News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

how did did each player do individually today?

Started by MikeCdawg, February 09, 2013, 07:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeCdawg

first time in a  while ive missed a fulham game because of work. i want to know how each player did individually with a brief statement haha. Cheers fellow FOF's! :scarf:

jarv

everyone gets a 6 except Berb and Ruiz....2 out of 10 and Jol left them on the pitch.  Basically, Ruiz is not good enough for this league, he has had 2 seasons now to adjust. Berb just plain lazy. Not worth a fraction of his wages.

cmg

So, you would like a brief report on the players involved in today's terrible disaster, when we were, of the Premier League sides playing today, the only outfit other than Arsenal to get an away point and the only away side to keep a clean sheet? OK then, here goes.

[Health Warning: Please be aware that I am one of those odd people who believe Berbatov and Ruiz to be among our best players and that Jol is, generally speaking, doing a decent job.]

Norwich were not an impressive side, and, for a home side, played without much conviction. They had a good deal of possession, but didn't present much threat. Their supporters have much more reason for disgruntlement (?) than ours (apart from the usual chronic depressives.)

Schwarzer: competent and reliable. One fine save, one weakish punch just before the end.

Manolev: encouraging debut. Good defensively. Fitted in well. No attacking threat. Took a yellow for the team

Senderos: (whisper) pretty good

Hangeland: back to near his usual form

Sidwell: excellent (within his limitations)

Frimpong: interesting. Strong defensively but gave the ball away quite often. Seemed a little unsure positionally. Looked inexperienced (which he is) and collected a clumsy yellow. Needs time. Would benefit from being loaned out to another Prem club where he can gain experience and where his mistakes won't hurt his owners...oh, hang on a minute - that just what Arsenal have done.

Riise: best game for a while. Not much going forward, but defensively sound

Duff: drifted in and out of the game, seemed to lack support.

Ruiz: had his poorest game for a while. tended to lose possession and his passing was unusually innaccurate. Came nearer to scoring than anyone, though.

Berbatov: also had one of his poorer games, although he was still our most creative player. Again drifted back into some deeper positions, but this time lost or wasted possession more than is usual.

Rodellega: I know some like his effort, and he did run aroud a lot. I don't think he really contributed anything, though.

Emanuelson (sub): looked like he has a lot to offer. He should start.

As has been the case all season our lack of midfield creativity means that we are slow and too easy to counter in mounting attacks. It was a good defensive job and a decent point. Attractive it wasn't.

Berbasilk_111

Wow a Ruiz hater? Havnt heard from those ones in a while....

Aaron

Quote from: cmg on February 09, 2013, 09:27:51 PM
So, you would like a brief report on the players involved in today's terrible disaster, when we were, of the Premier League sides playing today, the only outfit other than Arsenal to get an away point and the only away side to keep a clean sheet?

It's a point away from home, yes.  But given our recent run (well, the last week anyway) of form I think we dared to dream.  

Regardless this whole observation that nobody else but Arsenal got a point on the road today is irrelevant and frankly annoying.  This is still a game we should have been able (and tried) to win.

cmg

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on February 09, 2013, 09:38:43 PM
Wow a Ruiz hater? Havnt heard from those ones in a while....

Just for my own peace of mind perhaps you would be kind enough to reply either 1,2 or 3, as appropriate.

1. Your comment is intended humourously (in which case I apologise for being so slow on the uptake)

2. My written English is of insufficient clarity as to be fully comprehensible

3. You didn't, in fact, read my post before you replied

Thanks

Mladens Nan

I thought Manolev looked out of position most of the time.. I know he can play RM too but I am glad he is just backup to Riether. Frimpong looked okay, less of a holding role than i expected.. Everyone else was same old same old etc Duff who barely contributed and Senderos who is currently justifying his place in the team!!

Snibbo

Quote from: cmg on February 09, 2013, 09:27:51 PM

As has been the case all season our lack of midfield creativity means that we are slow and too easy to counter in mounting attacks. It was a good defensive job and a decent point. Attractive it wasn't.
Thanks. Useful summary for someone, like me, who missed the game. You should do a regular one.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: jarv on February 09, 2013, 08:01:34 PM
everyone gets a 6 except Berb and Ruiz....2 out of 10 and Jol left them on the pitch.  Basically, Ruiz is not good enough for this league, he has had 2 seasons now to adjust. Berb just plain lazy. Not worth a fraction of his wages.

1 out of 10 for this post.

FC Silver Fox

Actually CMG, I thought that was a pretty fair summary.
However, I did feel frustrated that we couldn't beat a team that really didn't pose a lot of threat.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

SP

Didn't see the game but sounds as though both managers were happy to settle for a point & nudge a little closer to safety.

Berbasilk_111

Was quoting jarv.. Not you CMG, you make some good points

cmg

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on February 09, 2013, 11:10:28 PM
Was quoting jarv.. Not you CMG, you make some good points

Thanks for clearing that up. Thought I was going loopy(-er)

Having just watched it again on Sky (glutton for punishment), I'd have to say we played some neat football - but, as so often, without a cutting edge. Rodellega was more involved than I had first thought, although without much end product.

It was Sidwell, not Ruiz (although the shot that almost took Bassong's head off woulld have probably gone in), that came closest to scoring.
Emanuelson looked even better at second viewing.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: FC Silver Fox on February 09, 2013, 10:27:14 PM
However, I did feel frustrated that we couldn't beat a team that really didn't pose a lot of threat.

I'm guessing Norwich fans feel the same way ;)

Basil

Thought our centre backs were our stand out performers. Was saying before game both teams would have settled for a point and when this is case draw often happens. If our main priority for rest of season is to stay up yesterday was an ok day.