watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Nfr: Super Bowl!

Started by brightster, February 03, 2013, 11:14:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brightster

Apart from our freinds from the USA, Anyone going to watch the Super Bowl tonight?

F(f)CUK

I love American Football, but cannot stand all the sentimental clap trap that goes on beforehand.

Humbled

i am watching.... and love all the build up, loved the choir was a nice touch!!

dont want to get political so will not mention any patriotism  :hook:

Lighthouse

Well the bits in between the breaks are ok. But there is an awful lot of pontificating before and during. 27 seconds of play in fifteen hours of sport. Hard to keep awake.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

F(f)CUK

I am only expecting to watch until the half. Recording and will watch the rest when I can.

Humbled

Quote from: FF(C)UK on February 03, 2013, 11:42:29 PM
I am only expecting to watch until the half. Recording and will watch the rest when I can.

for some reason i can never go back and watch a live sporting event after it has happened!!

brightster

Great start for the underdogs, been following the Redskins since the 80s, love the build up to the game.
Great story on the Ravens team, number 74 Michael Oher was the boy that the film The Blind Side was based on would be great if they win.

F(f)CUK

Dear Humbled - I'd love to watch the whole game live - I always have in the past, but too old now to cope with only 3-4hrs sleep.

kevin

i thought rugby was pointless until i watched american football
so much hype for a game that is so stop start
there is no flow which makes it so hard to watch

Berserker

I don't know you could say that about ice hockey but it's still entertaining
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Scrumpy

I can see the attraction, but have work in the morning  :016:.

Bed for me.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Humbled

Quote from: FF(C)UK on February 03, 2013, 11:57:02 PM
Dear Humbled - I'd love to watch the whole game live - I always have in the past, but too old now to cope with only 3-4hrs sleep.

i wasnt being funny... hope u didnt take it the wrong way!
i can watch highlights but cant sit and watch a full game once it is over.

cheerupjimmyhill

Watching a bit now Mr bright...ster.

Not a great lover of it but appreciate the occasion. Have you been to a game on your visits to the states?

F(f)CUK

No probs. Only shame is that I will hear the result before I watch it. This game is not over. The Ravens need 2 more scores to seal it. Now off to bed.

MikeCdawg

personally i dont like watching american football i tried to watch it once but it's watching pundits talk and ads with a game going on in between instead of vice-versa and the half-time show and everything. just get on with it and get the hell out of there   fp.gif americans!

brightster

Not yet Cheerup, but hopefully one day get a chance, usually go in the summer so not on then, was over there for last thanksgiving but couldn't get tickets at Chicago. Did see the Redskins play at Wembley in the 80s.

And the ravens score again!

cheerupjimmyhill

Yep knew you were there for thanksgiving would have been good to get to a game.

Had to endure a few Boxing days watching american football all day long with my american brother in law which has put me off it a bit, infact alot....

The Bronsons

I briefly got into American Football during the first season that Channel 4 in the UK started covering it about 1980-something (?). They showed highlights on a Sunday early evening of one game that they had edited to cut out all the ads and rubbish. It was great - a good game to watch.

I got all pumped up for my first live-on-TV Superbowl - even bought US beer for the occasion - but it was crap. (I mean the game, not the beer, although...) Hardly any sport, just overstuffed blokes in suits talking while the US TV went to yet another ad break.

Big disappointment. But I carried on watching the highlight programmes, on and off, until suddenly the LA Raiders disappeared and became the Oakland Raiders. That's when I realised this was an alien culture, and I stopped watching.

Walsh

I love my NFL, watched every Giants game this season, obviously didn't do as well as last year (because we'd be on the TV now) but we were unlucky not to get into the playoffs... onto next year!

up the Ravens!

brightster

How very spooky, floodlight failure at the Super Bowl and the cottage!