watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Les Mis

Started by Peabody, February 05, 2013, 05:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

I know this has been posted before but just seen it and thought it was brilliant

bill taylors apprentice

Me too, just got home from seeing it, gut wrenching sad. 

Berserker

I'm still mulling over going. To be honest the thought of all the singing has put me off rather
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Worth going Mrs B.

It's not a barrel of laughs, but that is more than offset by some really strong performances in it.

I went, prepared to fall asleep, but was pleasantly surprised.

Mrs Burt is trying to get me to see Lincoln next.

Supermitch

Quote from: Berserker on February 05, 2013, 08:31:00 PM
I'm still mulling over going. To be honest the thought of all the singing has put me off rather

Don't mull Mrs B - just go, it is excellent.  My 18 year old daughter has seen it a couple of times (having been twice to see it on stage).    I prefer the stage version but the film is well worth seeing.

Flummer23

Singing not as good as what you'd experience in the stage productions but the acting is first rate, the visuals tremendous,  and the overall pace and story are great. It's really a good film.  Recommend it highly.
It's a fine line between clever and . . . stupid.  David St. Hubbins

MJG

Absolutely love the show and have seen the film twice. As far as im concerned its a masterpiece and will seen as such in years to come.

The singing live means the vocals wavier in places, but given the subject matter you don't want mama mia type singing.Acting is top notch and Anne Hatherway should win an Oscar.

Peabody

Dont mull, go. On the subject of the singing , I found it really helpful that you could hear the words and thus had greater understanding than the stage version. Found it very emotional and people actually applauded at the end.

Flummer23

Quote from: Peabody on February 05, 2013, 09:53:06 PM
Dont mull, go. On the subject of the singing , I found it really helpful that you could hear the words and thus had greater understanding than the stage version. Found it very emotional and people actually applauded at the end.
Agree.  Even though I'd seen the stage production twice before, the movie lent itself better to telling the story and I actually understood the overall plot much better through watching the film.
It's a fine line between clever and . . . stupid.  David St. Hubbins

EJL

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of 'Crying and Dying: The Musical', mainly because of Russell Crowe's awful warbling. I have to agree with Mark Kermode when he says you're always waiting for someone to say: "Cor bilmey, guvna!" Not a bad film, though. Probably won't rush to see it again.

Gozorich

I was disappointed but I think that was partly due to the reviews which mostly went well over the top.  The film was saved by Sacha Baron Cohen(?) and his cameo of 'Master of the House'.

Preferred the stage version; more atmosphere.

McBridefan1

If you don't support good movies you will get another die hard movie... Doooooh, Too late.