watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris Smalling's Fee to MU.

Started by nial, April 27, 2010, 03:02:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nial

Does anybody have any proper idea of how much Fulham are to get for Smalling from United? It started in the media at (I seem to remember) £10 or £11 million, but in the past weekend papers it was only £7m. In between it seems to have gently slid down from the original high. Or is the whole thing just speculation with no real numbers at all?

White Noise

Both Roy Hodgson and Danny Murphy have said Man Utd paid £10 million for him but I think this is just the main fee.

People have said that it supposedly the biggest up-front fee we have received for a player and we obviously got £12.5 million for Saha.

Therefore I think £10 million is the up-front fee and there is somewhere between £12-£14 million in add ons related to appearances, international recognition, trophies etc. Almost all the papers at the time said either £12 or £14 million as the fee once they had moved on from the initial lower figures they reported before the deal was actually done.

nial

Thanks, Maestro. Clear as always.

LRCN

We will know because if a signing is over 10 million then they have to declare it to the stock exchange. Which is why as far as I know AJ didn't cost over 10 mil.

The Equalizer

Quote from: Lork on April 27, 2010, 11:42:33 PM
We will know because if a signing is over 10 million then they have to declare it to the stock exchange. Which is why as far as I know AJ didn't cost over 10 mil.

Why does it have to be declared at the Stock Exchange? Neither Fulham nor Everton are listed with the LSE on any markets so surely it has nothing to do with them?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

LRCN

Quote from: The Equalizer on April 28, 2010, 07:36:17 AM
Quote from: Lork on April 27, 2010, 11:42:33 PM

Why does it have to be declared at the Stock Exchange? Neither Fulham nor Everton are listed with the LSE on any markets so surely it has nothing to do with them?

ah right, it might only be clubs listed on the stock exchange then.

The Equalizer

Well I'm not 100% sure Lorkster. Sounds like a nice little mission to try and find out though...
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

finnster01

Mr Eq is correct on the matter.

If you are not publicly listed on any exchange, your book is not publicly available (unless you want to publish it yourself on the internet or elsewhere), which is one of the reasons there are some very large companies not trading on exchanges.

However, you do need to produce audited financials per government rules but those rules are based on which legal jurisdiction your company is registered in ( which is why MAF's holding company that owns the holding company that owns Fulham is registered in the British Virgin Islands )
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead