watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Trotta scores again for Brentford - Merged

Started by Mr-ska, February 12, 2013, 11:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr-ska

Marcello Trotta came off the bench to score the sixth goal of his successful loan spell at Brentford tonight as the Bees saw off Stevenage Borough at Griffin Park.

Fulham's Italian striker, on loan at Brentford since November, replaced Paul Hayes just after the hour mark with the home side already leading through a Tom Adeyemi strike just before the interval. The 20 year-old sealed the win with a superb curler from distance four minutes from time, which helped cement Brentford's place in the League One play-off picture.

Trotta will be hoping that his sublime finish will have done enough to secure a place in the Brentford starting line-up for Sunday's FA Cup fourth replay at Chelsea. He has already made his mark in this season's competition – scoring the opening goal in the original 2-2 draw at Griffin Park.

HatterDon

Hope he gets a start and bags a goal or two v. The Undead.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

M i c K Y x FFC

True, but he has played 15 games. If he's only getting 6 in 15 in League 1, he still needs to improve for the PL.

MJG

Quote from: M i c K Y x FFC on February 13, 2013, 08:48:49 AM
True, but he has played 15 games. If he's only getting 6 in 15 in League 1, he still needs to improve for the PL.
bloody hell what more can the boy do except score goals. that still makes him possibly an 18 goals a season player in lge 1 for Brentford.

cmg

When, last season, certain eminant sages on this board suggested we get hold of Jordan Rhodes, I, somewhat sniffily, compared his then scoring record at Div 1 level with that of Trotta.

I have seen a little bit of Trotta and have not been totally impressed by him, but one thing is for sure, he scores goals. And that is a pretty useful skill to have in this game. Nobody was criticising Gerd Muller's lack of creativity or praising Alan Shearer's aesthetic beauty.

I was wrong to be sniffy about Rhodes and now, I hope, I might be proved wrong to be sniffy about Trotta. We could certainly do with someone whose only contribution is to stick the ball in the net.

BalDrick

'We could certainly do with someone whose only contribution is to stick the ball in the net.'

Particularly when that's been something we haven't done nearly enough of of late. I'm wondering whether we've asked for him back and Brentford have asked whether he can stay for the scum game then come back?
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

Deanothefulhamfan

Rhodes is an excellent finisher and next season will be a premiership player ( possibly at Fulham) as for Trotta I have always liked him but I just dont know if he will ever make it in the prem...

MasterHaynes

We have a few good prospects coming through along with trotta, Woodrow, Gameiro, Altman and dalle valle, there are so many things that influence whether they will make it, all score goals on a regular basis, all have been drilled in the Fulham style of play, who knows. It was only a few years ago Freddy Sears at West ham as a teenager was knocking them in in the premiership( inc against us)looked a good striker in the Premiership but was quickly sent to the bench before being discarded by them and now plays for Colchester.
Judging whether a teenage forward is ready to be tried in the 1st team is very difficult,a lot easier picking fullbacks and midfielders and giving them a run as they have other players around them to cover .

A Humble Man

He is not good enough to start a 3rd level league game.  QED
We Are Fulham, Believe.

cottage cheese

To be honest I dont understand the negativity against Trotta. Hugo is seen as a prem player and has only scored 3 goals all season. I dont see how Trotta could be any worse? He is young, hungry and wanting to play. We need some depth and desire up front as Berbatov is determined to play outside the box leaving us with nothing upfront

samv10

Trotta scored again last night for he bees and It got me thinking why is he still on loan. A fantastic young prospect and we are left we the laziest person to walk the earth up front, undoubtedly berbatov has bagful of talents but he is too lazy, I say we give Trotta a run out

A Humble Man

Quote from: samv10 on February 13, 2013, 12:08:26 PM
Trotta scored again last night for he bees and It got me thinking why is he still on loan. A fantastic young prospect and we are left we the laziest person to walk the earth up front, undoubtedly berbatov has bagful of talents but he is too lazy, I say we give Trotta a run out

Comparing Trotta to Berbatov must be a joke or wicked pathos.
We Are Fulham, Believe.

FFC1987

I wouldn't recommend rising to this wind up merchant. However, I'm glad Trotta is doing well.

filham

Brentford playing Chelsea in the cup replay at the Bridge on Saturday I believe. A Trotta hat trick in that game may make Jol sit up and take notice.

MJG

Quote from: A Humble Man on February 13, 2013, 11:58:56 AM
He is not good enough to start a 3rd level league game.  QED
So every player has to start every game.

BarryP

Glad to hear Trotta. is doing well, playing regularly and not wasting away on the bench. Hoorah for Trotta.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

epsomraver

Problem is can he make the step up to the prem? from what I have seen of him I doubt it.

cmg

Quote from: cottage cheese on February 13, 2013, 12:01:14 PM
To be honest I dont understand the negativity against Trotta. Hugo is seen as a prem player and has only scored 3 goals all season. I dont see how Trotta could be any worse? He is young, hungry and wanting to play. We need some depth and desire up front as Berbatov is determined to play outside the box leaving us with nothing upfront

I think it's more natural caution than negativity.
The wastage rate from youth to Prem level is frightening. We had one of the best youth outfits around recently and yet we see how the likes of Kacaniclic, Frei, Briggs etc. have (so far) struggled to become established. I think it is one of the most interesting things in football to watch the young players develop and yet one must be prepared for much more disappointment than satisfaction. Consider the likes of Simon Davies (no, not our one, although this one did get a Welsh cap) who ended up playing for Airbus UK, Kevin Pilkington (Notts Co), John O'Kane (Hyde Utd), George Switzer (Hyde Utd), Chris Casper (Reading), Colin McKee (Fauldhouse Utd) and Ben Thornley (Witton Alb). Who the hell are they? They are the majority of the famous 1992 Manchester United youth squad (Beckham, Giggs, Butt, Neville and Robbie Savage) easily the most productive of recent years, the ones who didn't make it.

Hopefully Trotta will break through, but the odds are against it. Being young, hungry and wanting to play is not, in isolation, sufficient.

The 'couldn't be any worse' argument, that we have seen in several areas recently just doesn't work without some evidence. Even scoring 'only' 3 goals so far, especially for someone who has had limited playing time and has not solely been used as a striker, in the Premier League is not to be dismissed lightly. And certainly bears favourable comparison with 6 in Div 1.

We have some impressive young talents on our books, we hope they succeed. But we should be realistic.

EJL

The bit in bold is exactly why he isn't at the club currently. He'd never get a look in; we don't have the freedom to experiment. We need to pick up points first.

Berbatov isn't lazy. The Opta stats from Saturday support that.

MJG

Quote from: EJL on February 13, 2013, 01:32:35 PM
The bit in bold is exactly why he isn't at the club currently. He'd never get a look in; we don't have the freedom to experiment. We need to pick up points first.

Berbatov isn't lazy. The Opta stats from Saturday support that.
And that's the problem.
You have Trotta & Donegan for example, both 21 this year and neither has had any kind of run in the team or even made enough sub appearances. At 20/21 you should be on the verge of the first team squad at least. (well at least having a trip on the coach to away games)