News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

How many goals will Berbatov get this season?

Started by JackyFulham90, February 15, 2013, 09:46:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I think he will finish on 12 Prem Goals come May, would that be looked at as successful for a player of his quality?

Me-ate-Live, innit??

20 ................... he will enter a purple patch
Is it only me that thinks he looks like Mr Burns ????

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I was wondering the same a couple of days ago, he should score many more but he seems a little bit too eager to start the football move. I know we lack quality in midfield and he needs to drop to get the ball, but you can see this affecting his goal tally.
He will be more up front with the likes of Emanuelson and Diarra getting more game time. So I will say 13 to 15 goals.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I think he would have scored more if our central midfield wasn't Steve Sidwell and Chris Baird.

MOR :

If he gets 15 this season then it's another £10.00 from me for the upkeep of the FOF site...

Oiseau

No more than he's currently scored if he continues to spend most matches in midfield and not in the box.

cmg

Berbatov has scored 8 PL goals in 21 appearances, that's .38 goals/game.

Simple extension of those figures would give him 12 or 13 goals for the season.

He had .44 goals/game for Manchester United and .39 goals/game for Spurs so something like 14 goals in a 33 game season would represent a satisfactory haul for a player of his calibre.

To afford some perspective the goals/game ratio for our regular scorers since getting into the PL are:

Dempsey    .27
McBride      .23
Saha         .35
Boa           .23
John          .23
Zamora      .22

Goals per minute would be more accurate but this gives some idea of affectiveness as a goalscorer. It doesn't, of course, tell us anything about a players other contributions. PL goals only.

BalDrick

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on February 15, 2013, 09:46:18 PM
I think he will finish on 12 Prem Goals come May, would that be looked at as successful for a player of his quality?

No, not really. 15 bare minimum I'd say (too late now I suspect but that's what I'd have said when he signed)
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town

LBNo11

...it depends on how close to the halfway line we position the goals...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

epsomraver

Quote from: LBNo11 on February 16, 2013, 11:39:17 AM
...it depends on how close to the halfway line we position the goals...

:plus one:

Bobby2012

I think he will get 21 goals this season, because the new players make our team stronger and gives more possibilities.

EJL

Quote from: Bobby2012 on February 16, 2013, 12:30:48 PM
I think he will get 21 goals this season, because the new players make our team stronger and gives more possibilities.
So he's going to score 13 goals in 12 games? Nice.

cmg

Quote from: Bobby2012 on February 16, 2013, 12:30:48 PM

I admire your optimism.
If he did he would be the first Fulham player to net 20 in the top flight since Allan Clarke in 1968 (just to add a note of Fulhamish pessimism, and to underline what a fabulous goalscorer Clarkie was, that was the year we finished rock bottom!)

filham

Quote from: cmg on February 16, 2013, 11:12:49 AM

He had .44 goals/game for Manchester United and .39 goals/game for Spurs so something like 14 goals in a 33 game season would represent a satisfactory haul for a player of his calibre.

To afford some perspective the goals/game ratio for our regular scorers since getting into the PL are:

Dempsey    .27
McBride      .23
Saha         .35
Boa           .23
John          .23
Zamora      .22

Goals per minute would be more accurate but this gives some idea of affectiveness as a goalscorer. It doesn't, of course, tell us anything about a players other contributions. PL goals only.
[/quote

Interesting statistic that shows the only real goalscorer we have had in the premiership years is Saha, Boa of course did well as an attacking midfielderand McBride was perhapsour best ever target man but not an out and out goalscorer.

Of course the stats also show how the £11m Marlet and Andy Johnson failed us.

epsomraver

cmg

Quote from: filham on February 16, 2013, 05:27:33 PM
Quote from: cmg on February 16, 2013, 11:12:49 AM

Dempsey    .27
McBride      .23
Saha         .35
Boa           .23
John          .23
Zamora      .22

Interesting statistic that shows the only real goalscorer we have had in the premiership years is Saha, Boa of course did well as an attacking midfielderand McBride was perhapsour best ever target man but not an out and out goalscorer.

Of course the stats also show how the £11m Marlet and Andy Johnson failed us.

Yes. Marlet weighs-in at .2 and AJ at an embarassing .15. Even allowing for the fact that AJ worked hard and contributed in areas other than putting the ball in the net, that's pretty pathetic for someone who was signed as an out-and-out striker. In fact all on the list made all-round contributions to some extent - apart from Collins "I'm not interested in crossing the ball" John.

BalDrick

Quote from: epsomraver on February 16, 2013, 05:29:53 PM
Collins John got 23 ? really

No, it's a ratio - he got 0.23 goals per game.

I might be about to be whooshed for this, you may have been joking. Oh well, early Sunday morning...
Cigarettes and women be the death of me, better that than this old town