Previous topic - Next topic

Toshes Fag Packet

:031:
Hasnt adapted to our league,time to cut our losses and get
what we can for him in the summer..Dutch or Belgian league would
suit him down to the ground...Get Rid..

Lighthouse

Jol hasn't adapted to our league.

Ruiz is a great player but not on a wing with no player to pass to except Rodders who is given stupid balls to chase.

Jol has two of the most talented players in the Prem. Yet still hasn't realised they need PACE PACE PACE alongside them. We have the players but not a manager.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

If your Toshes Fag Packet is Tosh a good thing then  :dft011:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Berbasilk_111

It's not the league, it's more the way the team is set up doesn't suit him, in which case responsibility falls on the manager

Toshes Fag Packet

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on February 10, 2013, 11:46:22 AM
It's not the league, it's more the way the team is set up doesn't suit him, in which case responsibility falls on the manager

Sorry cant see that,waste of money...

Toshes Fag Packet

When your out on the park,regardless how your manager sets  it all up you
have to use your brains sometimes...
His decision making(Ruiz)baffles me sometimes..

Barrie

Generally true, IMO.  Too often he seems to want to dwell on the ball or take another touch, slowing play down unnecessarily, and losing possession.   Yet sometimes he puts in a display and shows the pace, strength and incisiveness that makes me think he can cut it in this league.  Really frustrates me.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

People, for a very long time,  said Dembele was a 'luxury' player until we had the luxury to play him in the correct position .
The same applies to Ruiz, he is a class player playing out of position, and it appears that he is under instruction not to tackle while they are working on his short leg problem .......................Just My opinion .  

God The Mechanic

He's set up as many goals as anyone else in the squad this year, hardly a waste of money.

DiegoFulham

Quote from: Toshes Fag Packet on February 10, 2013, 11:40:06 AM
:031:
Hasnt adapted to our league,time to cut our losses and get
what we can for him in the summer..Dutch or Belgian league would
suit him down to the ground...Get Rid..

did you watch him at Arsenal? he was amazing.
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

Burt

Look... Some folk always need a scapegoat, and as Senderos has been behaving himself recently the baton has been passed on...

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Burt on February 10, 2013, 12:40:45 PM
Look... Some folk always need a scapegoat, and as Senderos has been behaving himself recently the baton has been passed on...

:plus one:

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

MasterHaynes

I'm obviously watching a completely different game. He made a couple of poor passing decision - who didn't yesterday as Norwich pressed well, but he held the ball well, wrong footed the players chasing him, often held the ball giving time to others to make runs into space. He also made a number of tackles where he effortlessly robbed the ball off players very Dembele like. I think Burt is spot on with his assessment, we didn't concede so can't have a go at Senderos but we didn't score so must be Ruiz's fault

jarv

Seems like a poll on Ruiz is about 50/50.  I dont doubt his talent but he does get caught in possesion and he does seem to give the ball away too much. (anyone got yesterdays stats on him) He has had 2 years to adjust and that does not seem to be happening. This I find to be the most worrying aspect of his play, getting knocked off the ball too easily.  (ie caught in possesion)
Given his age, Fulham should keep him a bit longer and see if Jol can find his most productive place. (and some pace to help him out).

TonyGilroy

The only sensible position to play Ruiz is just behind a striker.

The only sensible position to play Berbatov is just behind a striker.

If we play both the only workable formation is 4-3-2-1 - the Christmas tree. That means no wingers but we now have the personnel for the midfield 3 and full backs who are effective going forward.

That's what I'd do.

Berbasilk_111

I think up front, he is obviously a very good finisher, he comes very close to scoring every week....maybe Jol can turn him into Fulham's Michu...

God The Mechanic

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 10, 2013, 01:06:46 PM

The only sensible position to play Ruiz is just behind a striker.

The only sensible position to play Berbatov is just behind a striker.

If we play both the only workable formation is 4-3-2-1 - the Christmas tree. That means no wingers but we now have the personnel for the midfield 3 and full backs who are effective going forward.

That's what I'd do.

Every day can be Christmas!

Matt Inglis

Ruiz is normally given a free role by Jol. This means when he picks up the ball he is pressurised differently every time, he needs to learn when he can stop and look up and when he just needs to move it on. But let's be honest, he's been very productive on paper this season, he's very good for us IMO.
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

JackyFulham90

He is a number 10 he should only play that role if Jol can't fit him in there as he wants Berbatov there then Ruiz should be on the bench

St Eve

When we first got Dembele we heard nothing but criticism. "too greedy" "can't shoot" etc. Ruiz is probably our most talented player and once we work out his best position he too will be sold for 15 million and everyone will complain again