watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Don Mackay

Started by F(f)CUK, February 14, 2013, 07:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F(f)CUK

Just read the article in the Thursday Fulham Stuff re Don Mackay.

I talked to Jimmy Hill about the moment he went into the Orient game dressing room and I know where my sympathies lie.

The team were being mismanaged at the time, with the team complaining that Mackay was not even talking to them.

Hill had major issues with the training methods and felt he needed to change things from top to bottom.

Unfortunately he then brought in Alan Dicks.

F(f)CUK

Should point out that this was a discussion from the time, went on for over an hour and I forget much of the detail.

AnotherVicHalomLoveChild

Quote from: FF(C)UK on February 14, 2013, 07:29:30 AM
Just read the article in the Thursday Fulham Stuff re Don Mackay.

I talked to Jimmy Hill about the moment he went into the Orient game dressing room and I know where my sympathies lie.

The team were being mismanaged at the time, with the team complaining that Mackay was not even talking to them.

Hill had major issues with the training methods and felt he needed to change things from top to bottom.

Unfortunately he then brought in Alan Dicks.

"Dicks out!!" - ahhh the old ones are the best
Maybe MJ isn't so bad after all?!

keith

The thing is, we thought he was great at first. "Don Mackays Black and White Army". "Dicks Out", ha ha, yes, that was good. "Campbell out" was another one.

Captain Peacock

I was at the game and clearly something was very wrong. I saw JH walking down from the Directors Box at HT and into the dressing room, something was up!
Somewhere in deepest East Surrey
Follow me on twitter @pavo121

Alan

I thought Branfoot was after Mackay...

Anyway, as Hill was walking down, my Dad shouted "Do us all a favour & sack him!". Having said that, it may not have been quite so clean, but, I was still young. He still tries to take the credit for it...
Why would you kill it, kill it, kill it before it dies?

F(f)CUK

Quote from: Alan on February 14, 2013, 10:41:44 AM
I thought Branfoot was after Mackay...

Anyway, as Hill was walking down, my Dad shouted "Do us all a favour & sack him!". Having said that, it may not have been quite so clean, but, I was still young. He still tries to take the credit for it...
Sorry - you're right it was Branfoot next.

This makes sense as Branfoot would then fit the bill for the type of manager that Fulham were looking to bring in.

VB

Without Branfoot, no Adams...
without Adams, No promotion
without that promotion, no Fayed and all that followed

like one of my favourite lyricist once said,

'wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex,
time after time  we lose sight of the way
are visions cant see there effects'
FULHAMISH: The more things change, The more they stay the same

Lighthouse

Always thought Mackay did a good job all things considered.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 14, 2013, 01:05:39 PM

He seemed like a REAL manager but Simon Morgan was absolutely scathing about him.

Rupert

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 14, 2013, 01:38:41 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 14, 2013, 01:05:39 PM

He seemed like a REAL manager but Simon Morgan was absolutely scathing about him.

Yes, Morgs had little good to say about Pleat either (from his time at Leicester) but did give Pleat credit where it was due. I don't recall him giving Mackay credit for anything at all.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Banstead White

He may never have been "right" but he took his job seriously. I recall watching the reserves at he cottage once and could hear him berating the ref from the cottage balcony.....Never seen or heard that since.
R
Roysie

Sir Alec of good Stock

Great chant of

"Stop the rot, sack the Scot"

LBNo11

...the nicest thing I can say about him is that he talked the talk, but he didn't walk the walk...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC