watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Loan rules

Started by Jambo, February 11, 2013, 10:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jambo

Still think its a joke that a club like West Brom are allowed to loan a striker from a club in the same league that cost £17m to play against all the parent club rivals!  West Ham with Carroll the same.  No loans between clubs in the same league should be allowed, simple.
We all see the game differently, FoF has taught me that.

@jambohunt

http://jameshuntbw.blogspot.co.uk/

Deanothefulhamfan

What a great player he is....  Dont agree with your post though, it allows the big clubs to give some of the young players with potential, a chance to gain premier league expierience....

Walsh

Man City will loan us a brand new team next year to challenge the likes of United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs, all banned from playing against Man City.

FFC1987

Quote from: Jambo on February 11, 2013, 10:18:46 PM
Still think its a joke that a club like West Brom are allowed to loan a striker from a club in the same league that cost £17m to play against all the parent club rivals!  West Ham with Carroll the same.  No loans between clubs in the same league should be allowed, simple.

Why is it a bad thing though? I'm not keen on doing it as I'd rather buy a player and get them to blend in but options like this don't harm anyone really apart from the parent club who are stupid enough to not put a clause in. I think the club that does it if they aren't seriously intending to buy or are desperate should give more playing time to a youth IMO

In the Enclosure

Question is why weren't we bidding to get him on loan from Chelsea ?
At the time the deal was done Dembele was still with us so could have provided the
natural intoduction / Belgian bonding. Recall seeing Dembele and and the previous young Chelsea loanee that we had Kakuta ? (French winger?)
hanging out together after training doing extra practice at Motspur park and then sharing a car home.

Probably because we wouldn't guarantee to play the young Belgian lad
and Jol was concentrating on getting Berbatov.

Logicalman

Sorry, I still don't see the big deal. All teams have the same opportunity, and loans allow teams such as ours to play some of the better players in this, and other leagues, without having to fork out the transfer dosh up front.

nose

the loan system was set up to help teams in crisis. It is clearly being abused and the idea of lending players to teams in the same division is self evidently absurd.
I think it high time this practice was put a stop to, loaning players for very short 'crisis' periods to teams in other divisions should still be possible.

JackyFulham90

The loan system saved us this January, if only we could have signed Lukaku, brilliant player!

RaySmith

We were linked with him, but he went to WBA because of the Chelsea connections of the manager.

I don't know if it is fair - a player like that, who West Brom could never afford, is really helping them against Prem rivals who aren't able to get that quality of player on loan - though we've got Emmanuelson from Roma, and maybe he'll do a  great job for us.

fulhamben

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on February 11, 2013, 10:32:36 PM
What a great player he is....  Dont agree with your post though, it allows the big clubs to give some of the young players with potential, a chance to gain premier league expierience....
personally think it allows big clubs to hoard all the best young talennt whilst getting other clubs to do their dirty work. it also keeps their players who they have no intention of playing yet happy.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Jambo

Just to try an answer where I'm coming from on this.  The 25 man squad rule was brought in to stop clubs stock hoarding talent.  How is fair that Chelsea can buy a player for £17m that they have no intention of playing but will loan him out so he can play against their rivals but of course not them??  Conflict of interest??  I wasn't criticising the whole loan system obviously it does serve a purpose, my problem is the loaning between clubs in the same league, in our case it would have only effected Frimpong.

Talking of loop holes Watford have 12 players on loan, 9 from from one club!

@jambohunt

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Jambo on February 12, 2013, 06:48:43 PM
Just to try an answer where I'm coming from on this.  The 25 man squad rule was brought in to stop clubs stock hoarding talent.  How is fair that Chelsea can buy a player for £17m that they have no intention of playing but will loan him out so he can play against their rivals but of course not them??  Conflict of interest??  I wasn't criticising the whole loan system obviously it does serve a purpose, my problem is the loaning between clubs in the same league, in our case it would have only effected Frimpong.

the Watford situation as Holloway rightly pointed out the other night is disgraceful, no way should you be allowed to have that many players on loan let alone that many players from the same club.

fulhamben

totally agree, except for the frimpong bit. he is out of contract in the summer and by the looks of it arsenal have no intention of signing him on for longer, so in my eyes he is on loan to secure a future in football as opposed to giving arsenal an advantage when he plays against their rivals. so i reckon no loans between prem clubs unless they are near the end of their contract .

Jambo

Quote from: Enter the Frei on February 12, 2013, 06:56:16 PM
Just to try an answer where I'm coming from on this.  The 25 man squad rule was brought in to stop clubs stock hoarding talent.  How is fair that Chelsea can buy a player for £17m that they have no intention of playing but will loan him out so he can play against their rivals but of course not them??  Conflict of interest??  I wasn't criticising the whole loan system obviously it does serve a purpose, my problem is the loaning between clubs in the same league, in our case it would have only effected Frimpong.

the Watford situation as Holloway rightly pointed out the other night is disgraceful, no way should you be allowed to have that many players on loan let alone that many players from the same club.

I think English rules state that you can only have a maximum of 2 (might be 3) players from 1 club other English.  But unlimited from abroad!!!  Crazy.

@jambohunt

copthornemike

If I recall correctly did Fulham try to get Lukaku on loan as well but some reason WBA were successful?

Jambo

Quote from: copthornemike on February 12, 2013, 07:26:32 PM
If I recall correctly did Fulham try to get Lukaku on loan as well but some reason WBA were successful?

Steve Clarke link with Chelsea helped

@jambohunt

fulhamben

Quote from: Jambo on February 12, 2013, 07:38:12 PM
Quote from: copthornemike on February 12, 2013, 07:26:32 PM

Steve Clarke link with Chelsea helped
didnt we ant a season long loan aswell, but westbrom offered 6 months with another 6 months if they didnt need him back in january