watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm thinking of putting together a book on the history of Fulham FC

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, February 17, 2013, 05:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Basically I'm asking whether any of you have any true stories about Fulham FC whether it be old or modern.

The inspiration of this idea came with listening to Andy Gray and Richard Keys on TalkSport and they were interviewing a Manchester United fan about a book he wrote about Manchester United and their friendship with Real Madrid which also uncovered that Manchester United were close to a loan deal for Alfredo di Stefano after the Munich disaster only for the FA to block to move because they feared di Stefano would be taking an Englishman's job. How times have changed?

I would love to compile some similar unknown stories to include into the book. Any information would be amazing, including people to email etc.

Thanks beforehand.

LBNo11

...good luck Frankie, there are many, many Fulham books out there that are about the history of Fulham, I have 40 books on Fulham, many of them with comments and anecdotes...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Logicalman

I believe you are after producing something along the lines of Alex "The Traveller" Ferguson's books. Could be good to read those first, to give you a taste of the true Fulham story told from a fans pov.

This guy was the consummate Fulham fan, and author of Pandora's Fulhamish Box and A Fulhamish Coming of Age: Fulham in Europe 1973-2003.

Unfortunately he died 7 years back, here is his obituary.

(btw - I have Pandora's, and if someone has a copy of Coming of Age for sale, please PM me).

simplyfulham

Sounds like a great idea!

Best of luck to you.. Keep us posted