watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Norwich vs Fulham match thread

Started by Walsh, February 09, 2013, 10:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyTund

Berbatov was motm vs west ham.  Get a grip people.  

It was ok, we are looking much more organised.  If that was a 'horrible display' then what does that say about Norwich who were at home?  

itombomb

Selection and subs were awful again today, we simply can not play with that lack pace on the flanks and expect to do anything. Duff is still a trier, but he is done at this level.

Positives were that Frimpong was tidy and Emmanuelsson did some decent stuff. Might make a decent CM pairing and should at least get Sidwell away from the team.

itombomb

Quote from: RoyTund on February 09, 2013, 04:58:42 PMIt was ok, we are looking much more organised.  If that was a 'horrible display' then what does that say about Norwich who were at home? 
Norwich are really poor, with only a few premier league quality players, we have much more talent than them.

tslyon

Quote from: RoyTund on February 09, 2013, 04:58:42 PM
Berbatov was motm vs west ham.  Get a grip people.  

It was ok, we are looking much more organised.  If that was a 'horrible display' then what does that say about Norwich who were at home?  

They were horrible as well???  That is what I think.  Ruiz gave away...I don't think I can count that high.  Best part of the game was our defense.  And, they deserve all the accolades they get.  Organization is awesome when you move forward.  But lateral and backwards?  

Boggers

Disgraceful performance for the fans that made the journey. I feel robbed just sat here at home, I'll never get those 90 minutes back.

Why bring on Ashkan in the 90th minute? Why take of Rodellga and bring on Petric? The game was crying out for some pace. Both managers clearly set their teams out for a draw.

Manolev looks solid but offers little going forward.

Frimpong was lively but you just feel he's one challenge away from a red.

I thought Hangeland and Senderos did well on the whole, Becchio barely had a sniff all game.

Berbatov was so bad, he should be ashamed of himself.

Three points dropped  fp.gif

I'm going over to lurk at We Are The Rangers Boys, that will cheer me up  :scarf:
"I never comment on referees and I'm not about to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat" - Ron Atkinson

http://alrightbeav.wordpress.com/

@shutuposhea

T.G.

Our wings were dreadful tonight. Not a single good ball delivered..This game both teams were scared to open themselves and to attack.

The reason we played so good against Manchester United is because we had nothing to loose. No one expected us to do anything against them and all the players felt free to play.

Tonight Jol didn't want to drop points. I'ts not THAT BAD, we looked solid in defense at least.

Just chill, it's going to be okay. Don't blame Berbatov, because the whole team was awful in attack.. Again - don't be so upset.

Lighthouse

With Norwich having to come forward in the closing stages what point was there in taking the pace of Rodders off for Petric. With no pace out wide and then no pace in the middle we were inviting them to attack us.

Jol continues to confuse stupid people like me. Jol doesn't seem to want to win away.

Berbatov is great in a side with pace. But otherwise he is a luxury bus in a side of old bangers.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

grandad

Neither GK had much to do. Neither side wanted to lose. It´s our lack of attacking pace that is causing problems. Good debut for Manolev considering he was called up at the last minute. Duff is looking very tired now. I would always start Dejagah. Ruiz only came back from abroad yesterday & looked jet lagged. Berbatov, I´m afraid, is a luxury we can´t afford. If we had a pacy creative MF he would be fine but not with what we have at present.
Where there's a will there's a wife

fulhamking

First of all it is not 3 points droped, but 1 gained today. Both teams went and played with no risks (Norwich, a bit more perhaps). This were the instructions from the managers, I am sure, not to drop points. So....noone is to blame. People should relax, and look forward to the next game.

TheLegendMcbride

It was prety dull, wathced the whole game on live stream, thought a point was fair and a clean sheet a bonus ! COYW  :54:

PokerMatt

Quote from: Boggers on February 09, 2013, 05:01:57 PM

Three points dropped  fp.gif

I didn't realise it was four points for a win these days.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

tslyon

Quote from: PokerMatt on February 09, 2013, 05:14:16 PM
Quote from: Boggers on February 09, 2013, 05:01:57 PM

Three points dropped  fp.gif

I didn't realise it was four points for a win these days.

I too see it as three.  Two more that we should have had for the win, and we allowed a team that we are tied with (minus the goal differential) a point to stay even. But, like fulhamking said, time to move along, nothing to see here...

Fulham_Surrey

My 2cents. Jol needs to put Berba as 9, Ruiz behind him. and then Frimpong, Sidwell, Ubi, Duff midfield.   No point of playing Rodders, he is just staying there.  Need to play just like we did against Arsenal.  Either that or put Petric and for Berba and leave Berba and Rodders on the bench.  Berba is the best finisher but slow in developing the attack.  Play him as 9 or drop him.  Ruiz is fine at 10.  Today perhaps Jol should have thought that he travelled all the way from Panama at mid week.

EJL

Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on February 09, 2013, 06:32:12 PM
My 2cents. Jol needs to put Berba as 9, Ruiz behind him. and then Frimpong, Sidwell, Ubi, Duff midfield.   No point of playing Rodders, he is just staying there.  Need to play just like we did against Arsenal.  Either that or put Petric and for Berba and leave Berba and Rodders on the bench.  Berba is the best finisher but slow in developing the attack.  Play him as 9 or drop him.  Ruiz is fine at 10.  Today perhaps Jol should have thought that he travelled all the way from Panama at mid week.
Ruiz off Berba DOESN'T WORK. The amount of times it has looked good is hugely outweighed by the number of 'nothing' performances.

MJG

Quote from: EJL on February 09, 2013, 07:53:38 PM
Quote from: Fulham_Surrey on February 09, 2013, 06:32:12 PM
My 2cents. Jol needs to put Berba as 9, Ruiz behind him. and then Frimpong, Sidwell, Ubi, Duff midfield.   No point of playing Rodders, he is just staying there.  Need to play just like we did against Arsenal.  Either that or put Petric and for Berba and leave Berba and Rodders on the bench.  Berba is the best finisher but slow in developing the attack.  Play him as 9 or drop him.  Ruiz is fine at 10.  Today perhaps Jol should have thought that he travelled all the way from Panama at mid week.
Ruiz off Berba DOESN'T WORK. The amount of times it has looked good is hugely outweighed by the number of 'nothing' performances.
agree totally. On paper it should be a great front two. Unfortunately it doesn't work and its all too slow in the build up. Ends up against most teams as a six man midfield.

farfouille

I'd like to see Ruiz, Berba and Petric (instead of Dave) in the same team again. I don't care if it's slow - at least it's the best we have.  :022:
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

MJG

Quote from: farfouille on February 09, 2013, 08:49:32 PM
I'd like to see Ruiz, Berba and Petric (instead of Dave) in the same team again. I don't care if it's slow - at least it's the best we have.  :022:
the best players do not always make the best team. I think that's the problem with having those three in the same lineup.
As for the slow remark, its been clear for years we need pace. Especially away from home. Pace these days is essential and I've had it up to here with the slow breakaways we have.

Fulham_Surrey

MJG, I disagree with you.  Berba on top of the attack, first ball to him, he uses one pass to send it to the overlapping fast players (Dejagah, Emanuelson, Kacaclinic, or even Ruiz), and then get Berba to run quickly back into the box.  Jol played like that in Spurs with Lennon and R. Keane coming quickly into the attack.  To me, Jol has to share a lot of the blame when we dont perform.  He is either happy with the slow buildup and lack of shots, or he should try to motivate and instruct the front players better to perform or he tactically he just has a poor game plan.  He should even drop anybody who does not perform. To me Berba needs to be on the top of the attack because he is our best finisher and also brings the others in attack.  If he does not perform, bring Petric in but Rodders is just poor.  He cannot hold the ball long enough and does not pass well and as he is lightweight gets pushed out of position easily by opposing CBs.

jarv

Fulham Surrey. I know Rodders is poor but look what happened when he played v. Newcastle and west Ham....we won!!!!  Much of it down to his effort and pace.
Same comment with critics of Sidwell....without him in midfield those 2 wins would not be on the board. He single handedly battled West ham in midfield, whilst those around him were like a bunch of fairies.
In a relelgation scrap you don't need luxury players who are  slow. You need scrappers. That's what I think anyway. :drums:

MJG

People are never going to agree about Dave. He had what I think were his best two games before today. Brought players into the game and played well.no he's not as skillful as the other three, but he has pace and energy. Sonething they all seem to lack.

I have no problem with Berbatov being the main forward. But he has to realise that's his job and do it. The idea of him getting the ball and one pass wide and him them getting in the box is how it should work..it is not thou.

With him doing that oppo centre half's have a fairly easy game with no one to mark.

Jol I feel is letting Berbatov get away with doing whatever he wants. And he's slowing the game down far too much.