more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Mark Schwarzer wanting to leave?

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 12, 2013, 12:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/298214/

I've made this point numerous times, but I would be happy with this. I think the way that Stockdale has been treated over the past 5 years (18 league appearances. REALLY?) has been shocking, he is primed and ready to be a solid #1 for us but he has to sit behind Mark because of the clause in Marks contract.

Don't get me wrong, Schwarzer has been fantastic for us but it's time to move on and put in a keeper that can be with us for the next 10 years
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

NorfolkJim

Would Stockdale want to stay after we tried unsuccessfully to buy another keeper in January?

H3Matt

It seems to me that Schwarzer cares more about playing in the World Cup more than playing for Fulham. That being the case, cut him loose in the summer and sign a new keeper. Stockdale really isn't Premier League quality.

FFC1987

I think your opinion is different to others regarding Stockdale and the fact we looked for a new keeper also means the club thinks differently too. I like Stockdale but also trust the management at FFC so I choose to believe if he's good enough, he would have played by now, I think he needs to move on or start. Not sure he will play so.....

Baider

Stockdale isn't ready for the premier league

jarv

18 starts is a bit shabby but he has been loaned out to championship a lot. However, I feel the powers that be do not want to trust him (yet) and may never will. Keeper is totally unforgiving. Dodgy keepers don't last long in the premier. Even an experoenced and excellent keeper like Shay Given was dropped after a very few bad games. There are also a few which have gone from Englands next number 1 to bench in a very short period of time.

I bet Fulham sign a keeper in the summer.

Bassey the warrior

With any luck we'll get a second chance at Stekelenburg, then we can let Mark move on. He's been a great servant and a very important player over the years and he deserves to play in the World Cup.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: H3Matt on February 12, 2013, 12:35:57 PM
It seems to me that Schwarzer cares more about playing in the World Cup more than playing for Fulham. That being the case, cut him loose in the summer and sign a new keeper. Stockdale really isn't Premier League quality.

Can you blame Mark? I say fair enough, he doesn't owe us anything.

JackyFulham90

I think Schwarzer is a great keeper but I hope to see us start with a new younger number 1 next season, I like Stockdale but don't think he will ever be regular number 1 for a team like us

jmh

It seems to me that Schwarzer cares more about playing in the World Cup more than playing for Fulham.
I don't see what's wrong with him wanting to play for his country; I bet there wouldn't be any objections if the country in question were England.

BarryP

The statement makes me wonder if it has been predetermined that Fulham will be looking for a new #1 in the summer and Mark is being given no guarantee of playing time.  If so he it would fit with a decision to begin advertising his availability.  Schwarzer has been a fantasitic keeper for the club but if it is time to part ways then a clean cut this summer would make sense.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Mr K.Dilkington

I think it's pretty unfair on Stockdale saying he isn't premier league quality when in reality he hasn't been given the game time he needs to prove himself. Fair enough he made a mistake against Swansea at home but what keeper doesn't make mistakes, Schwarzher's made quite a few this season but he's still seen as No1 oddly. In conclusion Stockdale is the future (Hopefully) and thus needs a fair crack at proving himself and becoming the number 1.
Foolish ham

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: jmh on February 12, 2013, 02:12:57 PM
It seems to me that Schwarzer cares more about playing in the World Cup more than playing for Fulham.
I don't see what's wrong with him wanting to play for his country; I bet there wouldn't be any objections if the country in question were England.

I'm sorry but it's was not were.

sipwell

Quote from: FFC to the Max on February 12, 2013, 03:27:35 PM
I think it's pretty unfair on Stockdale saying he isn't premier league quality when in reality he hasn't been given the game time he needs to prove himself.

My response to that is as follows:
If he was that talented/Prem level another club would have snapped him up. All in need for a goalkeeper have however bought a pricey foreigner instead who, in most cases, is even younger than Stockdale.

That is however my personal opinion and I understand that people will disagree with it. I personally don't rate Stockdale but I hope he will prove me wrong at one point in the future. I'll be the first to acknowledge I did.
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

DJinNJ

It seems to me that Schwarzer cares more about playing in the World Cup more than playing for Fulham. That being the case, cut him loose in the summer and sign a new keeper.

I don't think any of them are primarily motivated by a love for Fulham, so I'd take a player whose motivation is to continue competing at the highest level over one whose motivation is to collect a paycheck.

Admin

If we've done our homework correctly then we've hopefully got Stekelenburg on a pre-contract. If not, then we are fools in our own making.

jmh

Quote from: The Moose on February 12, 2013, 04:14:56 PM

Is it?  I don't think so but I could be wrong.

Arthur

Quote from: The Moose on February 12, 2013, 04:14:56 PM

Not so. When using the subjunctive to describe a situation that is contrary to fact, it is correct to use were (as in the title of the song, 'If I Were a Rich Man' from the musical 'Fiddler on the Roof').

Terry Angus

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 12, 2013, 12:37:50 PM
I think your opinion is different to others regarding Stockdale and the fact we looked for a new keeper also means the club thinks differently too. I like Stockdale but also trust the management at FFC so I choose to believe if he's good enough, he would have played by now, I think he needs to move on or start. Not sure he will play so.....

agree with this entirely

plus thee's absolutely no way schwarzer has a clause in his contract requiring that he starts if fit. no player in the world could demand that of any club. ridiculous

MJG

No problem with him leaving. A year too late for me. We should have gone with Stockdale or another younger keeper(mind you 99% of keepers are younger than Mark) a the start of the season.
Great keeper but age catches up with everyone.