https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dan Burn

Started by Markffc123, February 04, 2013, 02:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markffc123

Apparently he has been impressing for yeovil this season
maybe be worth calling him back and giving yeovil senderos
i Know league 1 is not exactly great but if the kid is impressing then give him a chance next year-we are currently short of cb's
and he has been dubbed as a mini Brede Hangeland

MJG

I think let him finish the season and then he should be in a position of at least getting in the squad for next season.

Deanothefulhamfan

That's weird, I posted a thread on the Yeovil forum today asking about what they think of him etc.... all great reports, strong, quick, good in the air and a great prospect.... Hope he comes back and is chomping at the bit next season, as he may be needed if Hangeland doesn't stay....

Rupert

Quote from: Markffc123 on February 04, 2013, 02:29:49 PM
i Know league 1 is not exactly great but if the kid is impressing then give him a chance next year-we are currently short of cb's

I saw Burn play in the MK friendly. Looked good, didn't do much wrong, made one excellent turn and pass which really caught my eye.

Call him back and play him in the Premiership and he will make a mistake, and some sections of our support will turn on him with the same intensity as thay have on Senderos, who can play some excellent stuff for most of a game, but only have his partial culpability for a very good opposition goal turned into yet another rather tiresome call for him to be sent away fom Fulham and replaced by an untried youngster.

Dan, if you are reading this, stay there!
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Rudolph

Quote from: Markffc123 on February 04, 2013, 02:29:49 PM

I'd say, based on current form, that Hughes would be a better bet sending down to Yeovil. 

LBNo11

...I saw him twice in pre-season friendlies and he looked calm and assured  as though he had been picking up tips from Brede how to break up play, and he is of similar build to Hangeland as well.

As ever, it is a big jump from pre-season friendlies against non league opposition, to League 1 and ultimately in a premier league squad, but he looked to me more of the finished article than Kasami and Trotta - in my opinion...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ToodlesMcToot

I'd be happy with him getting the first half of next season with a Championship side rather than risking his confidence by throwing him in the deep end too soon.

There'll be plenty of opportunities for him to get game time and continue his progression. If he's been performing as advertised in League 1, then we shouldn't have a problem finding a Championship suitor for him next season.

Or we could keep him and play him for early Cup rounds and then loan him out as those opportunities typically dwindle.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

LBNo11

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on February 04, 2013, 04:36:05 PM
I'd be happy with him getting the first half of next season with a Championship side rather than risking his confidence by throwing him in the deep end too soon.

There'll be plenty of opportunities for him to get game time and continue his progression. If he's been performing as advertised in League 1, then we shouldn't have a problem finding a Championship suitor for him next season.

Or we could keep him and play him for early Cup rounds and then loan him out as those opportunities typically dwindle.

...agreed...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr K.Dilkington

I'm going to sound pedantic right know but I don't believe that's Andy Johnson in your avatar, I think its Lee Carsley.
Foolish ham

Deanothefulhamfan

I just hope we have him tied down for a few years.... He is possibly our next young player to be breaking through to the first team. I would like to see him on loan for the first half of the season to a championship side, and see how he does with the step up in level...

I do think we will be losing hangeland in the summer, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was the replacement.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: FFC to the Max on February 04, 2013, 04:51:37 PM

I'm going to sound pedantic right know but I don't believe that's Andy Johnson in your avatar, I think its Lee Carsley.

Oh well. He's bald and I'm blind.

There's either a song or a joke in there somewhere.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MasterHaynes

I said much the same in another thread about what CB we should be looking to buy. A season in div one will have hardened him up physically, I'm sure he faces more physical players at that level than he will in the Premiership. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Yeovil make the play offs as all the money in China couldn't buy that sort ofexperience. especially if they go all the way