watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Marcelo Trotta - needs to be in Jol's plans for next year

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, February 17, 2013, 02:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

Great finish against Chelsea today, only for the ref to call it back for a foul.

Doesn't have to start, but certainly should be in the 25 man squad
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

JackyFulham90

Agreed, he is a good finisher something we lack he will be mote effective with better players

cmg

Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on February 17, 2013, 02:16:38 PM
Great finish against Chelsea today, only for the ref to call it back for a foul.

I know what you mean, but he is, of course, already in our first team squad - although being under 21 he does not count towards the 25 man maximum.
If the regs are the same next year, I think I am right in saying that, being born on 29 Sept 1992, he will still be considered an u-21 for next season. (Although Italian-born, he can also be considered a 'Home Grown' player.)

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: cmg on February 17, 2013, 03:57:13 PM
Quote from: Rhys Lightning 63 on February 17, 2013, 02:16:38 PM

I know what you mean, but he is, of course, already in our first team squad - although being under 21 he does not count towards the 25 man maximum.
If the regs are the same next year, I think I am right in saying that, being born on 29 Sept 1992, he will still be considered an u-21 for next season. (Although Italian-born, he can also be considered a 'Home Grown' player.)

Regardless of whether he is or isn't in the 25 man squad (I don't know what the exact situation is) he NEEDS to get some game time with the first team in pre-season, hopefully get blooded in during the first couple of weeks
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

bobby01

I thought he was clueless, did very little all the time he was on, definetley not a pre player on that showing.
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

His 'goal' was class but apart from a few touches, he showed little and merited being taken off. I think he needs a loan spell in the Championship under a manager that promotes development and attacking football. We must be patient with him, he's 20 years old.

fulhamben

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on February 17, 2013, 05:44:38 PM
His 'goal' was class but apart from a few touches, he showed little and merited being taken off. I think he needs a loan spell in the Championship under a manager that promotes development and attacking football. We must be patient with him, he's 20 years old.
so you are saying just like berbatov but he has goals in him too
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FC Silver Fox

He's scored goals in what is the 3rd division. Can he do the same in the Premiership?  One could argue that Jol can't know if he doesn't give him a chance. I agree that a loan period in the Championship would help him gradually step up a level.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: bobby01 on February 17, 2013, 04:41:51 PM
I thought he was clueless, did very little all the time he was on, definetley not a pre player on that showing.

Im not overly convinced about his all round game but I think you're doing him a bit of a disservice, the poor kids been asked to play up top on his own against Terry and Luiz

TonyGilroy

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on February 17, 2013, 07:06:28 PM

Im not overly convinced about his all round game but I think you're doing him a bit of a disservice, the poor kids been asked to play up top on his own against Terry and Luiz

Indeed but if he's not ready for that he's not ready to play Prem League for us.

JackyFulham90

He looked good in pre season, maybe he is not ready yet but he is a good finisher given the right service he will score goals

Mr-ska

I saw him play against Walton and Hersham in the pre season...  he was truly awful...

fulhamben

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 17, 2013, 07:26:09 PM

Indeed but if he's not ready for that he's not ready to play Prem League for us.

but then he had a good goal ruled out today and scored against them in the home match too. so out of our current strikers, who else has scored 2 past chelsea this year? maybe we should send hugo petric and berbatov out on loan to get them ready for the prem
although i did forget that is better to look good and do nothing than look bad but do something
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

HatterDon

Trotta is a big, strong, front runner. Jol doesn't want these types of strikers -- too English, I guess. I think Trotta could be a good player for us off the bench in the last 20 minutes of a close match, but I think what is preferred is another slow, deliberate forward.

I hope he does well, but I haven't a clue who that will be for.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on February 17, 2013, 07:26:09 PM

You mean we can't use a striker who only scores against Chelsea every other match?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

JackyFulham90

Hopefully Trotta & Kasami can play a part next season they are our future

Enter the Frei

I'd prefer to see him loaned out again next year as he probably wouldn't get any game time for us.

To be honest he's gonna have to improve a lot to make it with us because he doesn't score that many goals and his all round game isn't the best.