watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Stanislav Manolev

Started by T.G., February 09, 2013, 06:18:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmh

I thought Manolev played pretty well, especially given that (per Jol's post-match interview) it was a last-minute change due to Riether's illness.  That being said, Riise has been playing well since his benching over the holidays and I don't see any reason to drop him for a right-sided player if his form keeps being good.

MaxxiM

Manolev did pretty well. Only few mistakes but showed potential, also going forward. If that's the worst right back I will take it any day.

leonffc

Considering he came with the glowing reference if 'the worst RB in Holland" I was impressed with him.
Riether is obviously top drawer but Manolev is a good back up on that display.

JackyFulham90

Manolev was very impressive certainly better than Kelly unfortunately for him he has Riether infront of him who in my opinion is in the top 5 right backs in the league

Logicalman

Quote from: leonffc on February 10, 2013, 05:02:42 PM
Considering he came with the glowing reference if 'the worst RB in Holland" I was impressed with him.
Riether is obviously top drawer but Manolev is a good back up on that display.

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 10, 2013, 05:13:58 PM
Manolev was very impressive certainly better than Kelly unfortunately for him he has Riether infront of him who in my opinion is in the top 5 right backs in the league

Agree with both of these, and as for Frimpong - I thought he didn't do as bad as some have said, perhaps just a different perspective, but I liked what I saw in both of them.

Oh, and as for the name, I'm gonna call him Stan, just to avoid the obvious.

tomcolemanfry

Thought he did very well, and in the circumstances it happened aswell, a very decent effort from him. Looked stable and confident, and ended up doing most of the running down the wing in the absence of Ruiz.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Burt on February 10, 2013, 02:00:38 PM
Lets put those handbags down please chaps...

You're both entitled to your opinions, and are indeed free to express them, although please do so without the name-calling.

Thanks

Burt

I think the moderators need to think about situations like the above between Lighthouse and PokerMatt. I am with PokerMatt in that threads should stick to the topic and not be used by posters to repeat over and over again their particular digs at a certain player or the manager as Lighthouse does and tomcolmanfry has done against Ruiz.

If posters want to make purely negative remarks about a player then they should use or start a thread on that player, not pollute threads on other players or subjects with their obsessional views.  

Lighthouse

Quote from: Apprentice to the Maestro on February 10, 2013, 08:25:50 PM
Quote from: Burt on February 10, 2013, 02:00:38 PM
Lets put those handbags down please chaps...

You're both entitled to your opinions, and are indeed free to express them, although please do so without the name-calling.

Thanks

Burt

I think the moderators need to think about situations like the above between Lighthouse and PokerMatt. I am with PokerMatt in that threads should stick to the topic and not be used by posters to repeat over and over again their particular digs at a certain player or the manager as Lighthouse does and tomcolmanfry has done against Ruiz.

If posters want to make purely negative remarks about a player then they should use or start a thread on that player, not pollute threads on other players or subjects with their obsessional views.  

The thread topic was about a player making his debut. I said compared to the other player making his debut he did well. Mind you the player who I thought didn't do as well was the sort of player Jol liked. Now there were plenty of other threads today that could be called negative. Some I agree with and some I didn't. Now on this thread I was called a 'bore' for my view. I defended myself.

Do you really want the Mods to get involved with this. Now you use the word 'obsessional' and 'pollute'. These I would suggest are slightly negative words. I don't see you on other threads wanting the Mods to get involved. Are we to be moderated now on our correct thread application to a thread title.

PokerMatt and I had a disagreement. A Mod gave a slight warning. Yet you wish the Mods to now stop threads being polluted with views you consider negative, But only some as you make no comment anywhere else. I enjoy FOF but really it is being polluted by a few who consider any comment but happy positive views a pollution. How bizarre.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Arthur

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 09, 2013, 11:37:38 PM
Well his hurried introduction rather proves how good he is. Let us compare him to Frimpong for instance who looked off the pace and a bit slow. Just the sort of player Jol likes. But Manolev looked very compact and with it. Stuck to his job well.

In the short time since I came to this forum, your moniker has been synonymous with criticism of Jol. That's your prerogative, of course. But, given the manner of the wording and your track record, it's not difficult to see that the opportunity to have another dig at Jol is what underpins your contribution.

TonyGilroy

More navel gazing.

Nothing wrong with people expressing views. Those of us who are considered bores simply shouldn't be read by those who are disinterested.

We all know the regulars' general views and if regulars constantly say the same thing then most others will switch off.

The moderators will normally stamp on those who are abusive or intolerant of others.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Arthur on February 11, 2013, 02:28:31 AM
Well his hurried introduction rather proves how good he is. Let us compare him to Frimpong for instance who looked off the pace and a bit slow. Just the sort of player Jol likes. But Manolev looked very compact and with it. Stuck to his job well.

In the short time since I came to this forum, your moniker has been synonymous with criticism of Jol. That's your prerogative, of course. But, given the manner of the wording and your track record, it's not difficult to see that the opportunity to have another dig at Jol is what underpins your contribution.

To misquote Apprentice to the Maestro - I think the moderators need to think about situations like the ones above. Thread should stick to the topic and not be used by posters to repeat over and over again their particular digs at a certain poster. If posters want to make purely negative remarks against a poster they should start a new thread and not pollute threads on players or subjects with their obsessional views.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Roberty

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 11, 2013, 09:30:36 AM
Quote from: Arthur on February 11, 2013, 02:28:31 AM

To misquote Apprentice to the Maestro - I think the moderators need to think about situations like the ones above. Thread should stick to the topic and not be used by posters to repeat over and over again their particular digs at a certain poster. If posters want to make purely negative remarks against a poster they should start a new thread and not pollute threads on players or subjects with their obsessional views.

I think it is perfectly correct to ask you to justify the comments you frequently make when posting on this board.
There is nothing wrong with reasoned debate or personal comment but I cannot see any evidence for your statement "off the pace and a bit slow. Just the sort of player Jol likes.". That might be your opinion and you are of course entitled to it but I would be sure that you do not know it for the fact that you make it out to be. Of course I may be wrong and you have bugged the Motspur Park cat in which case please let us know the source of this font of information you have. I suspect not though and that this is in fact a continuation of the diatribe you spout against the players at and management of our club on this board.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

TonyGilroy

FFS this isn't a legal forum or courtroom.

Let people state an opinion however they like and then agree, disagree or ignore.

Assume that most of us are simply opinionated Fulham supporters expressing honest opinions.

Of course we don't KNOW what Jol is thinking or planning or what is said in private meetings.

Berserker

I'm going to lock this thread now and the Moderators will consider all suggestions put forward.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

LBNo11

...based on Tony Gilroy's pertinent point it seems appropriate to shut this sideswipe tennis match down.

A message board that only has one point of view - i.e. one that the reader agrees with will be a very boring place. Obsessions with facts and data and opinions goes both ways...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC