watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Berbatov and Ruiz

Started by M i c K Y x FFC, February 11, 2013, 07:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M i c K Y x FFC

Does anyone agree with me that Berbatov and Ruiz deserve to be dropped. They are only playing at the moment because of their names. Berbatov moans at everyone all game and doesn't put in any effort. Ruiz is a very weak player, who gets out muscelled every game, and to be honest, is not a premier league player. The game is too quick and hard for him. I would rather see Petric partnered with Rodallega and Emanuelson on the wing instead of Ruiz. Both of them, along with a lot of the team, should move on, because they aren't helping us progress, they are dragging us back.

Sheepskin Junior

Duff Sidwell Emanuelson Kacaniklic
Petric
Rodallega
Youngest ever member. Just saying.

@LouieJW2507

MJG

Jol needs to find a formation that gets the best out of them. If he can't do that then out of the two I would drop Ruiz.
But its not going to happen. These are Jol's two key signings and they will start no matter what.

God The Mechanic

Ruiz is the most likely player in the team to create a chance for someone else and Berba for himself.

farfouille

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on February 11, 2013, 07:39:42 AM
Does anyone agree with me that Berbatov and Ruiz deserve to be dropped. They are only playing at the moment because of their names. Berbatov moans at everyone all game and doesn't put in any effort. Ruiz is a very weak player, who gets out muscelled every game, and to be honest, is not a premier league player. The game is too quick and hard for him. I would rather see Petric partnered with Rodallega and Emanuelson on the wing instead of Ruiz. Both of them, along with a lot of the team, should move on, because they aren't helping us progress, they are dragging us back.

If you had suggested to drop Riether as well, I would just know that you want to drop our best players.  :)

I think there are 2 problems:
1. Our best attacking players (Berba and Ruiz) are both second strikers.
2. We need a quick finisher and, unfortunately, we only have Rodallega (who is quick) and Petric (who is a finisher).

I just hope Jol finds the right solution. And I believe he will very soon.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

fulhamking

I just want to remind you that Berbatov became goalscorer of the Premier League when he was playing as a main striker (for half a season,mind)...he should be playing there. The problem is that Ruiz, while very creative, is also not very quick. The middfield, most importantly the wingers untill now, has been quite weak, which pushes Berba and Ruiz to drop too deap. I think Urby is the answer. Mark my words, you will see it against Stoke ;)

epsomraver

Did not go to Norwich but in the last two games I saw at the cottage Ruiz was poor and got caught in possession  so many times, he always seems to run into a crowd and he is easily muscled off the ball. He and Berbatov are not our best players by a long chalk, on paper perhaps but not on the pitch

TonyGilroy

Lack of effort isn't the problem with either Ruiz or Berbatov.

I just think they need to play further forward maybe as the front two or behind a striker in a wingless formation.

Hopefully we now have good enough midfielders to protect the defence and provide some decent service.

I'd go 4-3-2-1 with real choice for the 3 with maybe even Diarra coming into the mix.

farfouille

Quote from: epsomraver on February 11, 2013, 10:29:01 AM
Did not go to Norwich but in the last two games I saw at the cottage Ruiz was poor and got caught in possession  so many times, he always seems to run into a crowd and he is easily muscled off the ball. He and Berbatov are not our best players by a long chalk, on paper perhaps but not on the pitch

Then I wonder who are our best attacking players? Duff and Petric?
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

King_Crud

Danny

Quote from: fulhamking on February 11, 2013, 10:08:32 AM
I just want to remind you that Berbatov became goalscorer of the Premier League when he was playing as a main striker (for half a season,mind)...he should be playing there. The problem is that Ruiz, while very creative, is also not very quick. The midfield, most importantly the wingers untill now, has been quite weak, which pushes Berba and Ruiz to drop too deep. I think Urby is the answer. Mark my words, you will see it against Stoke ;)

I am fully agree with You.

JustOverTheRiver

I am beginning to lose patience with Berbatovs arrogance. We played really well against United (the second time) without him in the squad.  He is a class act and I love having him at Fulham but when he is ineffective and lazy it frustrates me no end. 

Lighthouse

Both are very good players. But they need players around them with speed. Otherwise they drop deep and make our play very pedestrian.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

mangoputney

Quote from: JustOverTheRiver on February 11, 2013, 11:40:37 AM
I am beginning to lose patience with Berbatovs arrogance. We played really well against United (the second time) without him in the squad.  He is a class act and I love having him at Fulham but when he is ineffective and lazy it frustrates me no end.  

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

epsomraver

Quote from: farfouille on February 11, 2013, 10:35:57 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on February 11, 2013, 10:29:01 AM
Did not go to Norwich but in the last two games I saw at the cottage Ruiz was poor and got caught in possession  so many times, he always seems to run into a crowd and he is easily muscled off the ball. He and Berbatov are not our best players by a long chalk, on paper perhaps but not on the pitch

Then I wonder who are our best attacking players? Duff and Petric?

If you had suggested to drop Riether as well, I would just know that you want to drop our best players.  :)  where do you mention the word attacking? you are saying they are the best players full stop, well I have news for you, they are not.

Baider

Would like to see

Diarra Sidwell
Emanuelson Berbatov  Kacaniklic
                 Ruiz

Personally, Emanuelson is lost in CM, when he came on against Norwich, he always looked too deep whenever we attacked, I wanted the ball to be played into Em for a bit of pace/drive but he would always be on the edge of half-way

farfouille

Quote from: epsomraver on February 11, 2013, 11:46:07 AM
where do you mention the word attacking?

I mentioned it in the same post - I thought you were commenting that.
Anyway, I think that Berba and Ruiz are not only our best attacking players, but also our best players. So yes - that's news for me.
- Rene Meulensteen

JustOverTheRiver

Quote from: Baider on February 11, 2013, 11:50:48 AM
Would like to see

Diarra Sidwell
Emanuelson Berbatov  Kacaniklic
                  Ruiz

Personally, Emanuelson is lost in CM, when he came on against Norwich, he always looked too deep whenever we attacked, I wanted the ball to be played into Em for a bit of pace/drive but he would always be on the edge of half-way

Ruiz wouldn't look to comfortable being up top on his own.

epsomraver

Quote from: farfouille on February 11, 2013, 12:16:42 PM

Anyway, I think that Berba and Ruiz are not only our best attacking players, but also our best players. So yes - that's news for me.

Perhaps I need to sit where you do then because they are not from where I sit, Reither and Sidwell have been our best players by far, Berbatov was lazy and couldn't be bothered and Ruiz I have already commented on

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on February 11, 2013, 12:40:38 PM
Quote from: farfouille on February 11, 2013, 12:16:42 PM

Perhaps I need to sit where you do then because they are not from where I sit, Reither and Sidwell have been our best players by far, Berbatov was lazy and couldn't be bothered and Ruiz I have already commented on

Just to get this straight, your putting Sidwell in the same bracket as Ruiz and Berbatov in terms of who is a better player (yes that was the argument) and you're trying to belittle farfouille view by saying you should sit where he is sitting? Sidwell in the middle is actually part of the problem, he was asked to step up and be more creative but he's just a workhorse with a lack of creativity and technical passing skill. We have them in abundance but lack the neat play in the middle to link it all.