more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Match review

Started by Bassey the warrior, February 09, 2013, 09:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

The good:
Senderos and Hangeland starting to form a formidable partnership with Hangeland back to his best form. Sidwell was outstanding. Frimpong looked good before he faded. Emanuelson looked Dembele-esque and played some lovely long passes. Team looked very solid defensively as we have done the past three games (since Senderos returned make of that what you will). Berbatov actually made runs into the penalty box.
An away point as our relegation rivals all dropped points. Manolev was solid.

The bad:
Rodallega was no threat, Rodallega got no service, Duff was invisible, Ruiz only turned up an hour into the game, Jol got his subs wrong; should've brought off Duff and Ruiz, should've brought on Karagounis and played Emanuelson further forward. I'd have brought on Emanuelson or Kaca for Duff, Dejagah or Emanuelson for Ruiz and Kara for Frimpong. We carried very little actual threat.

Rupert

The good- we kept our first clean sheet since Gordon Brown was ousted as PM. Or is it even longer than that?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Rupert on February 09, 2013, 09:56:46 PM
The good- we kept our first clean sheet since Gordon Brown was ousted as PM. Or is it even longer than that?

Fifth clean sheet this season.

JackyFulham90

I thought there were many positives

Senderos & Hangeland had great games
Manolev came in & did well
Frimpong looked good
Emanuelson looks some player

Negatives for me were we didn't offer an attacking threat often enough
Dejagah & Karagounis should have come on earlier

Still 12th place 8 points above the bottom 3 with a home game against Stoke to come

Lighthouse

My frustration is we can be a good attacking side. I know this because we showed it against West Ham and Man Utd. Yes we have problems but we are ok in the so called transition period. But I don't understand why we are so negative away. Jol spots the problems after the game, yet I agree his subs did nothing to correct it.

Wasn't that taken with Frimpong. Far too Etuhuish for me. But after one game it is hard to be too critical. Manolev I thought did very well. Although without a fast player in front of him we lacked ideas going forward.

I just think the team was not the team to exploit a poor Norwich.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffc73

The Ugly.  We were and got a point.

Berbatov actually made runs into the penalty box?  I recall once such saunter and I nearly feel off my seat in surprise

Alan

Quote from: The Moose on February 09, 2013, 10:05:08 PM
Quote from: Rupert on February 09, 2013, 09:56:46 PM

Fifth clean sheet this season.

The last of which being at The Dog Track, & unless I'm much mistaken, Mr Senderos played in that match, too...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

the nutflush

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 10, 2013, 09:27:07 AM
I thought there were many positives

Senderos & Hangeland had great games
Manolev came in & did well
Frimpong looked good
Emanuelson looks some player

Negatives for me were we didn't offer an attacking threat often enough
Dejagah & Karagounis should have come on earlier

Still 12th place 8 points above the bottom 3 with a home game against Stoke to come

I cant work out why Emanuelson didnt start.  And I would have liked to see Dejagah come on earlier too.  We need a sharp injection of pace.

Rupert

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Berserker

To be honest i'm glad our defending seems a bit better now
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

The good - a point away from home, rather than no points.

jmh

Quote from: the nutflush on February 10, 2013, 10:14:12 AM
I cant work out why Emanuelson didnt start.
I think maybe he's not match fit yet.  Before we brought him over, he played 70 minutes on January 9th, and before that not at all since December 13th.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Berserker on February 10, 2013, 11:10:14 AM
To be honest i'm glad our defending seems a bit better now

Me too. Strange as it may sound I think Senderos is the missing link, we're much better at linking defence to midfield with him alongside Hangeland and Hughes has been out of form for a while. He's on the decline.
Schwarzer has also returned to great form, the threat of being dropped for Stekelenburg has made him up his game.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 10, 2013, 09:47:45 AM
My frustration is we can be a good attacking side. I know this because we showed it against West Ham and Man Utd. Yes we have problems but we are ok in the so called transition period. But I don't understand why we are so negative away. Jol spots the problems after the game, yet I agree his subs did nothing to correct it.

Wasn't that taken with Frimpong. Far too Etuhuish for me. But after one game it is hard to be too critical. Manolev I thought did very well. Although without a fast player in front of him we lacked ideas going forward.

I just think the team was not the team to exploit a poor Norwich.

Frimpong actually played forward passes and got beyond the half way line, like Etuhu he made too many cynical fouls but he looks short of match fitness.