watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

A good summary, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for them

Started by SP, February 10, 2013, 07:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Have had 24 hours to reflect. I really thought heading down to Swansea we'd get something. But as soon as I saw the side I had a bad feeling. Redknapp again set the team up not to lose. But as we all know Swansea are a good side if you give them time on the ball. I watched the highlights of their game against West Ham and saw that if you press them high and get in their faces, then you've got a chance. But we didn't do this and just allowed them the ball as we dropped back and back and it was inevitable when they got their first goal. There were mistakes all over the pitch by the players. We have a side who can stop other sides playing, but we don't have a side to win games which is what we desperately need. None of the Swansea team are grafters like Mackie and Derry. They all have quality. They are all good on the ball.

Watching Rangers now is like watching a close family member passing away. You have hope they will pull through, but you know deep down they won't. We are dying a slow and painful death, sadly. Recent games have given us false hope. But our demise started 18 months ago. Every big decision the board has had to make we have really ballsed up on. We need to get back to basics. We need to find out as soon as we can which players want to jump ship and which ones will want to help us get back up. We won't stay up now I'm afraid. I am dreading the Championship. I hate that league. I hate the towns we have to visit. I dread to think how we will get on in that league. Our players won't be up for the graft of games every Sat/Tue.

Having been to the forum the other night I really don't think Redknapp will stay, so it leaves the question which manager out there do we get? We will no doubt see some players leave, but we will be stuck with a number of players on big wages who aren't exactly going to listen to a 'small name' manager.

The board need to come up with a strategy how we will proceed. We don't have any idea of what our tactics should be. We buy players at random and just hope they can fit into any old system. Swansea have a system and buy players who will seamlessly fit in.

Nigel Adkins might be worth a shot if he is still available. The next few months are not going to be enjoyable for Rangers fans. I have visions of us being relegated at Fulham and can see Cardiff replacing us. The irony after we basically went up at their place on St George's Day.

I feel for Fernandes as he has given it a real go. His biggest mistake I feel was in some ways the appointment of Beard. Fernandez and Amit have so many business interests around the world that Beard effectively runs the club on a day to day basis. He came across very naive at the Fans Forum and perhaps his appointment showed his naivety of someone with no football experience.

Would just be nice if for one day we could all go to work on a Monday morning having enjoyed 3 points on the weekend. Think it's going to be a good while again before we get that feeling back.

YankeeJim

Feeling sorry? I remember the last time Norwich went down. They were way behind on the fatal day and the Norwich fans all stood up and sang as the camera panned acrossed them. There were few dry eyes. If Rangers has fans like that then I feel for them but as to the group of mercenaries both on the pitch and in the office.............live by the sword, die by the sword.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.