watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR -- The Hatters Go For History

Started by HatterDon, February 15, 2013, 05:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

The FA's favorite scapegoat/victim -- Luton Town Football Club -- are looking to be the first non-league club since 1901 to get into the FA Cup Quarterfinals. All that has to happen on Saturday is for Millwall to lose -- something I hope happens every weekend.

So far Luton have beaten Wolves and scored the only goal at Carrow Road -- something I wish we would have been able to do. The cup run has resulted in the Hatters drop from 2nd to 9th, so they probably won't make the playoffs this year. The FA Cup is all they have.

Who's with me in cheering for history to be made tomorrow?  :clap_hands: :yay:
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Berserker

Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MOR :

Afraid I'm supporting Millwall, never liked Luton ever since I got turned over by four of their supporters after a Fulham home game when I was in my teens. I only managed to get one punch off...it still rangles me to this day...so sorry HatterDon it's Millwall for me.

I'll probably be the only one on this forum hoping Luton lose...

SG

Luton for me HD - what the FA did to them was nothing short of disgraceful - although the away end is bloody awful to sit and watch a game from. Plus I was on the wrong end of a few punches when Fulham won 3-1 at the Old Den many years ago.

LBNo11

...as we used to sing to Max Bygraves' tune "It's Spring Again, We'll Sing Again (testis) To Luton Town" not a nice place to visit and had the odd run in with the inbreds.

Maybe things have changed, and I would like to see a snook cocked at the FA who did indeed make a scapegoat of Luton Town instead of shouldering their own responsibility in selecting "fit and proper" owners; that said Millwall have been no better but they attract a certain type of fan, whereas Luton Town locals pass the genes on - sorry Don...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Travers Barney

Remember losing 4-0 in 79/80 when we went down...dreadful place...they had loads of skinheads in their ranks I do recall that...for some reason we had a number of coaches that day that returned us back to that Italian cafe outside Putney Bridge Station.

Hope Luton win tomorrow though for HD'S sake.

Just wondering whether you ever frequented the Mad Hatters pub HD?

coyw
We are the whites

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: MOR : on February 15, 2013, 05:25:20 PM
Afraid I'm supporting Millwall, never liked Luton ever since I got turned over by four of their supporters after a Fulham home game when I was in my teens. I only managed to get one punch off...it still rangles me to this day...so sorry HatterDon it's Millwall for me.

I'm with MOR ..............Loved The old Den going there in the late 70's was a 'revelation '
Loved that they changed their game a while ago, so that they could join the protest about the proposed closure of Lewisham hospital

Wingnut

I know a few Millwall folk and they are really good people. Had a few nights on the beer with them and they were great. So I'd like to see them progress. Is this on television? 12.45 kick off, due to policing no doubt.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

jarv

Luton. I have a few friends who follow them. (most in the same family).Luton were probably the first club to implement procedures to keep the thugs out. Kids could go there when no other ground was safe. Hats off to tem.

Travers Barney

Quote from: KCat on February 15, 2013, 09:51:10 PM
Quote from: MOR : on February 15, 2013, 05:25:20 PM

I'm with MOR ..............Loved The old Den going there in the late 70's was a 'revelation '
Loved that they changed their game a while ago, so that they could join the protest about the proposed closure of Lewisham hospital

With you on the Lewisham Hospital bit for sure KCat.

coyw
We are the whites

Scrumpy

Strangely, for such a relatively small Club, Luton Town FC does divide people.

For - Hatter Don, non-league Club/Underdog, very harshly treated by the F.A., Eric Morecombe, good Away End for atmosphere.

Against - Plastic pitch, posh chairman banning away fans, ID Cards, nasty little 'firm', silly little stand on one side.

I'm not sure. I may toss a coin.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ffctom_b

Luton for me all day long as i grew up there and used to go to as many Luton games as i could when Fulham were not playing
twitter @tombrowning1977
Blog ffctomb.blogspot.com

keith

HatterDon

I have to admit that I'm thrilled to see so much support for my first love. I'm more than a bit puzzled by the love for Millwall, however, since visiting the Old Den was the ONLY time I visited any football ground where is fully expected mayhem to break out any second for the entire 90 minutes. I thought their supporters were the worst example of the human race I'd ever seen.

Anyhow, I'll always respect the opinion of any Fulham anywhere on any subject. 

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Burt

As per LB's post, the "bollox to Luton Town" song has been one of my all time faves, although I am not sure of the background i.e. why it entered terrace chanting for so long during my childhood.

Who to win? Luton, purely from an underdog perspective.

GoldCoastWhite

I'll be hoping for a Luton win too. Always like to see the underdog triumph - and if it makes Donaldinho happy that's an added bonus  078.gif

mangoputney

Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

HatterDon

Ah well, it was not to be. Luton looked good until the second goal went in. Then it was all over.

It's interesting how the ground has changed since the mid-70s. The Oak Road End is now for visitors. It's where the diehards used to stand. The Kenilworth Road End was for visitors in my day as it was uncovered. The old "Bobbers Stand" looks to be private boxes. My last seasons at K-Road -- 74-75 -- my season ticket was there. Strangely, the pitch looked better today than it did in the old First Division days in the early-mid 70s.

As for Millwall, the only player I saw out there that I rated was their goalkeeper, Forde. I haven't seen such good positioning and decisive movements since Mark's first two seasons with us.