ruiz should be taking all of our direct FKs that are in shooting position inside of 30 yards... he has the swerve and dip and rarely hits the wall...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

A Humble Man

Why do we keeping shooting and not just lob it of the wall for an on rushing player,or get it out to a wide players etc.  I wonder what the statistics are on free kick shots to goals scored? Pathetic I suspect.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

ffcfulham

we did afew nice freekicks last year which were planed now they are just shoot shoot shoot shoot
WE ARE FULHAM FFC
@ffcfulham

nose

when the greek took the free kicks it was always a disaster, he really should be banned from dead balls!
Ruiz and duff know how to take a free kick so let them!

cmg

I agree that Ruiz should be our main man for FKs.

I wonder if he lacks confidence. He kind of plays as if he does.

If this is the case he should do something about it. I totally disagree with the amount of stick he gets, but, if certain sections of the crowd do get on his back, however ill-informed this may be, he should, as a professional, be able to deal with it.

A Humble Man

Quote from: cmg on February 03, 2013, 01:47:55 PM

I agree that Ruiz should be our main man for FKs.

I wonder if he lacks confidence. He kind of plays as if he does.

If this is the case he should do something about it. I totally disagree with the amount of stick he gets, but, if certain sections of the crowd do get on his back, however ill-informed this may be, he should, as a professional, be able to deal with it.

These sort of comments always upset me because footballers are just ordinary blokes like you or me who are hurt by being insulted.  I thought the main function of FOF was to avoid and personal insults so why can't we transfer these good manners to the crowd.

What was the booing about at half time?
We Are Fulham, Believe.

supersimmo123

I thought Petric should have taken it... Anyone remember the one in the semi final of the Europa league?

HatterDon

I was wondering about Ruiz's absence from that role as well. But, of course, the answer to the question is that Jol doesn't want him taking them. Otherwise, he would.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel