watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mark Schwarzer wanting to leave?

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 12, 2013, 12:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

I don't get you Fulham fans. Mark has been nothing but fantastic for us and you still complain and bitch about him. Remember he is world class! Not good, world class keeper... He has saved us thousands of times! Stockdale this Stockdale that. If he was not born in England you wouldn't be wanting him to take over!

MJG

Quote from: JIMMY D on February 12, 2013, 09:51:16 PM
I don't get you Fulham fans. Mark has been nothing but fantastic for us and you still complain and bitch about him. Remember he is world class! Not good, world class keeper... He has saved us thousands of times! Stockdale this Stockdale that. If he was not born in England you wouldn't be wanting him to take over!
Stockdale being English has nothing to do with it from my pov. Its about looking at the bigger picture last summer and that's why I would have gone for a new no1.
We now reach this summer where I suspect Stockdale will look to move on after being pissed about and Mark will only stay if he's no1. So instead of looking for maybe 1 gk this summer, the scenario I saw last year is going to happen. We possibly need to find two keepers this summer.

EJL

Schwarzer is no longer the world class keeper you make him out to be.

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Terry Angus

Quote from: EJL on February 12, 2013, 10:07:52 PM

still a class above fatboy stockdale

HatterDon

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 12, 2013, 02:09:16 PM
I think Schwarzer is a great keeper but I hope to see us start with a new younger number 1 next season, I like Stockdale but don't think he will ever be regular number 1 for a team like us

What exactly is "a team like us" in this context?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HatterDon

Quote from: Arthur on February 12, 2013, 07:48:51 PM
Quote from: The Moose on February 12, 2013, 04:14:56 PM
Quote from: jmh on February 12, 2013, 02:12:57 PM
Quote from: H3Matt on February 12, 2013, 12:35:57 PM
It seems to me that Schwarzer cares more about playing in the World Cup more than playing for Fulham.
I don't see what's wrong with him wanting to play for his country; I bet there wouldn't be any objections if the country in question were England.

I'm sorry but it's was not were.

Not so. When using the subjunctive to describe a situation that is contrary to fact, it is correct to use were (as in the title of the song, 'If I Were a Rich Man' from the musical 'Fiddler on the Roof').

the use of the subjunctive mood
result in verb choice misconstrued
make Mr. Moose come all unglued
at least that's what I have conclude
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

St Eve

It is probably time to move on. How could we possibly guarantee him that he would be number 1. Thanks Mark. We wish you the best.

sparkles_moh

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Mr K.Dilkington

I just think he'll get fed up sooner rather than later at the fact that so little faith has been shown in his ability that he'll end up joining Hull most likely, as Bruce evidently likes him alot since he's signed him twice this season on loan. I don't think people should be saying "I don't care" if he leaves and "I've never rated him", I know it's all opinion but can you honestly say you've seen enough of him to suggest he's not good enough at this level if you leave out the mistake against Swansea. He had a brilliant game against Newcastle when he came in and made a quite brilliant save from Ben Arfa I believe, and to top it off in that game his distribution was excellent. If Stockdale leaves Etheridge becomes the reserve keeper, what are people's opinion's on him?, I've only seen him in the Odense game and he wasn't that convincing but i'm not going to contradict myself and form an overall opinion on a player based on one game.
Foolish ham

sunburywhite

Quote from: FFC to the Max on February 13, 2013, 05:52:29 PM
If Stockdale leaves Etheridge becomes the reserve keeper, what are people's opinion's on him?, I've only seen him in the Odense game and he wasn't that convincing but i'm not going to contradict myself and form an overall opinion on a player based on one game.

Why not - a lot of the people on this board do that
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Walsh

Quote from: Baider on February 12, 2013, 01:07:25 PM
Stockdale isn't ready for the premier league

This guy knows, I don't think he's good enough for the Premiership.

jmh

Quote from: Arthur on February 12, 2013, 07:48:51 PM
Quote from: The Moose on February 12, 2013, 04:14:56 PM
Quote from: jmh on February 12, 2013, 02:12:57 PM
Quote from: H3Matt on February 12, 2013, 12:35:57 PM
It seems to me that Schwarzer cares more about playing in the World Cup more than playing for Fulham.
I don't see what's wrong with him wanting to play for his country; I bet there wouldn't be any objections if the country in question were England.

I'm sorry but it's was not were.

Not so. When using the subjunctive to describe a situation that is contrary to fact, it is correct to use were (as in the title of the song, 'If I Were a Rich Man' from the musical 'Fiddler on the Roof').
"were" for contrary to fact, "was" for hypothetical, in other words?  I stand corrected.

EJL

Quote from: Terry Angus on February 12, 2013, 10:16:18 PM
Quote from: EJL on February 12, 2013, 10:07:52 PM

still a class above fatboy stockdale
Yeaaaaaaah, let's just insult our players for no reason.

JackyFulham90

Would love us to play Stockdale now our chances of getting Stekelenburg are gone

YankeeJim

I'd like Mark to stay another year simply because we don't have a proven keeper other than him. However, we cannot guarrenty a #1 spot. Hr has to earn it. If he looses out to Stockdale or someone we bring in, then the team will benefit.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

RaySmith

Schwarz only wants to leave if he can't get first team football, since he still has ambition to play for Australia - and I think he would want this anyway, now that he's coming towards the end of his career.

I think  he is still a top class keeper, though we know the club is trying to bring in somone else either to replace, or compete with Mark.

He has been honest - and that is commendable. He's never moaned about the way he was treted re the Arsenal bid - but has been, and still is, a top pro - who has been instrumental in Fulham's recent success.

Terry Angus

Quote from: RaySmith on February 14, 2013, 06:21:20 AM
Schwarz only wants to leave if he can't get first team football, since he still has ambition to play for Australia - and I think he would want this anyway, now that he's coming towards the end of his career.

I think  he is still a top class keeper, though we know the club is trying to bring in somone else either to replace, or compete with Mark.

He has been honest - and that is commendable. He's never moaned about the way he was treted re the Arsenal bid - but has been, and still is, a top pro - who has been instrumental in Fulham's recent success.

+1

model professional

c.f. d*_$&*y

Me-ate-Live, innit??

He only wants to go because he is fed up of Senderos  064.gif

Dixie

Quote from: MJG on February 12, 2013, 09:27:08 PM
No problem with him leaving. A year too late for me. We should have gone with Stockdale or another younger keeper(mind you 99% of keepers are younger than Mark) a the start of the season.
Great keeper but age catches up with everyone.

I agree.

nobody denies what a fantastic player Schwarzer has been, but I think Stockdale is good enough and would hate to see him not reach his potential because we have held him back for so long.
Having said that, if we get Stekelenberg, he can go!
"Dixie" Dean Coney - the legend lives on!