more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Friday Fulham Stuff (08/02/13)...

Started by WhiteJC, February 08, 2013, 04:39:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Fulham target wants summer move

FC Nordsjaelland defender Jores Okore has revealed that he is hoping to leave the club this summer.

The Danish international was linked with a move to the Premier League in January, with Fulham having an offer for his signature rejected.

Although he was disappointed to not have a chance to change clubs last month, Okore feels that he will move on at the end of the season:

"This summer I should leave." He is quoted by Sky Sports via Sporten.dk.

"That is the time when I have the biggest chance and I certainly hope that it will happen.

"It is still FCN who decide, but it is my plan to leave this summer."

Okore went on to reveal that he hopes to play to one of Europe's top leagues and that he was frustrated to see Fulham's offer rejected:

"I had certainly hoped that I would be able to move right now.

"I want to prove myself on a higher level. But it is also difficult to join a new club in the middle of the season.

"I believe that it was not FC Nordsjaelland's plan that I should leave during this transfer window."

Okore has been earning rave reviews for his performances in Denmark, where he has gained a reputation for being a tough-tackling defensive leader.

The 20-year-old only made his debut for Nordsjaelland last year, but has immediately become one of the club's most valued assets.

He has represented Denmark at international level on four occasions, but was actually born in the Ivory Coast.

http://www.footballfancast.com/premiership/fulham/fulham-target-wants-summer-move?

WhiteJC

LAWRO'S PREDICTION

Norwich v Fulham

I thought Fulham were a little bit unlucky to be beaten by Manchester United last week.

Martin Jol's side definitely had their opportunities against the leaders but I am not so convinced by them away from Craven Cottage.

Norwich have not won a league game since the middle of December and their current form reminds me of their results at the start of the season. If it is going to follow the same pattern, then they will start winning again soon.

They need to because, although there are still a few teams below them in the table, with no wins in eight league games they just have not been picking up enough points recently.

Looking at the teams in and around the relegation zone, I think we can take Newcastle out of the equation, but everyone from Fulham, who are 13th, downwards are in a scrap. I don't think anyone else will be involved.

Prediction: 2-1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21370831

WhiteJC

Petrić Eyes Repeat

Mladen Petrić is expecting a vastly different game against Norwich City on Saturday to the one that took place at Craven Cottage on the opening day of the season.

That sunny August afternoon in SW6, Petrić scored twice on his Whites debut as Martin Jol's men thumped the Canaries 5-0 to make the perfect start to the 2012/13 campaign.

Fast forward to the present and the two sides sit level on points in the Barclays Premier League table, making the weekend fixture at Carrow Road an important game for both teams.

Petrić said: "We will see what sort of game it is. It's always different with home games and away games. Of course, I hope we can play like we did in the first game against them."

Fulham ended their recent slump with a 3-1 win over West Ham United last Wednesday, with Petrić having a major hand in the final goal of the game which saw Joey O'Brien turn the ball over his own line.

The spirited Whites then went down to an unlucky 1-0 defeat to Manchester United on Saturday.

"We still need some points," said Petrić. "The game against West Ham United was very important for us."

Petrić again stepped off the substitutes' bench in the clash with United but, having recovered from a recent thigh injury, is desperate to be involved from the start on Saturday.

The summer signing from Hamburg, who scored as Croatia defeated Korea Republic 4-0 in a friendly at the Cottage on Wednesday, said: "From the beginning of the season I was hoping to play more but I didn't, so we will see. I always try to give my best when I come in and, in the end, the gaffer is the man who decides so we will see what happens."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/february/08/petric-eyes-repeat?

WhiteJC

U18s Head To Blues

Fulham's Under-18s head to Merseyside on Saturday when they face Everton at Finch Farm.

The Whites will go into the game buoyed by last weekend's 5-1 thumping of Southampton at Motspur Park, although Academy Director Huw Jennings admitted the scoreline was somewhat flattering for Fulham.

In the Whites' first match of phase two of their Barclays Premier League Elite Group, Patrick Roberts and Muamer Tankovic put Fulham 2-0 up against the Saints, before the visitors pulled a goal back just before the break.

But three goals in the last 10 minutes saw Fulham seal victory. Tankovic scored from the penalty spot, before Moussa Dembele and Jordan Evans found the net.

Everton have played twice in phase two, defeating Reading 3-2 at home, before a 2-1 win away to Bolton.

On Thursday, they sealed their spot in the Fifth Round of the FA Youth Cup with a 3-2 victory at Port Vale.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/february/08/u18s-head-to-blues?