watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gillingham V Wycombe Fan jumps the Wycombe keeper

Started by Mr-ska, February 04, 2013, 10:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr-ska

Wycombe beat Gillingham 1-0 tonight at the home of the Gills...  look at this little pikey!!!!

Gillingham Vs Wycombe - 04/02/2013 - Fan Jumps on GoalKeeper!!!!

Mr-ska

The Keeper got booked for kicking the ball away! lol

Burt

Fair play to the keeper...he didn't fall to the ground making a meal of it. In fact, were it not for the stewards, I suspect the "fan" would have come off worse.

Muppet.

Mr-ska

Deanothefulhamfan

We were talking about scummy man utd fans yesterday, but these fans just take the biscuit.... Horrible club, Horrible fans....

FC Silver Fox

I think the ref should have shown some leniency with the keeper. He was only venting his justifiable anger.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on February 05, 2013, 09:05:56 AM
I think the ref should have shown some leniency with the keeper. He was only venting his justifiable anger.

I'd have booked him for not kicking it in the kid's face.  Absolutely no place for stuff like this in football - running on the pitch to celebrate is stupid, this is just knuckledraggingly embarrassing.

ron

Who remembers the same happening to Les Barrett from a Liverpool fan running out of the Hammersmith End in 1966, during the famous 2-0 win when we were bottom and they were top (the beginning of a great escape) ?

Afterwards, LB said that the fan was "Only cuffing me" instead of getting real punches away, but it looked serious to us.

TonyGilroy

I don't think he was ever the same player after that.

From being a certain future international he became a good player in the lower leagues.

LBNo11

...I remember the Les Barrett incident, it was a match shown on the TV, the Liverpool thug targeted Les for no reason, (Steve Earle scored our two).

Re your comment Tony, I don't think it made that much difference to his International prospects as Ramsey had already shown his favour of the 'wingless wonders' style of play, and Les was an 'old fashioned' winger.

Re the Gillingham fan, they are really a different breed, but you have to feel sorry for their upbringing, their friends are their relatives and their relatives are their friends, and all Gills fans are related to each other, their gene pool has become stagnant...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

Just an impression but it seemed to me at the time that he lost some aggression and devil after that incident.

He remained a good player but somewhat passive. If given the ball he'd do his thing. He never seemed to go looking for the ball or make things happen.

Maybe that would have happened anyway.

It seemed a shocking incident at the time. I'd never seen a player attacked on the pitch during a game by a spectator.

LBNo11

...that is an interesting point of view Tony, maybe it did have a deep down effect on him, I remember Les Strong wrote that Les had a quiet demeanour and was quite nervous - I think he nicknamed him 'Boo' Barrett as he was likely to jump when surprised - and Les Strong always has been a joker...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

The statement saying the goalie was booked for kicking the ball away is not correct, he had just been booked for timewasting when he was jumped

domprague

You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

YankeeJim

There may be more to this then we know. Looked as if the fan was trying to mount him.  :021:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Forever Fulham

Maybe he's another over aged minority owner's son...  I would have kicked him for good measure.  In fact, there's an idea.  To fill the stands, we could institute a "Running Man" survival game at halftime, a kind of dodge ball, if you will, with the spoiled children of club ownership.  "Yes, folks, those tears are real." 

domprague

:005:
Quote from: Forever Fulham on February 06, 2013, 10:13:57 AM
Maybe he's another over aged minority owner's son...  I would have kicked him for good measure.  In fact, there's an idea.  To fill the stands, we could institute a "Running Man" survival game at halftime, a kind of dodge ball, if you will, with the spoiled children of club ownership.  "Yes, folks, those tears are real." 
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

EJL

That is the most unnecessary reaction from a steward I've ever seen. He tackled him as if the 12 year old was Sebastien Chabal  064.gif