watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Quip of the day?

Started by Rupert, February 13, 2013, 03:53:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

There I was, discussing the woes of the world and how to deal with them with a couple of workmates, one of whom is a fellow Fulham fan, the other is an Arsenal follower. We started off with horses getting into beefburgers and spagetti bolognaise, or whatever (all the fault of the Romanians, according to the Gooner, who are turning in their cart-horses for cars). We then hit foxhunting and how a complete ban would see lots of British gee-gees going into the mincer too, which then developed into a discussion of how many jobs depended on various forms of hunting and fishing remaining legal, or semi-legal.
The other Fulham fan then made an impressive leap to linking this with the idea of banning guns in the USA. I wasn't entirely clear on this connection myself, but he then stated that if they tried banning guns in America, the Yanks would be up in arms about it.

I laughed. By the blank look he gave me, he did not do it deliberately, then he got the joke too and laughed along, a little sheepishly. The Gooner remained looking blank.

So, quip of the day or can anyone beat it?
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Fulham1959

Holders

Very good!

Best I can do is going into the feed merchants to buy molassed rabbit food and asking for "molested rabbits".

Note: any connection with the pope thread, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

LBNo11

...I'm trying to think of a quick-fire response...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Its got to come straight from the hip ED

Peabody

Pretty poor show for aGooner (slang for Gunner) not to get it.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Peabody on February 13, 2013, 04:59:59 PM
Pretty poor show for aGooner (slang for Gunner) not to get it.

Not really. If he were smart he'd support Fulham.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

HatterDon

I remember when the Chinese lady in the local takeaway told me that the guy in line in front of me had just ordered a Crab Racoon. She had a wonderful straight face and roll of the eyes on the delivery.

I'm guessing she's NOT a Gooner.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Vinnieffc

I went into my chinese for some chips and she asked me if I wanted Sore Finger and Effin Ess ?