watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Good to see Steeeed still playing good football

Started by epsomraver, February 15, 2013, 09:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Had a good game against Spuds, Dembele worked hard, Dempsey subbed yet no pat on the back and handshake from AVB ?

Tonywa

It really is extraordinary how many times Dembele seems to touch the ball during a game.  Constantly making himself available and finding space he really is at the hub of everything, though could still improve his  goal-scoring record.

Ordar

I actually thought Dembele was very poor last night. Commited several fouls and lost the ball quite a bit. Doesnt seem to do the same driving runs as he did with us. He's definitely plateaued this season.

Dempsey did his normal shooting from rediculous distances/angles and falling over. The disease seemed to spread to Gomis who did identical.

Steed was fantastic, his all round play was superb. His set pieces and crossing was fantastic. Good to see him doing well.

I also seem to be the only person who thinks the Lyon goalkeeper should have saved both free kicks, especially the second. Cracking goal from the Lyon lad though. Dull game really apart from the goals

epsomraver

Dembele's role is to bring the ball from defence and link to offence, something he did well last night and something we sadly miss.

FFCAli

Quote from: Ordar on February 15, 2013, 10:33:24 AM

I also seem to be the only person who thinks the Lyon goalkeeper should have saved both free kicks, especially the second.

I agree.  I only saw the last couple of minutes but definitely thought the goalkeeper should have saved that last minute goal.

Airfix

Quote from: epsomraver on February 15, 2013, 10:44:04 AM
Dembele's role is to bring the ball from defence and link to offence, something he did well last night and something we sadly miss.

Is that allowed then?   :58:

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

JackyFulham90

Malbranque was one of the best players I've seen play for Fulham he was top class

fulhaman

Loved this guy felt we shd of gone for him last year, wasn't he on a free?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: fulhaman on February 15, 2013, 12:29:53 PM

He retired didn't he?  Something to do with his kid, hen came back this season.

fulhaman

Yea that right. I was surprised when he came back. Some of his performances for Fulham were amazing.

MasterHaynes

I still wonder why we didn't attempt to re-sign him when he left sunderland on a free, he was still performing well for them in the prenmiership seemed a no brainer at the time. There were Runours he had to go back to france because of family problems but he came out and denied them. Not sure what went on there anyone have the inside info on it?

mccscratch

I actually thought Dembele was very poor last night. Commited several fouls and lost the ball quite a bit. Doesnt seem to do the same driving runs as he did with us. He's definitely plateaued this season.

Dempsey did his normal shooting from rediculous distances/angles and falling over. The disease seemed to spread to Gomis who did identical.

Bitter much? Dempsey had no shots last night, not on target or off so what you have said was a complete fabrication... and Dembele was not poor... if anyone in the Spurs side was poor it was Adebayor
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

twang

Quote from: God The Mechanic on February 15, 2013, 12:33:41 PM

He did indeed retire for a few months, but it had nothing to do with his son having cancer as the rumors said. In fact, he doesn't even have a son.

Fulham1959

I also seem to be the only person who thinks the Lyon goalkeeper should have saved both free kicks, especially the second. Cracking goal from the Lyon lad though. Dull game really apart from the goals

The first free kick was virtually impossible to save  -  didn't you see how it came out of the stratosphere and bounced just in front of the keeper ?

zander

Quote from: FFCAli on February 15, 2013, 11:12:23 AM

I also seem to be the only person who thinks the Lyon goalkeeper should have saved both free kicks, especially the second.

I agree.  I only saw the last couple of minutes but definitely thought the goalkeeper should have saved that last minute goal.

Yeah I thought he should of done better with the second one. A very good/top keeper would expect to save that and would take responsibility if it went in.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: God The Mechanic on February 15, 2013, 12:33:41 PM

That was not true
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/news/8743112/Steed-Malbranques-lawyers-rubbish-reports-he-has-quit-football-to-care-for-cancer-suffering-son.html

Steed Malbranque's lawyers rubbish reports he has quit football to care for cancer-suffering son
Reports that Steed Malbranque – the former Fulham, Spurs and Sunderland midfielder – had quit the game because his son has cancer, are entirely false, his UK lawyer told Telegraph Sport.
The Belgian midfielder left Sunderland four months ago to join St Etienne, but made only one appearance for the Championnat side before being omitted from the squad altogether for the game against Sochaux at the weekend.
Reports appeared yesterday stating that Malbranque had decided to call time on his 15-year career to care for his four year-old son.
However, a source at Thomas Cooper, the London-based solicitors who represent Malbranque, said last night: "These reports are wholly wrong.
"In the first place, Steed does not have a son. He does have two daughters, both of whom are in good health, and he has not quit at St Etienne.
"We do not know how these reports began but, as you can imagine, Steed is not at all happy about them."