watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham Store to Close

Started by Lighthouse, February 12, 2013, 02:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

After more than 10 years, Fulham Football Club will be closing the doors on its Fulham Road Store for the final time this week, after which, the shop located at Craven Cottage will continue to be the Club's flagship store.

Following significant increases in both the Stadium Store's operation due to its convenience for fans on matchdays, along with ease of accessibility on non-matchdays, together with an increase in online sales, the Club decided to consolidate its efforts into these two outlets. 

During Half-Term, the Stadium Store will be visited by Sascha Riether and Giorgos Karagounis, who will sign autographs for fans, following the success of the visit by Damien Duff and Bryan Ruiz at the end of last year.

The Stadium Store is open Monday to Saturday from 9am-5pm and on Sundays from 11am-4pm and carries a full range of merchandise from replica kit, training wear, and a host of Fulham-related accessories with something for everyone.

There will be no closing down sale in the Fulham Road Store. However, there are still significant savings to be had at both the Stadium Store and online so make sure you visit us soon.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamfan

MJG

Makes sense really. Can't park anywhere near it and its on a very busy corner.
Saying that the store at the ground is way too small for the footfall and needs to be expanded somehow.

Mr-ska

Get rid of kappa and il be spending more!!

LBNo11

...inevitable I suppose, it was a poor layout with too many bottle-necks. Re the limitations of the shop on the Stevenage Road I think that part of the New Al Fayed stand will incorporate a club shop - maybe they will make the existing ground shop the Supporters Club bar they promised us..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Mr K.Dilkington

I've personally always liked the shop on the corner, as others have stated it's never as busy as the one at the ground. That one is a complete nightmare to look around before a game, it's true it needs to be increased in size if they plan to get rid of the one on the corner.
Foolish ham

LordNelson

Quote from: FFC to the Max on February 12, 2013, 03:20:28 PM
I've personally always liked the shop on the corner, as others have stated it's never as busy as the one at the ground. That one is a complete nightmare to look around before a game, it's true it needs to be increased in size if they plan to get rid of the one on the corner.

Staff there were fantastic--very helpful. Also gets crowded before game time.  Will turn stadium shop into utter nightmare on match days.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

fulhampa23

Surely an expanded store can be put into our new and luxurious to-be-completed Riverside Stand. It would be gorgeous sight along the river
"We love to win. For us, for our fans, for our Club. But we win fair. We believe in football first. We play to the spirit of the game. We are Fulham Football Club."

-Brede Hangeland

jmh

I made a stop at the Fulham Road store on a non-match day last time I was over in London, but I can't really see them keeping it open just for occasional visitors like me.

BalDrick

An awful lot of i's being dotted and t's crossed at the moment...or am I reading too much into what is a pretty sensible decision? Bit odd not to wait till the season's end no?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Senior Supporter

Quote from: BalDrick on February 12, 2013, 05:56:33 PM
An awful lot of i's being dotted and t's crossed at the moment...or am I reading too much into what is a pretty sensible decision? Bit odd not to wait till the season's end no?

These things are usually dictated by the terms of the lease, and I imagine it is coming to a renewal or break clause date, so that we have a "get out".  There would be little point in closing down now if we are still responsible for rent and rates until a new tenant is found (unless one is already in place of course).

EJL

Quote from: LordNelson on February 12, 2013, 05:00:52 PM
Quote from: FFC to the Max on February 12, 2013, 03:20:28 PM

Staff there were fantastic--very helpful. Also gets crowded before game time.  Will turn stadium shop into utter nightmare on match days.
The stadium shop is already a nightmare on match days.

cusackdribble

As online sales increase, it probably doesn't make sense to have two stores anymore

Burt

Probably makes sense, even though the stadium shop is a bit of a mare on matchdays.

I assume the lease on the Fulham Rd store must be up.

HillingdonFFC

Am I alone in thinking this doesn`t send out a particulary good message?. Its been there for ten years on a very busy junction , thousands of cars a day must pass by, surely its worth keeping just for a form of advertising?
Have to say I`ve always really liked it, the one in the ground is a bleeding nightmare to get in on matchdays. I can understand that its hardly a bustling hive of activity during the week but its always had a few bods milling about when i go there.
I was in Harlow and Brentwood recently where they have Spurs club shops and they never had a soul in either of them.
Just seems a little sad really, surely after spending millions of pounds on players wages etc, they can keep it going?

Holders

Totally agree, Hillingdon.

It's there to be seen as much as how much it sells.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

RidgeRider

like others, not surprised. When I was there last January I went in there twice and saw one other customer between the two trips.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 12, 2013, 03:09:39 PM
...maybe they will make the existing ground shop the Supporters Club bar they promised us..?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA  064.gif , good one Ed ;-)

ron

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 12, 2013, 10:29:39 PM
Am I alone in thinking this doesn`t send out a particulary good message?. Its been there for ten years on a very busy junction , thousands of cars a day must pass by, surely its worth keeping just for a form of advertising?
Have to say I`ve always really liked it, the one in the ground is a bleeding nightmare to get in on matchdays. I can understand that its hardly a bustling hive of activity during the week but its always had a few bods milling about when i go there.
I was in Harlow and Brentwood recently where they have Spurs club shops and they never had a soul in either of them.
Just seems a little sad really, surely after spending millions of pounds on players wages etc, they can keep it going?

I totally agree. FFC seem to be chasing the "Most Invisible London Club" title wherever you look .

No replica shirts in sports shops throughout London and the home counties, No merchandise in markets, stores etc.

The Newcastle/ Manchesters/Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool shirts wave in the breeze outside these establishments, beckoning youngsters to say  "Can I have one of those for my Birthday Dad?" ...and another lifelong supporter is lost....forever.

..And now the shop is gone ...at the cost of a fraction of a players' wage.

jmh

Quote from: ron on February 13, 2013, 04:11:28 PM
I totally agree. FFC seem to be chasing the "Most Invisible London Club" title wherever you look .
As far as I can figure, the other London clubs (other than QPR) do all seem to have brick-and-mortar stores separate from their stadiums.  However, by and large they seem to be at some distance from the stadium, for example Chelsea have a store in Kingston-on-Thames in addition to two at the Dog Track.  Maybe they figured that having a separate store a ten-minute walk from the one in the stadium was unnecessarily duplicative, especially when you consider that the rent on a big commercial space on Fulham Road couldn't have been cheap?  If they're concerned about visibility, it seems they'd be better served having a store somewhere else than right by the stadium where the borough and a bunch of the streets already have the same name as the club.