Main Menu

Trotta scores again for Brentford - Merged

Started by Mr-ska, February 12, 2013, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Quote from: MJG on February 13, 2013, 01:45:05 PM
Quote from: EJL on February 13, 2013, 01:32:35 PM
Quote from: samv10 on February 13, 2013, 12:08:26 PM
Trotta scored again last night for he bees and It got me thinking why is he still on loan. A fantastic young prospect and we are left we the laziest person to walk the earth up front, undoubtedly berbatov has bagful of talents but he is too lazy, I say we give Trotta a run out
The bit in bold is exactly why he isn't at the club currently. He'd never get a look in; we don't have the freedom to experiment. We need to pick up points first.

Berbatov isn't lazy. The Opta stats from Saturday support that.
And that's the problem.
You have Trotta & Donegan for example, both 21 this year and neither has had any kind of run in the team or even made enough sub appearances. At 20/21 you should be on the verge of the first team squad at least. (well at least having a trip on the coach to away games)

Do you think there may be a reason for that?

MJG

Quote from: FFC1987 on February 13, 2013, 01:57:01 PM
Trotta scored again last night for he bees and It got me thinking why is he still on loan. A fantastic young prospect and we are left we the laziest person to walk the earth up front, undoubtedly berbatov has bagful of talents but he is too lazy, I say we give Trotta a run out
The bit in bold is exactly why he isn't at the club currently. He'd never get a look in; we don't have the freedom to experiment. We need to pick up points first.

And that's the problem.

You have Trotta & Donegan for example, both 21 this year and neither has had any kind of run in the team or even made enough sub appearances. At 20/21 you should be on the verge of the first team squad at least. (well at least having a trip on the coach to away games)

They may not be deemed good enough by Jol which what your hinting at.
But look at the expenditure on the youth and then the players he has brought in on loan. I would have preferred to have seen any of the young CM's given a chance before Frimpong. At least it would give them experience.

I'm a strong believer in giving players a chance. The odd appearance here and there as a sub does no harm.
But apart from Smith no one else has pushed on to make more than 2 appearances.

Donegan falls into the makeup of pretty much all the young players I have seen at Fulham in the last year. Nice and tidy but a little lightweight. They could all do with a bit more time in the gym.

Bassey the warrior

He scores in League 1 and you think we should be starting him in the Premier League, are you mad?
Quite a substantial difference in quality.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: MJG on February 13, 2013, 02:23:35 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on February 13, 2013, 01:57:01 PM

And that's the problem.

They may not be deemed good enough by Jol which what your hinting at.
But look at the expenditure on the youth and then the players he has brought in on loan. I would have preferred to have seen any of the young CM's given a chance before Frimpong. At least it would give them experience.

I'm a strong believer in giving players a chance. The odd appearance here and there as a sub does no harm.
But apart from Smith no one else has pushed on to make more than 2 appearances.

Donegan falls into the makeup of pretty much all the young players I have seen at Fulham in the last year. Nice and tidy but a little lightweight. They could all do with a bit more time in the gym.

I see no evidence that Jol is unwilling to play youngsters, if he thinks they're up to it he will. What about Frei, Briggs and Kacaniklic? Frei was what 18 when he made his debut.

jmh

Quote from: MJG on February 13, 2013, 10:08:27 AM
Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on February 13, 2013, 08:48:49 AM
True, but he has played 15 games. If he's only getting 6 in 15 in League 1, he still needs to improve for the PL.
bloody hell what more can the boy do except score goals. that still makes him possibly an 18 goals a season player in lge 1 for Brentford.
I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm, because I think Trotta has the potential to be a useful player for Fulham, but Bradley Wright-Phillips is good for 20 goals a season in League One and I don't see any Premier League clubs clamoring to sign him.

HatterDon

So, the consensus seems to be that the more Trotta scores for Brentford, the more it proves that he's not good enough for Fulham.

I'm going to sit over there in the corner and try to figure out that logic.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Quote from: jmh on February 13, 2013, 04:53:30 PM
True, but he has played 15 games. If he's only getting 6 in 15 in League 1, he still needs to improve for the PL.
bloody hell what more can the boy do except score goals. that still makes him possibly an 18 goals a season player in lge 1 for Brentford.
I don't want to put a damper on your enthusiasm, because I think Trotta has the potential to be a useful player for Fulham, but Bradley Wright-Phillips is good for 20 goals a season in League One and I don't see any Premier League clubs clamoring to sign him.
Thing is BWP is 27 and been around long enough that we all know hes not Prem quality.
I have no idea if Trotta is going to make it at Prem level. What gets me is we have a goal machine in him who at every level (bar a misstep at Watford) has scored.
I have seen him play live maybe 7 or 8 times and ok, his passing and build up play lets him down, but in the box, whatever way he is facing, he knows where the goal is.
He's not ready to play up front for us yet starting wise, but he could be eased in with a few sub apperances. But anyway I suspect he's at Brentford for the duration and I hope he gets in the first team squad next season for a chance.

MJG

Quote from: HatterDon on February 13, 2013, 05:22:01 PM
So, the consensus seems to be that the more Trotta scores for Brentford, the more it proves that he's not good enough for Fulham.

I'm going to sit over there in the corner and try to figure out that logic.
I'll come and join you.

HatterDon

As I said 90 seconds ago on the other Trotta thread, the consensus seems to be that the more Trotta scores for Brentford the more it proves that he's not good enough for us.

I'll probably say the same thing in the other six Trotta threads when I get to them.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

jmh

Quote from: MJG on February 13, 2013, 05:23:25 PM
Quote from: jmh on February 13, 2013, 04:53:30 PM
Thing is BWP is 27 and been around long enough that we all know hes not Prem quality.
I have no idea if Trotta is going to make it at Prem level. What gets me is we have a goal machine in him who at every level (bar a misstep at Watford) has scored.
I have seen him play live maybe 7 or 8 times and ok, his passing and build up play lets him down, but in the box, whatever way he is facing, he knows where the goal is.
He's not ready to play up front for us yet starting wise, but he could be eased in with a few sub apperances. But anyway I suspect he's at Brentford for the duration and I hope he gets in the first team squad next season for a chance.
Well sure, it's not exactly parallel.  I'm just saying I wouldn't put TOO much stock in a decent goal tally in League One.

Enter the Frei

quick question how many of you have watched him play for Brentford this season? Got a couple of mates who are season ticket holders there who think he looks a decent league one striker but not much more.

Terry Angus

JackyFulham90

Enter the Frei

interesting, btw on his goalscoring stats it's 3 in 11 in the league added to the goal against Chelsea and another couple against Bradford in the 2nd round of the FA cup.

MJG

Quote from: Terry Angus on February 13, 2013, 10:58:43 PM
Quote from: A Humble Man on February 13, 2013, 11:58:56 AM
He is not good enough to start a 3rd level league game.  QED

+1
As I replied to the the post before. So players have to start everygame to be deemed good.
You dont know the reasons why he was sub. Might be tactical, Might be he has a slight knock,might be he needed the rest, might be he had a poor last game. It could be any number of reasons.
I surpose because Hughes was a sub last game he's not up to Prem level, or Emanulason either.

A Humble Man

Quote from: MJG on February 14, 2013, 06:40:46 AM

+1
As I replied to the the post before. So players have to start everygame to be deemed good.
You dont know the reasons why he was sub. Might be tactical, Might be he has a slight knock,might be he needed the rest, might be he had a poor last game. It could be any number of reasons.
I surpose because Hughes was a sub last game he's not up to Prem level, or Emanulason either.

If Trotter was playing like a Premier League striker the manager of Brentford would make him the first name on his team sheet every game and would not worry about minor injuries.  If Rodders or Petric went on loan to a 1st Division they would score hatfulls of goals.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

MJG

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 14, 2013, 07:45:01 AM
Quote from: MJG on February 14, 2013, 06:40:46 AM

+1

If Trotter was playing like a Premier League striker the manager of Brentford would make him the first name on his team sheet every game and would not worry about minor injuries.  If Rodders or Petric went on loan to a 1st Division they would score hatfulls of goals.
And I'm sure a premiership manager would be happy to know one of their players would be starting every game, even when they have minor injury's. Use a bit of common sense.