watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR Colin Murray being dropped from MOTD2

Started by Alternative, February 11, 2013, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alternative

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2013-01-22/colin-murray-to-leave-match-of-the-day-2

Apparently the other pundits do not like him. A bit too jokey - like Chiles.

Should sort out the other regulars too. Shearer, Lawrenson etc. should also be dropped. Just because you once played does not mean you are worth listening to.

jelmo

Or maybe educate Shearer/lawro etc on teams other than the top5/6. It is apparent they know sod all when it comes to the smaller team. If your only job is to be a once a week pundit on a football highlights show then at least to some research into all the teams.

An FFC example is that they only know who Berbatov in our team. How hard is it to learn about the other players.

Or when Southampton beat Man city, they could only talk about city's failings as they knew f'all about the Southampton players.

ron

...and imagine being dumped for liking a joke...

.....how dare anyone think that watching football might be fun.

sipwell

Must say I did not really like him as a presenter of the show, regardless of his jokes. It is a personal thing though: I did not really like the sound of his voice!
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

Baider

To be honest I think MOTD is dreadful, it's only watched because it's the only thing that shows highlights in HD. The analysing of games is terrible, Lawro essentially just describes the play (a pass there, another pass there, overlap, the ball gets crossed in and it's a good finish), to which Shearer grunts and agrees on. An embryo could do a better job. Thats why I usually wait for Goals on Sunday on ss1.

mikeyffc28

I gave up ages ago on MOTD with their crap analysis, and biased match ordering.  I download the ESPN goals app (free) and watch all the highlights on there. 

The Equalizer

As far as I know he left willingly and is currently working on BBC6 Music doing a show called 'Soundscapes' every sunday at 12pm. They're pretty good too.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

epsomraver

Quote from: sipwell on February 11, 2013, 11:14:37 AM
Must say I did not really like him as a presenter of the show, regardless of his jokes. It is a personal thing though: I did not really like the sound of his voice!

Totally agree, there has already been a post about this a few days ago.