https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Store to Close

Started by Lighthouse, February 12, 2013, 02:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: ron on February 13, 2013, 04:11:28 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 12, 2013, 10:29:39 PM
Am I alone in thinking this doesn`t send out a particulary good message?. Its been there for ten years on a very busy junction , thousands of cars a day must pass by, surely its worth keeping just for a form of advertising?
Have to say I`ve always really liked it, the one in the ground is a bleeding nightmare to get in on matchdays. I can understand that its hardly a bustling hive of activity during the week but its always had a few bods milling about when i go there.
I was in Harlow and Brentwood recently where they have Spurs club shops and they never had a soul in either of them.
Just seems a little sad really, surely after spending millions of pounds on players wages etc, they can keep it going?

I totally agree. FFC seem to be chasing the "Most Invisible London Club" title wherever you look .

No replica shirts in sports shops throughout London and the home counties, No merchandise in markets, stores etc.

The Newcastle/ Manchesters/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool shirts wave in the breeze outside these establishments, beckoning youngsters to say  "Can I have one of those for my Birthday Dad?" ...and another lifelong supporter is lost....forever.

..And now the shop is gone ...at the cost of a fraction of a players' wage.

Actually it was Chelmsford where I saw the other Spurs shop not Brentwood.
The more I think about this the more I think its a very bad idea. I can imagine a motorist passing by and thinking "oh the Fulham shop has gone, I wonder why?". Its advertising in the same way the huge demon Internet home kit draped over the old Kings Head across the road was.
Totally agree about being invisible. I am subjected to a vast selection of QPR car stickers on a daily basis, and I mean its pretty much all I see (i`m a bus driver). In a bid to redress the balance I tried to buy one in our shop and all we had was one poxy tiny club crest, once again its a form of advertising.

BalDrick

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 13, 2013, 05:33:31 PM
Quote from: ron on February 13, 2013, 04:11:28 PM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 12, 2013, 10:29:39 PM
Am I alone in thinking this doesn`t send out a particulary good message?. Its been there for ten years on a very busy junction , thousands of cars a day must pass by, surely its worth keeping just for a form of advertising?
Have to say I`ve always really liked it, the one in the ground is a bleeding nightmare to get in on matchdays. I can understand that its hardly a bustling hive of activity during the week but its always had a few bods milling about when i go there.
I was in Harlow and Brentwood recently where they have Spurs club shops and they never had a soul in either of them.
Just seems a little sad really, surely after spending millions of pounds on players wages etc, they can keep it going?

I totally agree. FFC seem to be chasing the "Most Invisible London Club" title wherever you look .

No replica shirts in sports shops throughout London and the home counties, No merchandise in markets, stores etc.

The Newcastle/ Manchesters/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool shirts wave in the breeze outside these establishments, beckoning youngsters to say  "Can I have one of those for my Birthday Dad?" ...and another lifelong supporter is lost....forever.

..And now the shop is gone ...at the cost of a fraction of a players' wage.

Actually it was Chelmsford where I saw the other Spurs shop not Brentwood.
The more I think about this the more I think its a very bad idea. I can imagine a motorist passing by and thinking "oh the Fulham shop has gone, I wonder why?". Its advertising in the same way the huge demon Internet home kit draped over the old Kings Head across the road was.
Totally agree about being invisible. I am subjected to a vast selection of QPR car stickers on a daily basis, and I mean its pretty much all I see (i`m a bus driver). In a bid to redress the balance I tried to buy one in our shop and all we had was one poxy tiny club crest, once again its a form of advertising.

Bottom line, retail speaking, we are rubbish. Which is strange as our chairman used to own the most famous shop in the world.

This has, to me anyway, very much the look of a man tidying up loose ends (when taken in conjunction with other stuff, ie his money thing the other week). For whatever reason, I have a feeling ownership of the club will change this summer.
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

fulhaman

Really enjoyed this store. As you didnt feel rushed. And felt you could try things on. Totally agree with the fact it could be a good advert for our club.

itombomb

Quote from: fulhampa23 on February 12, 2013, 05:12:38 PM
Surely an expanded store can be put into our new and luxurious to-be-completed Riverside Stand. It would be gorgeous sight along the river
That will be the issue. If the restaurants etc are going ahead then with the extended riverside walk on non-match days we will have the main club shop there, fully accessible during the week.

The lease was probably up and the rents were probably going up and multi-year. No real point.