more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Bryan Ruiz is Utter Tosh

Started by Toshes Fag Packet, February 10, 2013, 11:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grandad

Quote from: St Eve on February 10, 2013, 02:11:52 PM
When we first got Dembele we heard nothing but criticism. "too greedy" "can't shoot" etc. Ruiz is probably our most talented player and once we work out his best position he too will be sold for 15 million and everyone will complain again

:plus one:
Where there's a will there's a wife

RaySmith

Yes, a lot of people used to say Dembele was a luxury player - a lot of skill with no end result - then JOL changed his role.

Ruiz is a top player, with that extra bit of class, but for whatever reason, maybe isn't always played in his best position.

Though, I still think he is far more effective for us than many say.

When he was out injured everyone was saying  how much we need him.

Riverside

Ruiz has been great at times . Normally at 10

Sadly the issue here is we have 2 very talented 10s

Sadly I think we should be playing Ruiz or Berba . By alternating we can also keep fresh ? Would competition generate hunger as well ? Or would Berba sulk ?

Berbasilk_111

Why doesnt Jol just acknowledge the fact that Berbatov will not stay up front and stick him as a permanent number 10, and let Ruiz play in front of him, who IMO is probably more likely to adhere to tactical instructions and stay in the box

Bassey the warrior

He has adapted, he's just out of form. Suffering from complacency. He should be dropped.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Could this thread be merged with the other 97 "Ruiz is utter tosh" threads?

And while we are at it could it be merged with the very similar "Berbatov is utter tosh" and "Jol is utter tosh" threads because they all start with WUMming abuse and shed little light on our situation.

NogoodBoyo

Hello Tosh, got a Toshiba?
Nogood "ad from the eighties, isit" Boyo

MaxxiM

Ruiz looked out of form yesterday. May be too tired after the trip. Hope this gets fixed in the next 2 weeks.

YankeeJim

Some here just have to have someone to blame. With some players, it eventually ends as it did for Baird & Demblele and hopefully soon for Senderos. Others no such luck. What was that guy's name with the 20+ goals? Ruiz is a talented player but really needs to be in the middle. Last year he was slated because he was constantly pushed off the ball. He spent the off season in the weight room and largely negated that charge.  No one is perfect except those half dozen who always seem to be starting this type thread.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

A Humble Man

Get Berbatov and Ruiz in the box where they can score goals.  They both waste too much time in midfield and give lesser players the task of scoring the goals. 

If I can see it why can't Jol?
We Are Fulham, Believe.

nose

Ruiz has had three extremely poor performances in a row. Anyone else would be dropped for less, except obviously berba who could take a sleeping bag on the pitch, have a 90 minute nap and still be picked in the next game.
I think his (Ruiz) tendancy to hold the ball to long, and always bneed to turn at least once when in possesion means that he gives the ball away far too often, far too cheaply. He is becoming  a liability because he hasn't adapted at all well.

jol is not helping becaue he won't drop him so he has no need to change.

we played well against man utd without berba, to me it is either berba or ruiz, we can only afford one such eratic player. actually i would drop both for about 6 matches, i think they are both lacking focus.

Bassey the warrior

I think Jol is well aware of the similiarity between Ruiz and Berbatov. It's my belief that he wants to play an ultra fluid system where the two of them can frequently swap roles. Last year it worked well with Dembele, Ruiz and Dempsey all frequently swapping positions.
Ruiz and Berbatov are probably our two best finishers, better than Petric even. So it's frustrating that they don't get forward enough. I wish Jol would be more forceful about that. If we can get them to aim to get in the box more frequently we'll shoot up the table, big if though.

tomcolemanfry

Ruiz is only playing badly because of where Jol has him playing at the moment. We need him back playing behind the striker, but then Berbatov likes to come back and get the ball and that then leaves no one up top to chase.

Ideally, I look forward to the abuse I'll get for this, I would like to Berbatov dropped for good, with Ruiz playing behind Petric up top, and working off Emmaneulson and Duff on the wings.

Berbasilk_111

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 10, 2013, 06:53:51 PM
Get Berbatov and Ruiz in the box where they can score goals.  They both waste too much time in midfield and give lesser players the task of scoring the goals. 

Simple as that

MasterHaynes

Quote from: nose on February 10, 2013, 06:55:46 PM
Ruiz has had three extremely poor performances in a row. Anyone else would be dropped for less, except obviously berba who could take a sleeping bag on the pitch, have a 90 minute nap and still be picked in the next game.
I think his (Ruiz) tendancy to hold the ball to long, and always bneed to turn at least once when in possesion means that he gives the ball away far too often, far too cheaply. He is becoming  a liability because he hasn't adapted at all well.

jol is not helping becaue he won't drop him so he has no need to change.

we played well against man utd without berba, to me it is either berba or ruiz, we can only afford one such eratic player. actually i would drop both for about 6 matches, i think they are both lacking focus.
Again I must have been watching a different game , Ruiz played badly against UTD, really? even Fergusson acknowledged his peformance. Dropping both for 6 games, is this a wind up or wishful thinking on behalf of the 6 teams fighting it out at the bottom??

Jimpav

So along with Dembele, Johnson (Andy) and Berbatov, we can add Ruiz to the list of big name signings that are not good enough to wear the White of Fulham.

I'm sure we can pick up DJ Campbell on the cheap in June.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on February 10, 2013, 08:16:55 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on February 10, 2013, 06:53:51 PM

Simple as that

Then who will create the chances from the middle?

JackyFulham90

Berbatov & Ruiz shouldn't be in the same team they play the same role Jol needs to stop fitting them both in, if Berbatov is his man Ruiz needs to hit the bench

Scrumpy

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 10, 2013, 10:38:46 PM
Berbatov & Ruiz shouldn't be in the same team they play the same role Jol needs to stop fitting them both in, if Berbatov is his man Ruiz needs to hit the bench
Agreed. One or the other.  But it would be Berba on the bench for me. I think Ruiz does much more for the team than Berba does.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

epsomraver

Quote from: Scrumpy on February 10, 2013, 10:59:40 PM
Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 10, 2013, 10:38:46 PM
Agreed. One or the other.  But it would be Berba on the bench for me. I think Ruiz does much more for the team than Berba does.