watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Possible re-scheduling of Chelsea game

Started by muiscatron, February 18, 2013, 08:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muiscatron

If Chelsea beat Boro and get through to the next round of the cup, does anyone have any ideas as to the likely new date for the home game against them (based on past experience)?

Roberty

On past experience - it will be a day when for whatever reason I cannot go.   :012:
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ScalleysDad

Could be a while if 'They' progress in both the FA and Europa competitions and then there is the international break to factor in. I have'nt booked a train for the 10th yet and it is getting more expensive by the day which is a bummer. I'm not sure whether to support The Boro to get back on track or just accept that 'They' will progress in both and look forward to a resurgent 'Them' and a recently trophied 'They' as the last two home fixtures. I hope we have nailed the points by then.

Berserker

Could it end up a mid week night match do you think? Seeing i have to work some Saturdays in Mar and April, plus some evening shifts,  Sunday's are the best option for me
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

filham

As always the final decision will be made by the television gods.

St Eve

Well let's hope Boro beat them. I already have 4 tickets

westcliff white

will almost certainly be a mid week game, only way ot wont be is if Man Utd bat them in the QF, then if by chance the team they were due to play on the weekend of of the SF makes the SF then we can play that weekend.
But its likely to be a mid week game.

As for date as someone said depends on the process in the competitions, but it coud be as late as April
Every day is a Fulham day

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: Roberty on February 18, 2013, 09:18:52 AM
On past experience - it will be a day when for whatever reason I cannot go.   :012:

For me that's the day I die ;-) other than that I will be there

It will be midweek as Chelsea are due to play Spurs in the league on semi final day, and as Spurs are out, even if Chelsea get beat before the semi final, their game with Spurs will go ahead that day

With Chelsea still being in Europa action, that also cuts the amount of midweek dates we can play

ScalleysDad

Quote from: westcliff white on February 19, 2013, 06:56:17 AM
will almost certainly be a mid week game, only way ot wont be is if Man Utd bat them in the QF, then if by chance the team they were due to play on the weekend of of the SF makes the SF then we can play that weekend.
But its likely to be a mid week game.

As for date as someone said depends on the process in the competitions, but it coud be as late as April

Depending on the need for a cup replay and further stcking up if 'They' make it to Old Trafford it could be the third week of April, 15th onwards, by which time 'They' might be in a final and gearing up for the europa semi the week after. BUGGER. I thought there used to be a deadline but even by not doing them any favours I can't really see how it can be played before late April and if the club versus country debate is used, ie March taken out of the equation, May is not out of the question, probably a week night before the cup final as the europa final is the week after.

COME ON THE BORO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Delboy

A Chelsea fixture pile up is just what we want. The fat Spanish waiter has a history of putting below par teams out against supposed lower ranked opposition, especially us. Go on Beni, little old Fulham aren't a threat.

David Allen Crankshaw

I hope they lose to Boro. I've already booked a return train ticket from Manchester and I don't want it changed to midweek. Overnight stays in hotels can be quite expensive.